• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Col info needed

Blackjack Gabbiani

Back due to popular demand!
Reaction score
I haven't played Collisseum, having not the system to play it on, so I need to ask you all something.

I've heard that there's a capture device in it that brainwashes pokemon, thereby turning them into 'shadow' types. My question--on paper, that sounds an awful lot like the Dark Balls from movie 4. Are they really that similar or is that just because I haven't played the game?

They turn the Pokemon into mindless fighting machines. And the ultimate shadow Pokemon was a Tyranitar....

I definately think that Genius Sonority saw the fourth movie.

Then again, Shadow Pokemon in the game weren't perfecty obeying, like Tyranitar, Sneasel, and Scizor were to IMM in the movie.

I've heard that there's a capture device in it that brainwashes pokemon, thereby turning them into 'shadow' types. My question--on paper, that sounds an awful lot like the Dark Balls from movie 4. Are they really that similar or is that just because I haven't played the game?

There's not really a capture device that does the brainwashing. There's a capture device that captures Pokemon from other trainers. Then the Pokemon are taken to a lab, and they come out as Shadow Pokemon. So, it's not exactly like Dark Balls.

In addition, the Shadow Pokemon in Colosseum are unruly and don't like to obey orders. Imagine if Vicious had captured that Tyranitar, made it stronger, and then the Tyranitar either attacked him, sat on his ass doing nothing, or started to thrash around - that's more of Col's concept . . .

Actually they only disobey if you order them to use Shadow Rush, right? (Haven't played it in a while.) But still.

Actually they only disobey if you order them to use Shadow Rush, right? (Haven't played it in a while.) But still.

For the most part, that's true. But sometimes they'll go into Hyper Mode if they get smacked around enough.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom