• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Colosseum vs. XD

XD has a longer storyline, more Pokes and the 3 Johto starters with Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon, and Blast Burn respectively.

Although Colloseum has a nice place in my heart, you'll probably want XD. ;D

EDIT: Pokemon "Smiley Face": Gale of Darkness! ;D

Colloseum has better battle music but both games have bad graphics. And the slow battles is probably a reason for the good music.

Well, Colosseum has a slightly darker storyline (very, very slightly), and presents more of a challenge than XD does. Colloseum also gets very tedious, lacking the purification chamber which makes XD much easier. However, Colloseum gives you something for purifying everything, beating Mt. Battle, etc.: the MATTLE Ho-oh. XD does get you Lugia, but when you actually purify everything, you get squat. ;_;

So...easy, or hard? :p

colloseum

I really like XD, but it has enormous level jumps at mount battle between zones. coloseum is way eisier to get loads of amazing pokemon. YOU MUST CATCH VIBRAVA!!!! it evolves into flygon, and I like skarmory, so snag it too. when you have them in their 50's, you should be training at area 6-7. when they pass sixty, you can start going up the mountain, and you should be able to battle the last dude when they are in their 70's, since he only has 60's.
...... I think i said too much. first, you have to get colloseum, otherwise i have wasted the last 10 minutes of my life... =)

It's really just personal preference:

Colosseum:
- 48 Shadow Pokemon (including Entei, Suicune, and Raikou)
- 'Other' Pokemon include: Espeon, Umbreon, Plusle, and Ho-oh

XD:
- 163 Pokemon total (Plus more if you continue catching the Wild Pokemon)
- Begin with one Eevee, allowing you to decide which Eeveelution you want
- Legendaries include: Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, and Lugia

That's only hitting the nail on the head though. Personally, I prefer XD more. Besides the evident increase in the Pokemon obainable, Purification has become significantly less troublesome than was in Colosseum. Yeah...

I played XD first and it's definitely the easiest of the two. I found it very addicting on the first play through (two days straight I managed.. lol), but I do prefer Colosseum just because I liked the protaganist for once not being a 10 year old kid. Plus his Tifa-esque* style stalker amused me to no end.

Story wise Colosseum is the better choice.
Gameplay wise XD, unless you prefer it to be more difficult. XD was easy battle wise in the beginning, whereas Colosseum I tend to spend a good while in Mt Battle training, I just have to :S
XD if you want a much better choice of Pokemon
Colosseum you start with Espeon and Umbreon. That's a plus for me *shrug*

*don't ask, let the youtube link on my sig do the talking XD

edit: this topic is old, who bumped it.. I knew it seemed familiar. *checks* milkdrinker, shame on you! tut

I like them both, but I think XD had a better selection of shadow Pokemon, so it was easier to build a solid team then in Colo. It was also fun getting Eevee and being able to pick between the different evos.

I think XD was more serious then Colo aswell. Colo was a rather silly game at times, not as to say that's a bad thing, because the creators of Pokemon do well with making games funny.

On the other hand, Colo had a more complex and deeper plot, despite less locations, it had a more mysterious feel, and yes, it was slightly darker then XD. With both of these games however, I feel open to call them the most violent Pokemon games, which isn't really saying much.

Last edited:
me too I would have to say XD if you want a long story, hoenn pokemon, and a lugia
Coloseum is if you want Ho oh, johto pokemon, and a short story.
In xd you get and eevee in coloseum you get an espeon and umbreon

I would prefer XD and you might too

lol, I don't think what I'm gonna say now is usefull anymore, because this topic started a year ago. But I would say Colosseum. It has a cooler Starring. A WAY better plot. Seriously. Cooler music too, and nicer admins. XD has the cool battle bingo and battle sim feature, and it has Bonsly too. My point: First buy Colosseum, and then XD. But colosseum is more fun

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom