• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~ Community Question of the Week ~ What would you change and why?

I talk to my family and tell them what happened to me.

Anyone who really knows me will be able to vouch for the fact that I become f--cking furious upon being disappointed. I fume for hours, days, weeks - unreasonable, childish, sure, but I never claimed to be anything else.
To snap out of it, I complain until somebody screams at me, listen to music and think about the Star Wars cast. A glorious cycle.

I generally don't react much to disappointment. Sometimes it'll kill my mood for the day depending on the source of disappointment, but generally it doesn't cause much in the way of anger. I still tend to feel rather dejected though.

Ah. Well that really depends. If it's something like something I was looking forward to being cancelled, I usually prepare myself for that, and think of other things I can do that I like if that happens. Like if I'm going to see a movie with a friend but the friend has to cancel, I usually have a backup plan, like watching a movie I love at home. It doesn't always work out thought, of course. Some things just have too much of an impact.

I tend to go draw when I feel down in one way or another. If I'm really angry at someone, or really disappointed something happened/didn't happen, I usually draw to reflect that, and it does make me feel at least a little bit better every time.

Honestly it depends on whats happened that's disappointing. Before I had a better hold on my depression Id have some pretty debilitating panic attacks. Now that I'm more assured with myself its usually just me being a little down on myself in my thoughts. Pacing to my favorite music and doing something mindless in a video game calms me down pretty quickly. Of course not every situation is the same so sometimes I can get over disappointment in no time at all.

Reacting to Disappointment: I feel like it's the end of the world, there's no reason for living, etc, etc. Generic gloomy things. It typically puts a huge damper on me. Even relatively minor things make me feel like my soul is just weighed down. Such discouragement permeates most of my existence, so to see things end up the way I thought they were going to end up in the first place can be really depressing and just confirms to me that life sucks. Even if you're ready for things to suck, it doesn't make it hurt any less.

My strategy for dealing with it? In the long term, disappointments are typically the time where I look at my life, and try my best to think of things to change it in a positive way. They usually occur in these stagnant depressive periods where nothing goes my way, and I try my best to rise out of that like a phoenix. Doesn't always succeed though.

Short term, I just try not to think about it and go immerse myself in my work. Whether that be my art or my story-writing. Or maybe I'll just go play a video game with my husband. We'll try to talk things out too since such disappointments usually affect us both.

New Question time!

What is the most disgusting thing you've eaten on pizza?
Inb4 people say pineapple

friends-pineapple.gif

On how do I react to disappointment... not very well. It's part of the reason why I don't take huge risks. It's a catch-22. I fear failure and disappointment, but if I don't take that risk, I fear losing what I could have had. I should be used to disappointment since it has happened so many times in my life, but there were consequences that left me bitter. I forgive, but I tend to not forget my own failures, especially. I want to learn from my disappointments and not make the same mistakes, but it's super hard, I will not lie. Old yet terrible habits do not die easily.

As for the pizza question, I've had disgusting pizza before, but I have never eaten anything on pizza that was disgusting, itself. I'm a typical pepperoni-lover. I guess I don't like it when there's too much meat on a pizza. I hate the meat-lovers stuff at any pizza place.

This experience has left me deeply traumitized, so I ask that the readers appreciate the sheer courage it takes to even refer to the occasion. People under eighteen should not read this without an adult present...

It... it...
Oh my god...
It was a tomato... :eek:

So if you're wondering why I seem a bit strange sometimes, this is it. I'm still taking therapy and medication, and rehab seems to be working out pretty well. I'm just lucky it wasn't an onion or something, otherwise I'd be on heroin right now. So yes. And as scandalous and un-Italian as this may be, I quite like pineapple. It's bizarre. Its outlandish. Its not f-cking tomato.

Ruling out pineapple I'd have to go with black olives.

I actually like olives when they're alone, but for some reason I just can't stand them if they're on pizza or inside a sandwich (my school puts then in everything, and it's really annoying.)

Oh yeah I can't stand olives in things. It ruins everything. I'm the worst Italian because apparently we're supposed to like them but not I. :<

onions. red onions on a fucking pineapple and ham pizza.
O N I O N S

what kind of sick bastard ruins a pineapple pizza with onions of all things

Apologies for the late update. Yesterday was my birthday and I was out having way too much fun. Woo me!

Which Pokémon would you choose as your animal companion, and why?

I'm sure that we all wished that Pokemon is real. Well, if it was real, what would be your companion?

For me, I think it would obviously be Pikachu. Aside from being awesome and cute, it would be a practical pet to have in case if the power goes out, or at least charge my phone when I am low on battery. Just gotta be careful of others pulling its cheek like mad though!

Most of my favorite Pokemon are legendaries and they would be big for me to have as a pet and it's best I pick a smaller Pokemon for a pet. I would pick Vulpix and it is one of my favorite Pokemon that is not a legendary. I really love its design and it is so beautiful.

Arcanine. No contest. It's not my favourite (although it's up there), but it's a big, fluffy dog and there is no pet better than that ever. And it'd be funny to take it on walks, and I'd always feel safe cause it's a huge dog that breathes fire like woah.

Animal Companion Pokemon: I'll have to agree with ^ above. Arcanine. Though for me, it would be because I could ride it, giving me a great and quick mode of transport. That is something I've always dreamed about. Also, it would be big and fluffy, meaning I could cuddle with it without squashing it. Plus, Arcanine seems like it is a very loyal and obedient Pokemon, so I don't imagine it would be hard to train. Particularly if you got one as an egg and raised it yourself. (Which I would probably do.)

I'd also have to go with Vulpix like Jinjo said. I think foxes are adorable, and Vulpix is super cute. Alolan Vulpix in particular! Vulpix also kind of reminds me of one of my cats, so that makes it even better. I think Eevee would be a nice animal companion too, for similar reasons.

What is the most disgusting thing you've eaten on pizza?
Anchovies. Fish on pizza... eh. At least I never got pineapple or broccoli on it. So I can relate with SC there...
Which Pokémon would you choose as your animal companion, and why?
I'd like one of my favourites like Blastoise or Charizard, especially since I would've raised them from their base starter forms as my first Pokemon ever.

Back
Top Bottom