• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Collapse [Mature] - ENDGAME (7/1/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Collapse [Mature] - Chapter Seven (D4): Man Down! (6/24/14)

w HOOPS I CAME BACK HOME REALLY LATE FOR THIS UHH

All righty!

Vote: Rabbit

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've gathered, Rabbit is the last one left who could've been inactive enough to not send in a kill which is what (I think? As far as it sounds like) happened a couple phases back. Considering it's not me, and Soul's dead (and pretty much confirmed to have stabbed someone), he's the last mostly-inactive.

That's why my vote's going for you, @Rabbit;. It isn't much, but in light of the Cop's death, and a lack of leads/activity otherwise, I think it's our best option.

I don't think the inactivity is a good reason at all, it's a farfetch'd theory but admittedly possible. I think there are better reasons for the lynch. I do agree regarding your last sentence though.

Hm. 1: Reading the FT, it practically says that Oswin was eliminated by the Serial Killer.

Does this sound like the appearance and behavior of a hitman, or an insane murderer?

I've read the FT multiple times and never got such an impression. The fact Rabbit claimed that it was the Serial Killer as a fact shows that he knew more about the Mafia Nightkill than everybody else.

With that said, whoever was protected, it seems clear that you have an important ability(from the FT which I'm not going out of my way to quote, and what Shiny Ditto said afterward), and you will be targeted again, so if you have any case to make, I suggest that you PM it to someone.

Again, nothing in the FT gives the impression the Mafia targeted somebody with an important ability. If he was going to bring it up in the first place he should have quoted the FT as well to prove how they targeted somebody with an important ability, especially when you say it's "clear". (and if it was so clear, then why not go out of your way to quote?).

You suddenly changed votes without explanation, I assume Froakie contacted you? Did she claim? If so, what?

So he just jumped on the bandwagon without explanation, and dropped his case against Froakie? You're right, that's not sudden, it's suspicious.

His attempt on trying to put suspicion on me from nothing rubbed me the wrong way. He tried making my unvote on her suspicious on the off chance she did claim to me and we contacted each other, and then tried painting me in a suspicious light for not giving any explanation for voting Soulmaster despite the fact Mijzelffan gave some good reasoning as to why.

VOTE: Rabbit

Hm. 1: Reading the FT, it practically says that Oswin was eliminated by the Serial Killer.

Does this sound like the appearance and behavior of a hitman, or an insane murderer?

I've read the FT multiple times and never got such an impression. The fact Rabbit claimed that it was the Serial Killer as a fact shows that he knew more about the Mafia Nightkill than everybody else.
...Ok. People can interpret things differently. However, I was not claiming it as a fact, I was simply stating that my reading of the FT pointed in that direction. Also, my post referenced the parts that I had in mind, which you have conveniently removed in your quoting it?

With that said, whoever was protected, it seems clear that you have an important ability(from the FT which I'm not going out of my way to quote, and what Shiny Ditto said afterward), and you will be targeted again, so if you have any case to make, I suggest that you PM it to someone.

Again, nothing in the FT gives the impression the Mafia targeted somebody with an important ability. If he was going to bring it up in the first place he should have quoted the FT as well to prove how they targeted somebody with an important ability, especially when you say it's "clear". (and if it was so clear, then why not go out of your way to quote?).

I'll quote them here, then.
. He placed his head up against the glass. “This is it! Jackpot!” he squealed.

And I got one of the most important reports the mafia needs...

Oh, and look at the time difference between Human's post and this response. Setting up posts this big is a pain, and I simply got tired of going back and forth and editing for quotes.

You suddenly changed votes without explanation, I assume Froakie contacted you? Did she claim? If so, what?

So he just jumped on the bandwagon without explanation, and dropped his case against Froakie? You're right, that's not sudden, it's suspicious.

His attempt on trying to put suspicion on me from nothing rubbed me the wrong way. He tried making my unvote on her suspicious on the off chance she did claim to me and we contacted each other, and then tried painting me in a suspicious light for not giving any explanation for voting Soulmaster despite the fact Mijzelffan gave some good reasoning as to why.
Out of context. After I made that first post quoted, Mijzelffan said this...
And 3:
UNVOTE: Froakie
VOTE: Soulmaster

He changed his vote after me and Elysion, that's not very sudden.
...which sounded like his defense of Human amounted to "But others did it!", and I was pointing out that that would be rather weak reasoning. Dropping your vote on a player where you had actual reasoning behind it to play "Follow the leader" is suspicious, no?
Oh, and I didn't actually suspect you, but since you never answered my question, and now this...

VOTE: Rabbit
Vote:HumanDawn

Because I've been unavailable, I'll extend the voting to 12:00pm EST. Three more hours.

...Ok. People can interpret things differently. However, I was not claiming it as a fact, I was simply stating that my reading of the FT pointed in that direction. Also, my post referenced the parts that I had in mind, which you have conveniently removed in your quoting it?

You can interpret things differently but then you can't interpret something that is impossible to interpret as Town. You said it was practically why, which I guess is close enough to saying it as a fact. It didn't make sense in that direction. When I quoted your post it was removed automatically, and I don't know about the parts but it still didn't make it out as a Serial Killer kill.

It sounded more like as if they went somewhere to steal something, which fits saying that more. It's a really huge leap.

...which sounded like his defense of Human amounted to "But others did it!", and I was pointing out that that would be rather weak reasoning. Dropping your vote on a player where you had actual reasoning behind it to play "Follow the leader" is suspicious, no?
Oh, and I didn't actually suspect you, but since you never answered my question, and now this...

I guess that was part of it considering what Elysion and Mijzelffan did, but it wasn't big. That's true it's weak, but instead of only asking me you tried labelling me as suspicious immediately. I had reason to unvote Froakie and reason to vote Soulmaster. The leader knows everything, and if they say going after Froakie isn't a good move, then I'd rather not keep the vote and be anti-Town and go after somebody I also had reason to go after. They ended up flipping up to be the Serial Killer who could have really hurt the Town.

Also I already answered you http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f362/co...own-6-24-14-a-166500/index18.html#post5289713

Okay, since I think this would result in some back and forth, could you maybe provide a list of reads?

You can interpret things differently but then you can't interpret something that is impossible to interpret as Town. You said it was practically why, which I guess is close enough to saying it as a fact. It didn't make sense in that direction. When I quoted your post it was removed automatically, and I don't know about the parts but it still didn't make it out as a Serial Killer kill.
...Huh. Having checked, that does happen for whatever reason. Anyway, I'll just repost the parts in question here, in case anyone's interested. Human, perhaps you could clarify how you read them?
He clearly hadn’t eaten in days.

the man wielding the weapon began to cry hysterically.

“I’m so sorry, Blondie,” he screeched. “I love you. I love you.” The man then thrust the knife deeper. The man wept as he lay over Rodney’s dead body. “I didn’t mean to hurt you.” He began to stroke Rodney’s blonde curly hair. He then made quickly with cleaning up his mess, bagging Rodney into large black garbage bags. The hysteric man(Emphasis added) placed the garbage bags on the stoop of a large home residing on the corner of one of Swell’s busiest streets, then rung the door well as he fled for the shadows.

It sounded more like as if they went somewhere to steal something, which fits saying that more. It's a really huge leap.

one of the most important reports the mafia needs...

I guess that was part of it considering what Elysion and Mijzelffan did, but it wasn't big. That's true it's weak, but instead of only asking me you tried labelling me as suspicious immediately. I had reason to unvote Froakie and reason to vote Soulmaster. The leader knows everything, and if they say going after Froakie isn't a good move, then I'd rather not keep the vote and be anti-Town and go after somebody I also had reason to go after. They ended up flipping up to be the Serial Killer who could have really hurt the Town.

Also I already answered you http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f362/co...own-6-24-14-a-166500/index18.html#post5289713
Fair enough, although I will repeat that I wasn't labeling you. I was pointing out that what Mijz said would actually make you suspicious, not claiming that you actually were.

Okay, since I think this would result in some back and forth, could you maybe provide a list of reads?
Hm. Well as of now:
Also, you say this:
The mafia honestly is so daft I wonder if they even read the thread, maybe they are all like shiny ditto in that they hardly contribute anything to the main discussions.
If I understand you correctly, you're saying that it's stupid for the Mafia to not participate in discussions...

You're not understanding correctly, I'm saying the mafia is stupid and that because of that they're likely not reading the thread well enough.
Mijz claims that the Mafia is acting stupid, in the same post where he denied that the Serial Killer had acted. It's true that it was stupid for the Mafia not to place a kill, but nobody knew that they hadn't until the end of that phase. What was Mijz referring to, then? The killing of Oswin? If so, why exactly would it be that stupid to kill him? It sounds like Mijz knew more about what the Mafia did and didn't do then he should with what the Town knew...
So, if anything, FoS: Mijzelffan
At this rate, I'm going to die, but I've said my piece. Once I flip Town, it should be worth considering~

...Huh. Having checked, that does happen for whatever reason. Anyway, I'll just repost the parts in question here, in case anyone's interested. Human, perhaps you could clarify how you read them?

Somebody went to kill Oswin, and I assumed it was the Mafia kill since it's the first kill.

I don't think somebody would ever say something like "Jackpot!" when killing somebody...

Fair enough, although I will repeat that I wasn't labeling you. I was pointing out that what Mijz said would actually make you suspicious, not claiming that you actually were.

Well, you said "it's suspicious.", so it does paint me in a suspicious light if that makes sense.

Mijz claims that the Mafia is acting stupid, in the same post where he denied that the Serial Killer had acted. It's true that it was stupid for the Mafia not to place a kill, but nobody knew that they hadn't until the end of that phase. What was Mijz referring to, then? The killing of Oswin? If so, why exactly would it be that stupid to kill him? It sounds like Mijz knew more about what the Mafia did and didn't do then he should with what the Town knew...

Actually the Mafia could have still put a kill in and it just failed. A Doctor hasn't died in this game yet, they could have deflected the kill, or it could have been something else. I think he meant that it was stupid to kill him because of how inactive he was in thread but I'm not sure.

...It seems quoting someone deletes any quotes they made in that post...
Somebody went to kill Oswin, and I assumed it was the Mafia kill since it's the first kill.
Ok, but that doesn't answer my question. You said that there's nothing in there to suggest a Serial Killer. How would you read the parts I quoted, then?

I don't think somebody would ever say something like "Jackpot!" when killing somebody...
...Huh? That part wasn't related to anything that had to do with a kill?

Actually the Mafia could have still put a kill in and it just failed. A Doctor hasn't died in this game yet, they could have deflected the kill, or it could have been something else. I think he meant that it was stupid to kill him because of how inactive he was in thread but I'm not sure.
But when something like that happens, it's been hinted in the FT in games where that's a lot less important than this one?

Last edited:

Hm. Well as of now:
Also, you say this:
The mafia honestly is so daft I wonder if they even read the thread, maybe they are all like shiny ditto in that they hardly contribute anything to the main discussions.
If I understand you correctly, you're saying that it's stupid for the Mafia to not participate in discussions...

You're not understanding correctly, I'm saying the mafia is stupid and that because of that they're likely not reading the thread well enough.
At this rate, I'm going to die, but I've said my piece. Once I flip Town, it should be worth considering~

I've been calling the mafia stupid throughout the entire game in case you hadn't noticed (probably not considering how inactive you've been), it's some sort of nightkill psychology thing that probably has no actual effect but whatever. The serial killer thing was you reading a flavour text and going "oh my god the flavour text is 100% truth there is a serial killer you guys" and me saying that's bullshit because the flavour text claims stuff like people dying by being silenced and that that's no proof for a serial killer. The extra kills were also easily explained by the granny bodyguard role that would kill itself + mafia that visited it, shiny ditto was rolecop, put two and two together. That's not me having more information than you that me drawing conclusions from existing information better than you.

Ok, but that doesn't answer my question. You said that there's nothing in there to suggest a Serial Killer. How would you read the parts I quoted, then?

That it looked like a normal kill which should make anyone instantly assume it was the Mafia's target.

I think you used it as proof the Mafia targeted somebody with a strong power role, having to do with the Jackpot part.

But when something like that happens, it's been hinted in the FT in games where that's a lot less important than this one?

It isn't hinted at if no other kills are made in the night.

Hm. Well as of now:
Also, you say this:

I've been calling the mafia stupid throughout the entire game in case you hadn't noticed (probably not considering how inactive you've been), it's some sort of nightkill psychology thing that probably has no actual effect but whatever. The serial killer thing was you reading a flavour text and going "oh my god the flavour text is 100% truth there is a serial killer you guys" and me saying that's bullshit because the flavour text claims stuff like people dying by being silenced and that that's no proof for a serial killer. The extra kills were also easily explained by the granny bodyguard role that would kill itself + mafia that visited it, shiny ditto was rolecop, put two and two together. That's not me having more information than you that me drawing conclusions from existing information better than you.
...What.
"oh my god the flavour text is 100% truth"
...I never said it was undeniable, just heavily implied. Allow me to remind you of something:
But, then, what do these quirks, abilities and features do? What do they mean? Within the story, which I hope to be expansive and in-depth, these attributes may be referenced. Each scene may depict a certain character involved in a certain way. Potentially to the point where a role can be revealed not necessarily by the role’s function, but by these flavor characteristics. Who knows what will happen?
Roles may be mentioned in Scenes, so pay attention to the plot, as well as context clues for information regarding roles in the game.
Continuing on:
because the flavour text claims stuff like people dying by being silenced
No it doesn't. That is in the declaration of the person's death, and I doubt anybody thinks that means anything. I certainly don't, and never did. The parts I was referring to have been quoted repeatedly. Maybe try actually reading my posts?
The extra kills were also easily explained by the granny bodyguard role that would kill itself + mafia that visited it, shiny ditto was rolecop, put two and two together.
...That has nothing to do with what I said. All you've been doing is twisting my words when you're not putting them in my mouth.
Unvote: HumanDawn Vote: Mijzelffan

Edit:
That it looked like a normal kill which should make anyone instantly assume it was the Mafia's target.
Ok.

I think you used it as proof the Mafia targeted somebody with a strong power role, having to do with the Jackpot part.
I did, but It's been outright stated that was a check, not a kill. On that note...
...doesn't necessarily mean it's a really strong role, just one that will benefit the Mafia. like the Beloved, or a Bomb they can arrange to be mislynched.
It isn't hinted at if no other kills are made in the night.

I've seen otherwise.

Last edited:

Voting locked. Update pending.

Thank you, everyone, for your continued patience and participation.

Collapse [ Mature] - Chapter Eight (N4): As Beauty Fades Fast (6/25/14)

Rabbit: 3 (GliscorMan, Froakie, HumanDawn)
Mijzelffan: 1 (Rabbit)

3.) @HumanDawn;
4.) @Froakie;
5.) @jokool;
8.) @FinalArcadia;
9.) @GliscorMan;
10.) @Rabbit;
11.) @Elysion;
12.) @Mijzelffan;
16.) @MarioMiner;
18.) @Synthesis;
20.) @Momoka;

Swell moved swiftly. No time to be wasted. They grabbed the young woman and hung her without hesitation.

Several members of the crowd burst into tears. Another innocent. What was to become of Swell now?

Beck said:
Dear Rabbit,

Thank you for choosing Mafia: Collapse!

Without further ado, welcome to the town of Swell! Swell is full of many different characters, all of whom are unique. Throughout this game you will be given the opportunity to play as one of these many characters!

But you need your character, correct?! Yes! You shall be Shayna B. Deprisco! A beautiful name, indeed! You are a Citizen. You are aligned with The Town.

aoqiiq.png

Win Condition:

• You Win when all other Factions have been eliminated.

Abilities:

• You can Vote during the Day Phase.
• You do not have a Night Action.

Background:

Miss Deprisco is a fantastically beautiful character, indeed! Although she is typically one of the more quite characters within Swell, she has a big heart and loves to make others smile. She is most often seen tending to flowers outside of her home or walking her dog, Kero. The belle of the town, she is courted by young men quite often, and she doesn’t seem to mind. Although quite reserved, I think she enjoys the attention. Her overprotective brother, however, does not enjoy the attention she gets, and has been known to step in-between his younger sister and young men overstepping the line…

She has been described as beautiful, sympathetic, and timid.

----------​

Rabbit was hung on Day Four.

Chapter Seven (D4) has ended. It is now Chapter Eight (N4): As Beauty Fades Fast.

This Chapter will end Thursday, June 26, at 8:00pm EST. Thank you!

Re: Collapse [ Mature] - Chapter Eight (N4): As Beauty Fades Fast (6/25/14)

Argh this sucks!

BUT on the other hand we only lost a vanilla

My Personal List of Potential Mafia™ is now being shortened as well...

And in a ironic twist, my death was ensured due to people being unusually inactive. Well, I've left a bit to think about~

@Beck; Wanted to give you a heads up that I'm probably not going to be as active due to the power cord on my laptop, which decided to stop working today.... :p

Typing on my wii right now, so I can still play.

@Beck; Wanted to give you a heads up that I'm probably not going to be as active due to the power cord on my laptop, which decided to stop working today.... :p

Typing on my wii right now, so I can still play.

It's no problem, thank you for letting me know. The level of activity in this particular game has been anything but spectacular, so don't sweat it.

Collapse [ Mature] - Chapter Nine (D5): Trouble (6/26/14)

3.) @HumanDawn;
4.) @Froakie;
5.) @jokool;
8.) @FinalArcadia;
9.) @GliscorMan;
11.) @Elysion;
12.) @Mijzelffan;
16.) @MarioMiner;
18.) @Synthesis;
20.) @Momoka;

The group traveled together. They were close to the end. Swell was close to the end. The collapse was now in full swing.

As the tiny mob neared the man's house they slowed their pace. One step. Two steps. They reached the door. Snickering filled the air as they knocked. A blonde man opened the door, his face distraught, obviously he was stressed. But stressed he was no more, as he fell to the ground covered in blood. The sound of the gun drowned out the snickering and the silence.

The group fled from the steps, back into the night.

Beck said:
Dear Froakie,

Thank you for choosing Mafia: Collapse!

Without further ado, welcome to the town of Swell! Swell is full of many different characters, all of whom are unique. Throughout this game you will be given the opportunity to play as one of these many characters!

Let’s pick you your very own character, yes? Now… Ah! You shall be Dr. Andrew Jameson! You are the Doctor. You are aligned with The Town.

5oaxbl.png

Win Condition:

• You Win when all other Factions have been eliminated.

Abilities:

• You can Vote during the Day Phase.
• Each Night Phase, you may PM the GM the username of a player that you would like to Protect.
• The selected player will be protected from all Night Phase attacks.

Background:

Andrew, Andrew, Andrew. Let’s see… Well, Andrew has always been driven, but I would argue that he may not have succeeded as he did, that being one of the few to leave Swell for school, if it were not for his pressing parents. Unlike Andrew’s younger brother, Andrew left Swell to become a doctor. And, like most who leave Swell, he returned to fill the role of the town doctor. That is, Dr. Jameson. But the time and effort placed into taking care of Swell places an obvious burden on the young man; I mean, just look at him. He never leaves his office without those bags, and I’m not talking about his medical equipment.

He has been described as unorganized, awkward, and motivated.

----------​

LYLO is now in effect.

Froakie was put under on Night Four.

Chapter Eight (N4) has ended. It is now Chapter Nine (D5): Trouble.

Because I'm about to leave for the weekend, and because this phase is so critical, this Chapter will end Monday, June 30, at 12:00pm EST. Thank you!

Re: Collapse [ Mature] - Chapter Nine (D5): Trouble (6/26/14)

Well, shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom