• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Community Battle Videos

Oh Arceus.

I actually did it.

I won a battle because of Mr. Mime.

The perfect setup.

The overwhelming damage.

The ludicrus speed.

It's just a shame the opponent gave up.

But here's the code:

J3TW-WWWW-WW4D-HLLP

Here's two from the June International Challenge.

XEZG-WWWW-WW4L-6CWL

XTGW-WWWW-WW4L-6BU7

I'm not a big fan of the VGC16 format and how monotone it is. Every team has almost all of all of: Xerneas, Smeargle, Groudon, Kangaskhan.

I didn't want to conform to these standards but I also wanted to do good, so my team was: Rayquaza, Groudon, Salamence, Landorus-T, Talonflame, and Froslass.

Of those, Froslass was the least popular and a personal choice of mine, the moveset statistics on the official site for Froslass are all 66.7%, 33.3%, 16.7%, etc, implying that six Froslasses were used in this competition. I can further back this up because I forgot to remove Spikes (Froslass was a singles mon before I decided to use her in VGC) and put Protect on, and Spikes shows up at 16.7%. Anyways, the plan was to take a hit with the sash and Destiny Bond to get an easy KO, usually on a Xerneas using Dazzling Gleam. I also had the luxury of it being a fast Taunt user and having useful STAB in Ice Beam. The plan was an amazing success, most people didn't expect it, those two videos capture that fact.

Well, I haven't been doing much battling recently, but I have had one interesting match earlier today: @Arrow of Light, a fellow Fairy Gym Leader from another forum, decided to have a Fairy face-off (as I'm calling it) with yours truly, and it was a battle to behold... Even if it was a grueling match that lasted 132 turns and involved PP stalling on my part, but that's besides the point: it was still an great game even if there were only five minutes left on the timer at the end. But that's enough rambling on about the battle - here's the code:

66JW-WWWW-WW4Q-3J9R

I wouldn't mind having some more Fairy face-offs in the future with you, Arrow. See you at a later date or something.

Last edited:
Well, it seems that me and one @Arrow of Light have had another one of those Fairyy Face-0ffs, as I like to call them... two in fact, as I was salty after the first one and wanted a rematch. :p They were both good battles (and involved MUCH less stalling then the other one, thank Arceus), and I figgured I'd post them here again since the Battle Center is really barren as per usual.

Round 1:

WFPG-WWWW-WW4T-7BD9

...This one involves me not putting an item on my Granbull, bit of hax and me throwing the round when I could have easilly Meteor Mashed to victory (or at least knocked out that Sylveon) because gimmicks. But hey, at least I got to test out my Mawile and Mega Diancie, if only briefly, and I'm plesently surprised at their performence. That and it was my first battle of the day so I have an excuse for being terrible. :D

Round 2:

M39W-WWWW-WW4T-7DUU

In which I pretty much exclusively use gimmick sets (and Garde because it works well with one of those gimmick sets), Slurpuff does Slurpuff things, Carbink somehow becomes an actual threat that would've been more threatening if I hadn't forgotten about the Speed boost I'd given it and Mimes have a Mime-off. Oh, and Fairy Lock is used because its animation looks cool. Need I say more?

...Seriously though, if I hadn't said 'screw it' and sent Slurpuff in at the begining then I might not have won that one. Yay for risk vs. reward or something.

Ah, these Fairy Face-offs are always such good battles... I await the next one with anticipation, Arrow. :D

Also, screw Stun Spore's '75% accuracy', I swear it hits less often the Focus Miss.

Pokemon Chamber on Facebook is doing a competition as a way to say goodbye to generation 6, on the first round I wasn't doing well at first and thought that the mega Metagross is going to sweep my team. I quickly changed strategy by baton passing into Sableye and mega evolving into a will-o-whisp to burn mega Metagross. After taking down the Metagross with Driftblum using shadowball, I proceed to sweep the team from there with just mega Sableye. It's a long battle.

SQWG-WWWW-WW5W-H5A2

Well, it seems that this is the last battle I'll be posting here before Sun and Moon comes out, so let's make it a good one. As for the story behind this one, well, y'know how me and one @Arrow of Light have been having these Fairy face-offs as of late? Well, we had another one of those as a send-off to Gen VI or something, but that's not the battle I'm going to show you, for two reasons: the first is that the battle itself is rather boring to watch (mainly because there are a lot of turns where nothing really happens), and the second is that right before that match, we had another battle with different Monotype teams - me using (an altered version of) my BBL Bug team from ages past and Arrow going with a formation of Fighting types, and it was a pretty darn good match. Oh, I should probably give you the code now, shouldn't I? Here it is:

HHVG-WWWW-WW56-TBEW

Also, in exchange for not posting our final Fairy face-off, I figgured I would give a sort of commentary for this match, explaining why I chose the options I chose, what I thought Arrow would do, that kind of thing. Though I suggest you watch the replay first then read this stuff should you choose to re-watch it so as not to spoil anything, but that's besides the point.
Teams:
Me: Galvantula (lead), Volcarona, Armaldo, Scolipede, Escavalier, (Mega) Pinsir
Arrow: Hitmontop, Conkeldurr, Medicham (Mega), Lucario, Mienshao, Infernape (lead)

Turn 1:

This turn was... actually kinda underwheling. You see, I knew I would be abnle to survive one hit because Focus Sash and all I really wanted to do with Galvantula was set up Sticky Webs... I was expecting that Infernape to go for a Fire attack, but I suppose Stealth Rocks was a good option considering that thing probably had a Sash (and was able to outspeed Galvantula anyway) and that Stealth Rocks utterly destroys my M. Pinsir and Volcarona.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Galvantula (100%)
Arrow: Infernape (100%)

Turn 2:

This turn went exactly as I expected - his Infernape would use a Fire attack (Flamethrower in this case), the Sash would keep Galvantula alive and it would retaliate with Thunder... it's just a shame that Thunder happened to miss despite Galvantla's Compundeyes, but that's hax I guess.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Galvantula (1 HP)
Arrow: Infernape (100%)

Turn 3:

...I'll just say that I was not expecting Arrow to U-Turn out of that one, since a Mach Punch would've taken me out just fine, while keeping Infernape in and preventing me from doing what I do next turn safely. But hey, maybe Arrow didn't realise that I was OK with my Galvantula going down and wanted to damage whatever he thought I'd send in, who knows? Either way, that's my first 'mon down. Oh, and Arrow sent Hitmontop in after Infernape U-Turned out, which then got its Speed lowered by the Sticky Webs... not that it mattered in the long run.

As a responce to his Hitmontop, I sent in my Armaldo, which took some Stealth Rock damage.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Armaldo (75%)
Arrow: Hitmontop (100%)

Turn 4:

Though speaking of Rocks, that's the reason why I sent this thing in - so it could use Rapid Spin and get rid of them... And it looks like Arrow had the same idea, since that's what his Hitmontop used. Now, this was one of the most important turn in this entire match, since, as I mentioned earlier, Stealth Rocks destroy my whole team. Oh, and it revealed the 'Top had the same item as Armaldo (Leftovers), that's a thing too.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Armaldo (slightly above 75%)
Arrow: Hitmontop (99%)

Turn 5:

In which I used Rock Tomb thinking he was going to send Infernape back in to little effect, while he used Low Kick and did some decent damage to Armaldo. Not exactly the best turn for me, but at least I knew what I was going to do next turn.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Armaldo (slightly above 50%)
Arrow: Hitmontop (95% or so)

Turn 6:

Now, I knew Arrow was going to use Low Kick again, so that's why I sent in my Pinsir to take the hit. This works out really well for me, since it's rather rare to switch in a 'mon as frail as Pinsir with as little damage as that Low Kick did to me.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Pinsir (85% or so)
Arrow: Hitmontop (98% or so)

Turn 7:

This was the most important turn in the entire match. You see, for some reason, Arrow thought it was a good idea to switch in his Infernape on my Pinsir, only for it to Mega Evolve, gain the Flying type and use a STAB, Aerialate-boosted Quick Attack to nearly one-shot the Infernape.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Mega Pinsir (85% or so)
Arrow: Infernape (2% or so)

Turn 8:

As for why that last turn was so important, well, that's because it let me simply use Quick Attack and finish off that Infernape, which not only means getting rid of a big thread, but also preventing it from setting up Stealth Rocks again, which, as I mentioned earlier, would be very bad. That and it evened up the number of 'mons.

Oh, and Hitmontop comes back in after Infernape goes down, Intimidating my Mega Pinsir.

End-of-turn stats:
Arrow: Hitmontop (97% or so)

Turn 9:

Naturally, I really don't want a great Physical attacker like M. Pinsir to be weakened in the attacking department, so I switched out and sent in Scolipede, who took a Thief from that Hitmontop rather well.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Scolipede (85% or so)
Arrow: Hitmontop (99%)

Turn 10:

And it seems that he didn't want me to get much done with Scilipede, so Hitmontop retreated and in came Conkeldurr... and I took this oppertunity to set up a Swords Dance. Oh, and Speed Boost is a thing.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Scolipede +2 Atk, +1 Spe (85% or so)
Arrow: Conkeldurr (100%)

Turn 11:

Now, I knew that Conk would probably be able to take out my Scolipede, and I also knew that it'd probably be able to take a hit from it as well, even at +2 Attack, but I figgured it was better then it damaging any of my other 'mons and just slamed it with a Poison Jab... which it took surprisingly well, then retaliated with a Fire Punch, bring the score to 4/5.

...Y'know, I'm not really sure why I sent Volcarona in after that, but I'm glad I did.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Volcarona (100%)
Arrow: Conkeldurr (just under 50%)

Turn 12:

Indeed, I'm glad I sent it in, because apparently it was scary enough to force him to send in Hitmontop, which actually worked out rather well, since I choose to go for Firey Dance, which did about half and gave Volc a Sp. Attack boost.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Volcarona Sp. Atk +1 (100%)
Arrow: Hitmontop (slightly above 50%)

Turn 13:

Not really much to say about this turn - I just do the math, take advantage of that Sp. Attack boost and use Firey Dance again and barely finish of the Hitmontop, bringing the scores to 4/4.

Though Arrow responds with Medicham, which is actually kinda scary.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Volcarona (100%)
Arrow: Medicham (100%)

Turn 14:

...This is probably another one of those important turns - since, while the Medicham Mega Evolved and used the really obvious Fake Out (for a surprising amount of damage, might I add), it just so happened that Volcarona's Flame Body Burnt the Medicham in response. The hax gods have returned for revenge for that Thunder miss earlier, it seems.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Volcarona (just above 50%)
Arrow: Mega Medicham (100%)

Turn 15:

And the reason that last turn was important was that, since the Burn lowered the Medicham's Attack enough to the point where its Psycho Cut just barely missed out on finishing off Volcarona, who retalited with a Firey Dance, finishing it off and bringing the score to 4/3.

And in comes Conkeldurr after the 'Cham goes down.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Volcarona (5% or so)

Turn 16:

...And obvious Mach Punch to finish off Volc and tie up the match at 3/3 is obvious. The only reason I didn't switch is so I could potentially get another scumbag Burn from Flame Body. :p

But hey, at least I got to send in Mega Pinsir for free, right?

End-of-turn stats:

Turn 17:

In which I go for Thrash because I'm pretty certian that Quick Attack wouldn't've klled from that range and also decently sure that I outspeed most 'mons left on his team. Obvious play is obvious, Conk goes down and I finally have more 'mons then Arrow, with 3/2.

Oh, and Mienshao comes in, that too.

End-of-turn stats:
Arrow: Mienshao (100%)

Turn 18:

Now, I can't really do anything other then continue to Thrash, so that's what I do... But Mienshao actualyl uses Bounce (and actually springs up before Pinsir can hit it). A pretty simple turn really, even if it is unusual for Meinshao to have Bounce in the first place. Oh, and I finish Thrashing at the end of this turn, which is very fortunate for me (though I'm not quite sure if I would've finished anyway because I missed or something due to my inexperience with the move, but that's besides the point).

End-of-turn stats:
Arrow: Mienshao (100%) in the air

Turn 19:

Now, I really didn't want Mega Pinsir to die since it's pretty much my wincon at this point, so I switch it out and send in Armaldo, somehow dodges the Bounce, which leves me with a pretty decent amount of HP to take further hits. Even if I was just trying to sack the thing to keep Pinsir alive, but that's besides the point.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Armaldo (60% or so)

Turn 20:

In which the Mienshao uses Bounce again and I miss a Rock Tomb. Not much to say here really.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Armaldo (65% or so)

Turn 21:

And now I atually hit a Rock Tomb, while he brings me down to just over 50% (after Lefties). Another simple turn, and I'm glad I a little damage on this bouncing kung-fu rodent.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Armaldo (just over 50%)
Arrow: Mienshao (87% or so)

Turn 22:

And just as I was about to be smart and Aqua Jet the predicted Bounce, he switched into Lucario. Ah well, at least it did decent damage I guess.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Armaldo (55% or so)
Arrow: Lucario (90% or so)

Turn 23:

In which I just sack off Armaldo because it did its job ages ago and I have more important 'mons in the back so having the score become be 2/2 isn't such a major setback. I probably could've gotten off a little chip damage with Aqua Jet, but that's besides the point.

Speaking of important 'mons, I send in Escavalier afterwards.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Escavalier (100%)
Arrow: Lucario (93% or so)

Turn 24:

And, unsurprisingly, this Escavalier just so happens to be one of my team's tanks, which is why I knew I'd survive that Lucario's Aura sphere without too much damage, though I was surprised at just how well it took the attack. Oh, and unlike Armaldo, my other tank, this thing can actually do damage - in this case, finishing off the Lucario with a Drill Run and bringing the score to 2/1.

And thus, Arrow sent in his last hope, Mienshao, to do battle.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Escavalier (around 80%)
Arrow: Mienshao (87% or so)

just under 50%

Turn 25:

And I just went for the obvious play here, since I knew he was on his las 'mon and couldn't really do that much... and, for some strange reason, he went for Bounce, causing me to miss my Iron Head. A rather uninteresting turn.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Escavalier (around 80%)
Arrow: Minshyao (87% or so)

Turn 26

And here's where I came to the realisation that I could win at any time, so I figgured I may as well see what item he gave the thing, and considering the fact that it outsped my Mega Pinsier, I was unsurprised that the item was a Choice Scarf. Oh, and we did damage to eachother, that too.

End-of-turn stats:
Me: Escavalier (50%)
Arrow: Mienshao (about 45%)

Turn 27:

In which he knocks me out with a High Jump Kick after getting rid of his Scarf, bringing the score to 1/1.

...Though this is actually good for me, since it lets me get in Mega Pinsir free of charge.

End-of-turn stats:
Arrow: Mienshao (about 45%)

Turn 28:

And now that had Mega Pinsir in, all I needed to do was use Quick Attack and I would win. So that's what I did. GG, Arrow, that was one probably my favourite matches we've had against eachother, we should do this again sometime. Or something.

End-of-battle stats:
Me: Mega Pinsir (around 85%)
Arrow: No Pokémon left

GG

...My god that took ages to write. And I'm pretty sure a lot of those estimates werre terrible, but what're you going to do?

Battle Factory replay: UnfinishedSymphony vs. Rawrdinobite - Pokémon Showdown

There's some good play and counterplay with Hippo and Zapdos in the beginning, which allowed me to get a feel for my opponent and start making predictions

EDIT (gen 7 time):
[Gen 7] OU replay: kviehdor vs. UnfinishedSymphony - Pokémon Showdown

I'm a huge fan of Mega Sharpedo in the meta right now. If you grab a Speed Boost, you shred through hyper offense with Strong Jaw crunch, but it ALSO decimates stall as a wallbreaker.

Since Pokémon Bank has now been updated I have bred Salazzle with Fake Out and Hidden Ability Dream Ball Swift Swim Caracosta for VGC 2017 battles. Here is a code for the first battle I had online using my Swift Swim Carracosta which I won:

R4SW-WWWW-WWW4-TFXF

Although my team is designed for VGC 2017 I did this battle in a Double Rating Battle because I wasn't sure if I could use my Swift Swim Carracosta in an official VGC 2017 battle yet because I don't think the VGC 2017 rules have been updated to allow Pokémon in Dream Balls to be used in VGC battles yet. My opponent in the Double Battle was also using a VGC 2017 team so it didn't matter that we both chose to do a Double Rating Battle. In this battle my in game name is May.

View: https://youtu.be/zpHV-4RZMyw

A Pokemon Theme Battle Challenge using the new Grass Types from Generation 7 , it is a mono Grass Types Team.
It was a hard but an exciting battle ;)
Any comments on the video is REALLY APPRECIATED !! and i hope you like it
If you enjoy please SUBSCRIBE for more POKEMON videos

View: https://youtu.be/AZEK65rrcbk

Another Pokemon Theme Battle , Another Challenge with the GEN 7 NEW NORMAL TYPES. Playing with a Pokemon mono type team is always challenging and hard but really AWESOME & FUN !!
I hope you enjoy and learn some new moves & strategies ;)

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom