• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Commentary included with the movies

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the first four English dub movies included audio commentary and after that no movie came out with commentary, is that true?

Reaction score
The first, third and fourth movies definitely did. I'm not sure about the second movie and I don't know who was on the first one, just that it did have one. The third movie had a commentary by Michael Haigney and Norman Grossfield while the fourth included the main cast... however it was hardly a commentary, instead it was a Q&A inserted over the movie (I don't recall a single point where they actually discuss what's happening on screen).

One golden snippet of the commentaries is when Haigney jumped into the VA booth to provide a voice for Charmander believing it would only appear in a single episode... that episode being it's freakin' capture episode. Kinda goes to prove how little he knew about the franchise.

Reaction score
I don't know who was on the first one, just that it did have one. The third movie had a commentary by Michael Haigney and Norman Grossfield.
Same deal. Haigney and Grossfeld were in the commentary for The First Movie.

Reaction score
The first, third and fourth movies definitely did. I'm not sure about the second movie and I don't know who was on the first one, just that it did have one. The third movie had a commentary by Michael Haigney and Norman Grossfield while the fourth included the main cast... however it was hardly a commentary, instead it was a Q&A inserted over the movie (I don't recall a single point where they actually discuss what's happening on screen).

One golden snippet of the commentaries is when Haigney jumped into the VA booth to provide a voice for Charmander believing it would only appear in a single episode... that episode being it's freakin' capture episode. Kinda goes to prove how little he knew about the franchise.
Thanks for your answer! Too bad M02 and newer movies than M04 didn't included audio commentary.

Eternally loyal to the dub and TPCi
Reaction score
To be fair to Mr. Haigney, there's no guarantee that a captured Pokemon will appear often. For all he and anyone first seeing that episode when it was new knew, Charmander could've ended up with Primeape's or Krabby's screentime. He got unlucky to have started voicing a Pokemon that would end up appearing nearly as much as the mascot itself.

Speaking of voicing Pokemon, his voicework of Psyduck made that species his favorite Pokemon.