• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~ Community Question of the Week ~ What would you change and why?

I think I'd get behind being someone that could always do the bottle flip challenge well. It seems like the most pointless thing, but my brother was obsessed with trying to perfect his skills on it and I thought it was hilarious watching him try.

If you could gain a useless skill, what would it be?
Making an origami boat. Anytime I've tried origami I've failed miserably and my classmates in Naval Architecture love to tease me like "If you can't even make a boat out of paper, how can you design a real one?" :) It's become an inside joke at this point.

~New question time~

How did you celebrate Easter/April Fools?

Did you do a egg hunt only to find out there were no eggs hidden or did you put an airhorn under someone seat? All is allowed and you can share some inspiration for next year.

I didn't do anything special for Easter. I just stayed home and I didn't play any pranks on anyone for April Fools.

Usually my mom hides Easter eggs for Easter (despite all the kids in our family being well over 13 now, lol). This year she just put a bunch of eggs on our dining table with "totally from the easter bunny". Other than that we have some Norwegian Easter traditions like watching crime shows and skiing (those are rather weird I guess but it's a thing here :p). Didn't do much for April Fools, aside Gardengarden.

Not much. I acknowledged it as a celebration of the return of Christ, as a Christian. But no Easter egg hunts, no special dinners. It was business as usual.

I guess I can also say that I visted this site to see what the prank of the year was. Gardengarden was kind of funny. The garden gnome banner and the cheap looking Gardengarden tractor banner had me giggle, but the browns and greens of the site hurt my eyes so I couldn't stay too long. I got involved in a couple of gardening threads but that's about it.

~Oh look at the mod who's going to be updating the CQoW late~

What was your most memorable bakery experience?

Was it that time where you first got to design your own cake? Or was it that time where you somehow at all the bread and cookies and racking up the bakery tab? Share your experiences here!

For me, it would have to be the first time that I went to a Taiwannese Bakery where I used to take Piano lessons. Basically, the bakery is mainly self-served where you would see cases of breads all over the bakery and you choose what you want by putting them on a tray with tongs. You would then go up to the cashier and pay and the staff would box your stuff up.

They had this really good Pineapple Crust Bread and oh man, it's so good. It's one of those things I became so addicted to and always on the look for every time I go to those bakeries.

When I first made a cake with my mom -- it tasted awful so I put all the chocolate I could in the cover to try and hide it up :whistle:

I can't really remember going to a bakery. There was this one time my mom was sick though, so I wanted to make her a cake. Since I was too young to do it on my own I got my dad to help, but neither of us are cut out to be bakers :p

We did end up with a rather shabby looking "get better"-chocolate cake. It wasn't pretty, but my mom was happy we tried to cheer her up lmao.

I used to get really excited when my parents took me grocery shopping and we would pass by the market's bakery. I always wanted everything they had. :ROFLMAO:

Useless skill - Being able to cut a circle neatly with scissors LOL
Celebrating Easter - eating loadssssss of chocolate eggs
Memorable baking experience - Making a 7 tier rainbow cake by myself :p

There's a very busy bakery about a 5 minute drive away and I always never know what to get because everything looks so good! The first time I went there when I was 5 was great and I always love seeing the giant chocolate Easter eggs. There used to be a bakery that was a 2 minute walk from my house and I would go there so often that the lady there remembered me and gave me free sweets from the previous day.

Hmm I dont really go into bakery's all that often so none of my visits were to exciting. If I had to try and think of a visit that stood out though it was this really pretty and tiny bakery in Italy. It wasn't particularly fancy but all of the displays were filled with all these really simple sweets that aren't in an average bakery in Oklahoma. It was a really inviting place and Id love to go back someday.

New Question time!

How do you react to disappointment?

What do you think when something bad happens? Do you have any strategies to overcome it? What do you do?

For me it depends on how well I was able to anticipate the disappointment, because I usually plan things out with contingencies for any potential failures so if it's something I saw coming I can usually deal with it pretty well. Otherwise it can blindside me and things go awry. I can usually be on top of things with enough foresight and it's not often that I let a disappointment take much charge.

In short, I react really badly. I don't plan for contingencies because I hope for the best, always... But I react quite badly maybe crying etc. I have a tough life anyway so I have sort of hardened to disappointment now!

How did you celebrate Easter/April Fools?
In Greece we celebrate Orthodox Easter which was a week after April Fools, so these were separate days for me.
For April Fools I just played a little bit of Pokemon GO with its 8-bit/Murkrow event and hanged out in GardenGarden Forums :)
Easter I spent with family as usual. It was nice albeit a bit different from past years, as we were in Athens instead of our countryside hometown. Refreshing too to do something else, for a change.
How do you react to disappointment?
I'd not say I have a set strategy for these kinds of situations. It's a case-by-case scenario. I normally try to keep my cool and think it out as I prefer logic over feelings when dealing with tense cases. However sometimes if it is too much for me I enter a sort-of catastrophe mode where I can only imagine the pessimistic scenarios. Thankfully this happens very rarely.

Back
Top Bottom