• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~ Community Question of the Week ~ What would you change and why?

I did, a couple of times.

I’ve met an Italian guy on the now defunct Pokémon Netbattle and after a couple of years decided to meet each other. It was quite nice, although he certainly didn’t meet my expectations.

The other time happened with a guy from The Netherlands, this time through a fanfic of mine. He liked it and reached out to me, and we kept in touch for a few years. Then, since he wanted to visit Italy, we organized everything for the journey (just in time for EXPO 2015), and we finally met each other. I’ve also visited his country in exchange. This experience certainly was really nice, and I wish to meet him again, whether it is in my country or in his country. ^^

Have you ever met anyone from your online life IRL? What was it like?
Just one fellow Greek person from this forum. It was a nice meeting, hopefully we might repeat it sometime :)

There are also a few GO players in my area who I first talked to online and then met while organizing some game-related activities, but I'm not sure if they really qualify as people from my online life, they're pretty much fully IRL friends now even though I talked to them through the Net first.

Current Question: Have you ever met anyone from your online life IRL? What was it like?
Do Darth and Dylan count? Knew them IRL before online though.
21.01.2018 - You got a new life as a criminal. What kind of criminal would you be?
I don't know, probably something dark and shady, and notable to pull off anything because I am me

I actually have from an old forum. That was about 6 years ago where I was touring colleges. Decided to stay at his place for a week, do stupid stuff around his town and play video games.

Very nice guy and to this day, I still talk to him about very nerdy, technical stuff and life. It is quite interesting to see how different we are in real life compared to online life. Would love to meet more people in real life that I only get to see on the screen.

~Time for a new question!~

What is your New Year's resolution?

How much success have you had in implementing the resolution so far? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh I guess Ill call it a New Years Resolution. I decided to actually follow through with going back to college this year. Its been pretty successful so far! Made it to every class so far and have been getting solid grades.

A major one involves losing weight, with a goal of less than 100 kg by the end of the year. Unfortunately it's not going nearly as well as it did last year, not making much progress. It's become quite harder after losing 40 kg so far, guess I've hit some sort of limit. Hope I can get through it eventually.

I typically don't do New Years resolution only because it does set myself up for failure.

However, I do have goals that I want to accomplish this year. Mainly that I get into a Software Engineer or Developers role at either a well-established startup or large company. The other things I like to do is to be in better terms with my parents. Oh and getting the big stuff repaired too.

Would also like to start taking Piano lessons again and take art classes on a regular basis this year.

I started this year with a list of goals, but not "new year's" goals, since I usually reorient myself around the October/November period (probably something about seeing tangible results when other people are still setting their goals)

The main ones I have revolve around my university degree (picking courses in my program that I thought I'd have a decent chance at being successful in, joining clubs that I could be more social and also fit my interest, etc), becoming more healthy as an individual (both weight, attitudes to life etc) as well as taking a more active role in my own self-determination and outcomes.

Some more minor materialistic goals I had were to get a new computer (I bought a cheap iMac last week) and to travel more (I've got flights booked for Perth in June and December, but I'm thinking of either a trip to New Zealand or USA in September, depending on what my Lovely Student Finances allow for :3)

My new year's resolution is to start losing weight. I've been continually adjusting my diet and exercising more, so I'm hoping I'll start losing some weight.

Now that the forums are back up, back to our regularly scheduled weekly topic. Also, this is my first update of this thread. Yay!

What were some things you have done that you would consider to be embarrassing and wished would change?

I don't know anything per se about the things I have done that I consider to be embarrassing that I have control over. I think the closest time where I had that was back in high school during AP Environmental Science, I had to go into the river when I somehow tripped on a fairly large rock that was at the bottom of the river and got myself all wet.

Proves how klutzy I can be at times. I probably should have watched my step while crossing the river on foot.

I went to an audition last year and all the auditioners would get called in groups of 25 to go in the auditorium and perform together. I twisted my knee when we were all performing together and I tried the best I can to make it look like I did not twist my knee and afterwards, we had to perform individually and I knew I was going to be screwed because the judges would be looking only at me and they will definitely notice something is wrong with me when they see me limping. I did my solo performance limping of course which was embarrassing. After the audition, I had to wait if I will get a callback or not but I never got a callback which means I did not pass the audition.

To prevent myself from twisting my knee, I should have not bent my knees too much.

Today is Monday and it's time for the weekly topic change!

If you were given the chance, what colour would you change your eye colour to, if any?

I don't know if I would change my eye colors, mainly because it doesn't make a huge difference to me. And even if I could, I think my brown eyes matches me pretty well.

For the embarrassment one - My embarrassing moments thankfully have been very minor in my life, so I probably wouldn't wish to change any of them.

For eyes - I'd have a darker shade of blue for an eye color instead of the Sky Blue I have now.

Ooh, this is cool! I'll join in.

What is your New Year's resolution?

To make leaps and bounds in my writing and drawing. I won't say 'I want to finish my book' because that's a massive undertaking, although if that happened I'd be delighted.

You got a new life as a criminal. What kind of criminal would you be?

Something to do with ninjas.

06.02.2018 - What's the best ice breaker do you have? Does it work all the time

*holds up Ice Breakers gum*

19.02.2018 - Have you ever met anyone from your online life IRL? What was it like?

No, but I've spoken with a few on the phone and on webcam.

If you were given the chance, what colour would you change your eye colour to, if any?

Anything away from the brown color family, so maybe blue.

I like my green eyes a lot, so I'd probably keep them since I think it suits me. A lilac purple would be kind of cool though if any color was an option, just because purple is my favorite color.

Back
Top Bottom