• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Community Battle Videos

V6GW-WWWW-WW3A-9A5K

A rare opportunity in a full OU battle actually taking place on-cart. A full analysis of this battle is being written(Detailed analyses are extremely difficult to make well). This is also the first testing of my Double Core balance team on-cart.

OU replay: Tonykaaarp vs. Etrian Oddity - Pokémon Showdown

Well, while playing some OU matches with the team I got from round 1 of Slife's tourney (which I quite enjoyed using, might I add), I had this battle, which just so happens to be the longest battle ever (as far as I know). Granted, the replay stops at turn 250, but it went on to turn 318 before I was finally defeated.

@Slife and I battled each other a few times on cartridge fairly recently – once last month and once in January. They were both OU singles battles. Here are the replays:

CZFG-WWWW-WW3Z-U9ZD
TA2G-WWWW-WW3Z-U9LV

S89W-WWWW-WWX5-UU43

A battle I had in OR against a friend of mine last January. We used only our favorite types, he used Fire and I used Ghost. Plenty of pride was on the line as a result of this rule.

Also, dat Overheat~

In the first battle, why your opponent was saying "!Weak [Pokemon's name]" every time your Pokemon gets knocked out or hit?
The opponent was looking up the GB's Pokemon before the attack but the replay loads everything all at once so it feels kinda off.

Props on the sweeper Klefki. That +1 Magnet Rise must have sealed the deal.

The opponent was looking up the GB's Pokemon before the attack but the replay loads everything all at once so it feels kinda off.

Props on the sweeper Klefki. That +1 Magnet Rise must have sealed the deal.

Haha I tried to build a boring, standard looking team and then put on the silliest sets I could think of (and then the skarm is actually just normal, no silliness involved)

Well, it's that time again here - the local VGC Regionals have come and gone, and, much like the last two years I participated, I am going to share some videos of my matches. I did about the same as last year (i.e. getting fairly high in the rankings but not in the top 8), but that's not what you care about. :p

The first round:

Match I: 6YAG-WWWW-WW42-545U
Match II: 9NHG-WWWW-WW42-547S

These battles are against the person who eventually went on to become runner-up in the Masters division, so I don't feel too bad about losing. GG.

The second round:

Match I: DMZG-WWWW-WW42-54AK
Match II:44PG-WWWW-WW42-54CL

This bloke outright admited that he was using an in-game team after turn 1, so I'm not surprised that I won there. GG anyway.

I didn't get any replays of the third round because it was a match on the big screen for everyone else to watch... which probably contributed to it being a crushing defeat on my part. GG anyway.

The forth round:

QNUG-WWWW-WW42-54DN

This is the first of the rounds that was just a single match as opposed to a best-of-three that the other matches were. It was still a good match regardless. GG

The fifith round:

BX2G-WWWW-WW42-54EN

A bit of VERY unwelcome flinch-hax in the begining, but once I got the Room up, he was kinda screwed. I even made a comment mid-battle that he was 'in my Room now.' :D GG

The sixth round:

J8GG-WWWW-WW42-54GR

And this is pretty much a perfect example of how this team is supposed to get things done (i.e. set up The Room and utterly dominate the opponent). GG

And in addition to those official matches, I also had a match with the Junior Division champion after all that was done. Apparently he didn't realise Chandy was a Ghost type or something. It was a good match anyway though. GG.

6NSW-WWWW-WW42-54YY

Last edited:
Ah, the joy of Random Battles on Showdown... In very few other places can you get a Swoobat that happens to nearly destroy the opponent's entire team. And it would have done that too, if it weren't for that meddling Medicham...

Random Battle replay: Bob the Unholy vs. manuelyonk - Pokémon Showdown

Sorry for the double post BTW, I just figured this thread needed a bump.
When I read "Swoobat nearly destroys opponent's entire team" I was expecting a Simple + Calm Mind sweeper, but nope, just Sub + Lefties :p

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom