• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Comedy/Sense of humor

Hm, I like slapstick humor, improv humor, sarcastic humor, fourth wall humor, puns...but it all depends on my mood.

I have a very broad sense of humor, but I think the ones that get me splitting my sides the most is when things go horribly and comically wrong, and incredibly stupid situations played out in all seriousness, like a guy who tries to rob a bank by pulling his t-shirt over his head and wielding a palm frond (this actually happened in Deland, Florida, in 2009).

I'm not a fan of dark humor, though. People dying in a stupid situation isn't funny to me. However, people getting seriously injured in a stupid situation is hilarious.

Satirical, cynical and sarcastical humour.

My sense of humour doesn't make me popular with the people around me.

Absurdism, black comedy, farce, satire, sarcasm, rapid-fire comedy, and cringe comedy, comedic sociopathy (though there's a fine line between that and just plain being a dick) over-the-top stuff, and really, really bad puns.

Although what gets me the most is good imagery.

Last edited:
I really enjoy black comedy, TV shows like Bones that can successfully play off dark themes in a comical and vaguely sickening, yet tasteful way are my favourites. None of my friends or family really share my humour though.

I'm also really fond of profane political satire like George Carlin's comedy too. I guess overall, my sense of humour is fun and cynical.

I've been thinking about this a bit lately and I decided that if I could fit my sense of humor into specific terms, it would have to be deadpan. Like I've said before on this thread (lookey-lookey there's the post in question up there ^), I find it hilarious when people do stupid or absurd stuff and act serious while doing it.

I like to call it "squeaky gallet" comedy. Because just picture a courtroom where everybody speaks in very stilted Engrish and the gallet is replaced with a squeaky toy, and you have a good picture of my sense of humor. I guess you could call it a special kind of deadpan humor.

What do you all know about "Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!"? You all don't know Nothin

I prefer dry and intellectual humor.

Back
Top Bottom