• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Colosseum or XD?

Which is better?

• Colosseum

Votes: 44 56.4%
  • XD

Votes: 34 43.6%

• Total voters
I prefer XD because of the story and the pokemon in it. I really didn't like Michael though. I thought Wes was a better character.

While I do like both, I prefer Gale of Darkness due to how I like the Pokemon I can get early in the game, the Elemental Punches Electabuzz, has more of my favorite Pokemon compared to Colosseum, and the ability to save on the fly.

i prefer XD:GoD over Colo (which i am currently playing) and i find the XD was easier, tho good enough to play over again 3 times (forced to, data corrupted twice). But i do agree, Wes is a bit of a better choice in character, as he's actually something of a apology from GameFreak (or whoever) since they know we ALL aren't 10yr olds :/

I like them both, but I'd have to go with Colosseum just because I love the main character. He's not a 10 year old boy. <3

Coloseum.
Because this:
pokcol_021704_x9_640w.jpg

bike.jpg
is much more badass than... Well, i can't find a good image of the Michael's transportation but the bike that Wes rides is totally badass.

Coloseum.
Because this:
pokcol_021704_x9_640w.jpg

bike.jpg
is much more badass than... Well, i can't find a good image of the Michael's transportation but the bike that Wes rides is totally badass.

This. Wes is a better characthe, he has a deeper background compared to Michael.

Still, XD has better features. Hands down.

I'm going to be totally biased (because I have never played XD) and say Colosseum. I tried it during my little vacation from Pokemon, and I loved it. It was the game that relit the passion for the series. I didn't play XD because it made the purification thing seem too complex, but I loved Colosseum.

I've got to say Colosseum, mainly because I never played XD (and can't find a copy of it anywhere!)

But I really liked Wes in Colo and it had one of my favourite villains from the Pokemon games. Cipher Admin Ein, who created the Shadow Pokemon.

I love both games the same. The story lines were great, characters were great (I do prefer Wes, though), and the concept of making you choose pokemon you wouldn't normally use is a great idea. So, if there were a "both" option, I would choose that.

These also happen to be my favorite spin-off games, so I really can't choose between them.

Yes, I have played both, and I have to go with Colosseum. One of my biggest reasons is because of the Under. I absolutely loved that place, and was so disappointed when I heard that it was removed for XD.

Also, the Cipher Admins were much better in Colosseum, I thought. In fact, the entire cast of characters were. Of course I'll pick Wes over Michael. Who wouldn't?

Third reason would be the soundtrack. While I do like XD's soundtrack a lot, I thought Colosseum's (Cipher Admin Battle theme, anyone?) was more fitting and epic.

Hm, I actually disliked both, but Colosseum was more palatable. Probably because XD just felt like a clone of Colosseum, which made the plot seem even more boring than before. But to each their own.

Both were great games, but Colosseum blows XD out of the water, despite lacking all the new features. I think the Purification Chamber removed the true feel of Colosseum and made the game way too easy, as well. Colosseum is one of the most challenging games in the series, and it's one game that truly makes you grow attached to your Pokémon, and XD got rid of all that.

I also prefer the Colosseum characters, but XD had great characters as it is. So yeah... as a game, XD is definitely better. However, I personally prefer Colosseum.

XD is, in every way, a superior game, mainly because it removed some of Colosseum's biggest flaws. Purifying Pokémon is too time consuming? Here's a purify chamber that does the work for you! Hate having to save at a PC every single time? Now you can save anywhere! Missed a Shadow Pokémon? Miror B. will be waiting for you!
Not to mention that XD is more aesthetically appealing. Colosseum's designs were a bit too rigid; XD's were more whimsical and freewheeling. And there were the extraordinarily underappreciated Battle CDs and Battle Bingo. The former made you actually think (beyond "Should I leave Charizard in or switch?", I mean) while battling in-game, which I'm pretty sure is a first for the franchise on the whole.

I never played either of those games, but my cousin does have Colosseum. I'd go with Colosseum (because you can get the Johto starters in Gen III).

No actually you get their second evolution.

I would go with Colosseum because if you snag a trainer's shadow pokemon and you lose, you still get to keep the shadow pokemon. (Makes it alot easier) And in XD, you can catch alot of shadows pokemon and a few wild pokemon, but if you snag a trainer's pokemon and lose, you don't take your snagged pokemon with you. :(

While XD did lose some of the edginess that Colo had, I thought it was an overall better game.

-Option to choose an Eeveelution
-Chobin being a funny guy
-Battle Sims
-BATTLE BINGO

Oh god I love Battle Bingo so much. Whenever I play XD the first thing I do is go to play Battle Bingo. xD

Even if XD did lose my favorite location from Orre, which was The Under. :C

I'd post more but my knowledge of Colo/XD is kind of lacking right now because I haven't played through either of them to the end of the main game since I first got them when they came out.

GhostofLavender said:
Of course I'll pick Wes over Michael. Who wouldn't?

I wouldn't. :< I think Michael's adorable, and I'm sad that he's so underrated like this. I prefer XD just for Mike alone. That, and Miror B. wears an open shirt/jacket. Excuse me while I swoon.

Since I never played XD, I voted for Colosseum. Of all the Pokemon games I have played, it was no doubt the hardest one to complete. I actually didn't finish it. I gave it to my siblings and they finished it :p But I got pretty close (I think I got to the last battle or something, plus I almost finished the 100 battles).

It had a very engaging story, and I wish Game Freak would make another one in the near future.

Colosseum is what brought me back to Pokemon after leaving it to be "cool", so in my eyes, it is like my first game. Because my Plusle and Typhlosion both came from it, so I love it mostly for nostalgia.
But it also had a much sweeter storyline and the characters seemed more vivid. So, I instantly went with Colosseum.
(I still like XD, just nowhere near as much)

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom