• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Collapse [Mature] - ENDGAME (7/1/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Collapse [Mature] - Chapter One (D1): Wallowing Wealthy Man (6/12/14)

Yes and if you lynch me and then let Lovandra and lover get nightkilled (assuming they're both town) then that's also three townies dead. I don't know how you're getting the whole "I'm picking three deaths over two" thing. The whole point is if she's paired with a mafia, something she herself hinted at and not uncommon to happen, then it's better that we lynch her. As Clusiana and I have both attested to, a town/mafia lover pair is not an odd suggestion at all and has actually happened enough to have to be considered. I find it kinda weird how quick you are to brush it aside.

And here's where your math is wrong. Terribly, terribly wrong. There's a chance that the Mafia might not target our Lover. They might want to make us lynch them, because they think they can convince us that one of them is Mafia. They might think they'll get Doctor protection. My way, there's at least a fighting chance for 1 guaranteed Townie and 1 almost but not quite guaranteed Townie, and the WIFOM has a chance to prevent anyone from dying (save for the alternate lynch, if we go with you like I think we should, but I'm 65% confident that you're Mafia anyways so that doesn't really matter). Your way, we kill both of them and probably lose 2 Townies, then leave an open kill for the Mafia to use, with no WIFOM for protection.

Clearly, mine's the better alternative. I really fail to understand how yours would be better in any likely circumstance. For one second, stop arguing that one of the lover members is Mafia. Because we can't prove it right now, and it'd be really, really stupid to try.

Because seriously this whole Mafia/Town lovers/masons thing has happened like twice. Ever. And I was the Mafia side during one of them, so I should know. That's not easy to pull off, and we'd be looking at a Mafia team with an extra member if it did actually happen.

I'm not seeing it sorry, could you repeat it?
Sure, it's kind of something that you need to see altogether though so here's a link to the post. hopefully that links to it

Why I didn't make it obvious enough it was a jokevote? I thought it was obvious enough but I guess not. It's not the "XXXDDDD" kind unserious but unserious in a, as others would call it, sassy way. People who know me well enough would realise it, @Synthesis; told me this on skype when he first read it:

[14-6-2014 15:18:55] James: nvote: soulmaster
vote: lovandra

No offense but your posting style is rather annoying, you complain about others not being serious but you post like that.
[14-6-2014 15:18:57] James: lol
[14-6-2014 15:19:05] James: classic sassper

(sassper being a pun on my name when I'm acting "sassy" which is apparently common enough to get me that nickname, I'm not a fan of the nickname but there you have it)

Oh wow such a big discussion Day 1.
Unvote Oswin

I think Clusiana makes some good points and Mijz is more being harsh than scummy imo. Putting himself out there so much this early is foolish if he was mafia, and he's quite experienced so I'd say it's unlikely.

If we tie up the votes, we will most likely have to deal with the same debate tomorrow because mafia leaving her alone puts our attention on her rather than one of them, effectively giving a free kill. Tying up for now but the way I see it is no vote: mostly pointless but safe, mijz: losing a town and having to deal with lovandra suspicion tomorrow, and voting lovandra: most suspicious so far imo (bar gliscorman maybe), quite possibly still innocent though.

Vote: lovandra
Why do you say Mijz is town but nothing on lovandra's alliance?

tbh in a lover pair at least one is town so why would you lynch a basically confirmed town member

Yes and if you lynch me and then let Lovandra and lover get nightkilled (assuming they're both town) then that's also three townies dead. I don't know how you're getting the whole "I'm picking three deaths over two" thing. The whole point is if she's paired with a mafia, something she herself hinted at and not uncommon to happen, then it's better that we lynch her. As Clusiana and I have both attested to, a town/mafia lover pair is not an odd suggestion at all and has actually happened enough to have to be considered. I find it kinda weird how quick you are to brush it aside.

And here's where your math is wrong. Terribly, terribly wrong. There's a chance that the Mafia might not target our Lover. They might want to make us lynch them, because they think they can convince us that one of them is Mafia. They might think they'll get Doctor protection. My way, there's at least a fighting chance for 1 guaranteed Townie and 1 almost but not quite guaranteed Townie, and the WIFOM has a chance to prevent anyone from dying (save for the alternate lynch, if we go with you like I think we should, but I'm 65% confident that you're Mafia anyways so that doesn't really matter). Your way, we kill both of them and probably lose 2 Townies, then leave an open kill for the Mafia to use, with no WIFOM for protection.

Yes let's all rely on WIFOM, no way that could go wrong. Not like Clusiana hasn't already explained why not to do that. Lynching Lovandra and her lover right now is the safest because it removes any wifom, if they're both town then you can always lynch me tomorrow. Also 65% confidence isn't exactly high. :/

Clearly, mine's the better alternative. I really fail to understand how yours would be better in any likely circumstance. For one second, stop arguing that one of the lover members is Mafia. Because we can't prove it right now, and it'd be really, really stupid to try.

No it isn't, and we're not going to stop arguing what is a likely possibility. Just because we can't prove it doesn't mean we should ignore the possibility. That's actually a really scummy thing to say.

Because seriously this whole Mafia/Town lovers/masons thing has happened like twice. Ever. And I was the Mafia side during one of them, so I should know. That's not easy to pull off, and we'd be looking at a Mafia team with an extra member if it did actually happen.

Yes because you're such a war room veteran compared to me and Clusiana. I've seen it happen at least four times on this site (once with three members one mafia) and a couple more on mariowiki and 3dsforums.

tbh in a lover pair at least one is town so why would you lynch a basically confirmed town member

Only one of them could be mafia as I'm constantly saying so yeah. In order to kill that mafioso the other has to die. Also this has been explained over and over again:

Mijzelffan said:
That gives us three scenarios. 1. Lovandra is lovered to another town, both will most likely get nightkilled night 1 because the mafia likes getting two kills for the price of one. 2. Lovandra is town lovered to mafia, in which case we'll miss out on lynching mafia. 3. Lovandra is completely lying about being a lover to save herself, which most likely means she's mafia considering as a townie there's not really a point to lying about a role that will get you nightkilled for sure.

assuming they're gonna get nightkilled anyway (unless you want to invoke WIFOM) there isn't much to lose from lynching them.

Last edited:

I have a lot to say but I'll keep it short and say that Momoka's use of meta is the most terrible use of meta I have ever seen, and the point about lovandra claim is that it's such a vague mess that it's so unclear so why trust it at all? And with whatever they already said about it, they could have just claimed in full. I also understand Mijzelffan completely, so yeah I'm keeping my vote on lovandra.

Oh wow such a big discussion Day 1.
Unvote Oswin

I think Clusiana makes some good points and Mijz is more being harsh than scummy imo. Putting himself out there so much this early is foolish if he was mafia, and he's quite experienced so I'd say it's unlikely.

If we tie up the votes, we will most likely have to deal with the same debate tomorrow because mafia leaving her alone puts our attention on her rather than one of them, effectively giving a free kill. Tying up for now but the way I see it is no vote: mostly pointless but safe, mijz: losing a town and having to deal with lovandra suspicion tomorrow, and voting lovandra: most suspicious so far imo (bar gliscorman maybe), quite possibly still innocent though.

Vote: lovandra
Why do you say Mijz is town but nothing on lovandra's alliance?

Clusiana and HumanDawn's posts, combined with Mijz' make a lot of sense to me. He's not confirmed town by any means but the way he's acting makes him seem very un-mafia imo. My vote still stands, making this still a tie I think. I'd rather no vote than lynching someone who appears likely to be town from how he put himself out there with lovandra day one (saying lovandra would be a great mafia target if lover, which isn't something mafia would be likely to say so early mainly). I'm unsure with lovandra since voting or not voting from them can ack-fire either way and we don't really have enough info I guess.

Sorry for the delay.

Votes locked. Update pending.

Urhhh missed before I could vote. Sorry guys, I was watching the World Cup :/

Re: Collapse [Mature] - Chapter Two (N1): A Night Made in Ambivalence (6/14/14)

Mijzelffan: 5 (GliscorMan, Momoka, Forgotten, Zexy, MarioMiner)
lovandra: 5 (Mijzelffan, Shiny Ditto, HumanDawn, Clusiana, Synthesis)
Oswin: 1 (lovandra)
GliscorMan: 1 (Froakie)
Forgotten: 1 (Soulmaster)
Elysion: 1 (Xolw)
Zexy: 1 (Oswin)
Rabbit: 1 (Elysion)

1.) @Forgotten;
2.) @lovandra;
3.) @HumanDawn;
4.) @Froakie;
5.) @Clusiana;
6.) @Shiny Ditto;
7.) @Soulmaster;
8.) @FinalArcadia;
9.) @Xolw;
10.) @Rabbit;
11.) @Elysion;
12.) @Mijzelffan;
13.) @Oswin;
14.) @CrackFox;
15.) @Zexy;
16.) @MarioMiner;
17.) @sharkshocker;
18.) @Synthesis;
19.) @GliscorMan;
20.) @Momoka;

The town of Swell gathered at its center, compacted closer than they had been upon my previous announcement.

“Kill the killer?” a young woman holding a child’s hand questioned. “But there are children here, and mothers and fathers! We cannot just resort to violence!”

“She’s right,” another man replied. “I also have a family to tend to in the evening, so I can’t stand here all fucking day and night!” The man was obviously disgruntled.

“No, you are all correct,” I began. “And those were not my intentions! There will be no violence, I assure you! No one will die! We will merely choose democratically who to check, and at that point we will lock up the men who have done this, and dismiss those who haven’t! This will be easy!”

Little did I know at that moment. Little did I know that that was not the case. Little did I know that those who had harmed Swell had planned to do it again. That as soon as we had all parted ways until the sun broke over the mountains the next morning that nothing would be the same.

Little did we all know of not just who, but what lurked in the dark.

33nc0oy.png

----------​

Chapter One (D1) has ended. It is now Chapter 2 (N1): A Night Made in Ambivalence.

This Chapter will end Sunday, June 15, at 8:00pm EST. Please take your time with your Night Actions, but if they are not submitted by the deadline, I will not extend the time.

Thank you!

No Lynch... if this ends up like Gundam SEED, I'll have no words :)

Well that's at least better than a mislynch I guess, the cop can check someone tonight at least, the doctor can wifom it up with Lovandra. There are still members of the mafia out there, but who could they be?

NL usually annoy me but since I didn't want Mijz to die and lynching lovandra may have lead to two town deaths, I'm actually OK with it. As I always say, whoever has what roles, use them as you see fit, don't be influenced by what people in thread say.

I have a lot to say but I'll keep it short and say that Momoka's use of meta is the most terrible use of meta I have ever seen,
Omg I only mentioned the meta like once in my post and I stopped using it after that wtf my main point was how he didn't mention it being a joke

But still, a NL isn't bringing us new information. Since there was no closure on the situation whatsoever I bet anything that this whole discussion will be brought back up on Day 2, leading us right back to square one.

Omg I only mentioned the meta like once in my post and I stopped using it after that wtf my main point was how he didn't mention it being a joke

But still, a NL isn't bringing us new information. Since there was no closure on the situation whatsoever I bet anything that this whole discussion will be brought back up on Day 2, leading us right back to square one.

I'm sure the cop has quite a few suspicions after all this which they could put to good use in their checks, so it's not entirely useless. Lovandra could elaborate on her claim in the meantime too, since that was an issue for a lot of people. As long as you're actively looking for mafia you're bound to find them soon enough. Or so I hope at least.

what's the flavour text talking about when it quotes "kill the killer"? That may be important surely?

They want to kill the killer; Mr. Archaic B. G.'s killer.

Yeah, kill the killer pretty much translates to lynch the mafia for me.

Ah I thought it might have meant someone we were going to lynch was in fact the mafia

For some reason I have a strong feeling the godfather's gonna be sending my name to beck tonight, though of course it's likely they'll just try to lynch me again tomorrow. Anyway, @lovandra; could you maybe elaborate on your role now, a lot of people didn't think you were very clear with your claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom