• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Comic Movie Releases. Next movie: Kick-Ass - April 16, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
got another comic movie...and it is one I am looking forward too.

hack/slash (imdb link.)

It is sceduled to be released next year by rogue pictures...which is funny because there was a Child's play/chucky cross-over with hack/slash released this year and rogue pictures released the most recent one of the CP movies Seed of Chucky.

Ugh, I hated Seed of Chucky. It was turned into a big joke. It was as if Scary Movie were doing a take on the CP movies.

Other than the first two Batman films, it was Blade that first made comic book movies a viable commodity.

I think your forgetting the superman film, which came out in 1978, 11 years before Batman and the second which came out in 1981 (though only these two were any good (i havent seen superman 3 or 4, but i've heard their both really bad))

That didn't help make them a viable commodity, though. They were early successes, certainly, but they didn't result in a big movie boom. The 80s Batman film, at the very least, led to a bunch of not-quite-mainstream comics (Phantom, for instance).

I didn't really think of that, lol.
(i've heard of the phantom but never seen it. Is it the film with the guy who dresses up in purple?)

Yay, lol. Is it any good? If it is i'll probably end up buying it.
btw has there been any more news on the deadpool movie?
He's my fave comic book character and i'd love to see him on the big screen (providing they cast the right actor. I hope Ryan Reynolds plays him personally.)

Yay, lol. Is it any good? If it is i'll probably end up buying it.
btw has there been any more news on the deadpool movie?
He's my fave comic book character and i'd love to see him on the big screen (providing they cast the right actor. I hope Ryan Reynolds plays him personally.)

It's not bad. It's on par with the Rocketeer and the other lesser-known comic films from the time.

As for Deadpool, it's currently in developmental limbo, meaning nothing new has come out regarding it in so long that it's all but dead. But, hey, Thor was there not long ago, and now it's well on its way to being a reality.

The list lacks DC: The New Frontier which will be out on January 28.

And the fact that Frank Miller is both writing and directing Will Eisner's The Spirit makes me depressed. Very depressed. That madman shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the franchise. What makes it worse is that from Miller's comments regarding the film it seems he's going to be applying his trademark writing style of WHORES WHORES SLUTS EXTREME GODDAMN. Damn it Frank! The Dark Knight Returns was good! Where did you go wrong?!

Last edited:
It's just theatrical releases. The direct-to-DVD stuff is too far apart to need the space. But, hey, feel free to start a thread about it. And, eventually, I'm going to redo the list, put it in order of release, and throw out anything not firmly in development.

Re: Comic Movie Releases. Next movie: Transformers 2 - June 29

I got a chance to watched Transformers Revenge.
I find it very similar to the cartoon series.
I enjoyed the movie. But wondering the
main character here. I thought they would just
repaint it.You better check the shoulder :bounce:

Re: Comic Movie Releases. Next movie: G.I. Joe - August 7

G.I Joe? Theyre turning old dolls into movie stars. This should be interesting.. And Bay shouldnt create another transformers, because it will be too much.
Its as if the directors dont know what to create themselves.
EPIC FAIL.

CLASSIFIED said:
G.I Joe? Theyre turning old dolls into movie stars.

Actually, it's more an adaption of the 80s action figures and cartoon series. Not the earlier dolls. It's the group, not the individual.

I've heard the movie referred to as "Showgirls meets Plan 9". The trailer looked pretty cool, though.

I've heard the movie referred to as "Showgirls meets Plan 9". The trailer looked pretty cool, though.

Honestly, I liked the look of it until they unveiled the hydraulic suits. I went from being on the fence/wanting to see it to not wanting to get near it. From what I've seen and read in the comic adaption, it's more along the lines of all of those 90s movies based on animated series, toy lines, and comics. Basically, an interesting concept, simplistic plot, and some bad casting (Christopher Eccleston being a BIG exception to the bad casting). But, being a huge G.I. Joe fan, I can look on the bright side: Snake Eyes look perfect.

Seeing the suits was a turnoff for me too. I was really looking forward to this movie until I saw the trailer with them wearing those. Still, I’m going to go see the movie anyway, even if it turns out to be a trainwreak.

Re: Comic Movie Releases. Next movie: Iron Man 2 - May 7, 2010

What's the news on Spider-Man 4? I've only just heard of it's existence now. I'd be willing to give the movie franchise another chance if they utilised Lizard, seeing as Dr. Conners has already been established in the movie canon.

That, and the fact he's just so damned awesome.

What's the news on Spider-Man 4? I've only just heard of it's existence now. I'd be willing to give the movie franchise another chance if they utilised Lizard, seeing as Dr. Conners has already been established in the movie canon.

That, and the fact he's just so damned awesome.

The guy playing Conners has confirmed he's in Spider-Man 4, but there's absolutely no real word on who the villain is (though I seem to recall the talk being "not the Lizard." But, hey, that can change. I don't even think the script's been drafted yet).

One of many films I keep forgetting to add. Thanks for reminding me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom