• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Collector's Editions

Aulos

Sappho's Friend
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
What is your opinion on collector's editions? Are you adamant about getting them, do you only get them from time to time, or do you never bother with them? Do you even like the idea of them existing?

I've never gotten any before but would definitely like to! I usually love all the cool things that come with them, especially things like artbooks and keychains/straps. sadly my partner and I will be moving countries every few years for a while since he works a contract-based job, so I can't really buy many. means more stuff to move around, and we have a lot to pack as is ;_; one of these days I'll find that perfect collector's edition for me that I'll buy and take with me tho <3

...I have bought the ffxiv digital collector's edition though, but that's digital so it's a bit different. came with some cool glamour items, mounts, and minions among other things!

I don't go out of my way to get them, I remember only five times where I did get them cause of the goodies; Pokemon Platinum w/ a Giratina figure and DS pouch (had Giratina and Shaymin on it), Pokemon HGSS w/ a Lugia and Ho-Oh figure plus Pokewalker jackets, Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition w/ the artbook and 3DS pouch (also had all three routes in one cart), Fire Emblem Echoes Limited Edition w/ sound selection CD/artbook/character pin set, and Fire Emblem Three Houses Seasons of Warfare Edition w/ sound selection CD/2020 calendar/artbook specifically got this one from GameStop since they exclusively did the pin set of the houses (also available for the regular version as well). For the two Pokemon games I got them in-store at the time (Walmart and Target to be specific), and for the three FE games online with in-store pick up for Three Houses.

Otherwise most other collector's versions don't really interest me much, I don't mind getting just the game since sometimes collector's editions can be too expensive (especially depending on the month they go up).

• Staff
I don't think I've ever gotten a collector's edition in my entire life. Not even when I had money. $60 is already such an expensive price for a game for me. You take it up anymore than that it feels way too excessive for me to spend on such a thing. Plus, the only bonuses I care about are OSTs. I don't really care about the rest.

I don't usually even think of getting a collector's edition, because you know how expensive they are...
I'm not into keychains or little statues. The only ones that actually get my attention are the ones with artbooks or illustrated guidebooks, but I've never bought one.
Now that I think of it I got some "special edition" of a pokémon game that came with a little box.
I only bought it cause it was on a really nice sale but now... I kind of regret it cause it's just on the shelf collecting dust :/

I only have two physical game Collector's Editions sets myself, but I would collect any for series I like that have soundtrack CDs, art books, posters, or any unique collectible goodies.

One of the Collector's Editions that I own is the Divinity Anthology collection, which contains the first three released games in Larian Studios' Divinity series - Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, and Divinity II: Developer's Cut (which is the latest version of Divinity II: Ego Draconis with the Flames of Vengeance expansion pack and a new feature to input cheat codes in the Developer's Cut edition) - two soundtrack CDs, one which contained rare scores that did not make it into any of the games in the collection (some which were used in later games in the series, though); a Developer's Journal book written by the game studio's founder himself, Swen Vincke, that details the history of Larian Studios and the development of the Divinity series up to that point (2002-2012), with art work pictures for the series; two two-sided posters; a set of stickers; and Steam unlock codes for all games and unlockable items for the then-upcoming games, Divinity: Dragon Commander and Divinity: Original Sin. This is what I call a Collector's Edition.

The other Collector's Edition set that I own is the Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Limited Edition set, which contains the game in a regular 3DS box with a reversible cover for the both the 3DS remake and the original cover art of the Super Famicom version, a soundtrack CD, an art book, and three character pins.

Both of these collections I didn't get until after they were released. I was lucky to find SoV: Limited Edition at the local Retro Game Trader that I was willing to pay $59 for in its condition, and I bought the Divinity Anthology on Amazon a few years ago at a steal price of only $6.99 (plus shipping).

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom