• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Come Join Our Staff!

Enzap

No thoughts, head empty
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Hello all, in order to keep up with the influx of activity due to the excitement around Sword and Shield, we are taking applications to be a moderator in the following sections:
  • Current Events: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
  • Pokémon Anime and Manga
Note that applying for our Sword and Shield section also qualifies you to work in our Pokémon Video Games section as well if you so choose.

This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but it is a wonderful chance for you to give back to the site and make it a better place for all users. Your help with this would be much appreciated. It's also a great opportunity to get to know others equally invested in this site and Pokémon as well as potentially make an impact on the greater Pokémon community.

As a moderator, these would be your responsibilities:
  • Viewing threads in your section and reporting problematic posts for staff discussion
  • Discussing and acting on reports from your section through PMs, warnings, or other appropriate methods
  • Managing your section by performing tasks such as deleting posts, moving threads, and banning spambots
  • Engaging with users and responding to questions when you feel comfortable doing so
  • Participating in discussion about other sections, the forums as a whole, and off-forum projects with all other Bulbagarden staff members
Also please be aware that Bulbagarden strives to be an accepting place for everyone, including minorities and marginalized groups such as LGBT+ individuals. As such, you would be expected to uphold our values in public as a face of Bulbagarden, whether you agree with these views or not. To show that you have read this, please include a :bulbagarden: symbol at the end of your application ( : bulbagarden : without the spaces).

To apply, copy and paste the questions below as a new post in this section. Then, answer those questions thoroughly and honestly. Your thread will only be viewable by you and staff. When posting an application, please include your username and the section you are applying for in the thread title.

Example application thread titles:
Current Events: Sword and Shield - Enzap
Enzap - Anime & Manga

When we read these applications, we don't expect anyone to get every single answer completely correct. If hired, you will have a training period to allow you to learn the parts of modding that are not immediately obvious, so don't stress too much over each individual answer. We look at applications holistically and one answer that we disagree with is unlikely to disqualify you. We will be accepting applications for two weeks, until November 26th, with the possibility of an extension depending on the number of applications we receive.

Application Questions:
Application Form
Basic Information

1. What time zone are you from?

2. On average, how much time do you spend on Bulbagarden Forums per week?

3. Why do you feel you would be a good moderator?

4. Do you have any previous moderating experience?

General Questions
1. Can you provide an example of when you worked together with a team to solve a problem?

2. What qualities or skills do you think are most important to have for effective teamwork?

Moderating Questions
1. Why are you interested in moderating this particular section? Why do you think you would be good at moderating it?

2. How would you help improve the overall user experience in the section you wish to moderate?

3. A user criticizes you in public after receiving an infraction. What do you think is the appropriate reaction as a staff member?

4. Is it ever acceptable to break the rules?
Why or why not?

5. If you disagree with a forum rule that the majority of staff seem to approve of, what would you do? Why?

6. If a staff member gives you as a user an infraction that you disagree with, should you speak up or otherwise respond and why?

7. If you suspect another moderator of abusing their authority, should you report it?
Why or why not?

8. If fellow staff members are complaining or venting about one of your friends, should you tell your friend what the staff is saying?
Why or why not?

Misc Questions
1. Would you be interested in helping out in any more of the following area of Bulbagarden: Bulbapedia, Discord, Social Media, YouTube, or Staff Artist? Which ones?

2. Do you have anything else you wish to add to your application? Do it here.

Thank you very much for your time. We look forward to having you as a part of our team!

Last edited:
  • Staff
Since we realize people are probably busy playing the new games right now, we are extending the deadline for applications through another week. So please have applications in by November 26th.

I really appreciate those who have sent in applications so far. We are a site run by volunteers and we can't do it without your help! No prior experience is required, just enthusiasm for the site and a willingness to learn.

I would just like to point out something regarding Mod Applications real quick despite not being a mod myself.

I notice while looking at the Forums logout on my phone; while your applications are private when you're log in on Bulbagarden, they are not while you are logout and viewing as a Guest. Just want people to be aware just in case they put any information in there they only want to the Mods viewing the applications to be seeing, and wanted it to be pointed out so that it can be fixed as soon as it can be.

Anyways, I'm not applying for modhood myself but good luck to the people applying and I look forward to seeing our new staff members.

I would just like to point out something regarding Mod Applications real quick despite not being a mod myself.

I notice while looking at the Forums logout on my phone; while your applications are private when you're log in on Bulbagarden, they are not while you are logout and viewing as a Guest. Just want people to be aware just in case they put any information in there they only want to the Mods viewing the applications to be seeing, and wanted it to be pointed out so that it can be fixed as soon as it can be.

Anyways, I'm not applying for modhood myself but good luck to the people applying and I look forward to seeing our new staff members.
This has been fixed.

• Staff
Reminder that you only have one week left to apply! This is a great opportunity to get involved and make a positive impact on the Pokemon fandom.

• Staff
Last call for applications! Get in your app within 24 hours please! If you're on the fence about applying, I recommend you go for it! Sending an application is not commiting yourself to anything and you may surprise yourself at how well qualified you are.

• Staff
Hey all, thanks for the applications we've received so far. I know we said we were closing apps over a week ago but we due to the fairly low number of applications we received we have decided to leave it open for a while longer. We may reach out to some people we are interested before we close the subforum. We don't have a specific deadline in mind now, but if you are at all interested in joining us then please feel free to send in an app!

Back
Top Bottom