• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~ Community Question of the Week ~ What would you change and why?

CherubCookie

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
15215310111041054171320592222947.jpg

Thread Artwork by noworry

Bulbaquestion of the Week

Welcome to Bulbaquestion of the week! This thread be updated every Monday by your wonderful Outside the Box staff with a new topic. Basically this thread will introduce a question every week that the Bulbagarden community will discuss. From your favorite memory to what you would like your eye color to be, this thread will ask a wide variety questions.

How this thread works you say? You just post your response to the question in this thread! That's really it!

nj0.png

Current Question: What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
nj0.png

We also have a stack of past weekly topics! You're more than welcome to also answer previous weekly topics too. Just make it clear for us to know which question you're answering.

21.01.2018 - You got a new life as a criminal. What kind of criminal would you be?
06.02.2018 - What's the best ice breaker do you have? Does it work all the time ?
19.02.2018 - Have you ever met anyone from your online life IRL? What was it like?

01.03.2018 - What is your New Year's resolution?
12.03.2018 - What colour would you change your eye colour to, if any?
19.03.2018 - What do you want to accomplish this week?
26.03.2018 - If you could gain a useless skill, what would it be?
02.04.2018 - How did you celebrate Easter/April Fools?
10.04.2018 - What was your most memorable bakery experience?
16.04.2018 - How do you react to disappointment?
23.04.2018 - What is the most disgusting thing you've eaten on pizza?
30.04.2018 - Which Pokémon would you choose as your animal companion, and why?
07.05.2018 - If you had to eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be??
14.05.2018 - Which fictional character would be the most boring to meet in real life?
21.05.2018 - If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
11.06.2018 - What were some things you have done as a teenager that you consider embarrassing and wish you could change?
17.07.2018 - What lucky things have happened to you by coincidence?

Super Food Question Of The Week

• What’s the most awkward thing that happens to you on a regular basis?
  • What is your spirit animal, and why?
  • What animal would be the most terrifying if it could speak?
  • What isn’t real but you desperately wish it was?
  • What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
  • If everything in your house had to be one color what color would you choose?

If you have a question that you would love to see featured here, you're more than welcome to submit your question to Outside the Box staff! (CheffOfGames, CherubCookie, dragon_nataku, G50, Pikochu, SoaringDylan) We love getting question suggestions from the community!

With that out of the way, lets hear all your answers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing me, It would probably be something lame. I think the most criminal thing I've ever done is steal a pencil from school. If anything I'd just be stealing art supplies, lol. So "art-supply-theif", I guess :p

Hmm, that is quite a hard question actually. I would probably be a stationary stealer because I'm not really one for stealing but if I see someone with better stationary than me I get mad. So in my new life, I would rob it LOL.

I was sick last week so new question happens today~

What's the best ice breaker do you have? Does it work all the time ?

Tell us your conversation starters!​

My name, some random fact about Eurovision, my shoe size and 3 fun facts about me. And it makes people laugh so I think so haha

Oh definitely my beanies. If it's a casual atmosphere I always introduce my self while putting the beanie in my introduction in some way shape or form.

What's the best ice breaker do you have? Does it work all the time ?
This, and it sure does work all the time :p
1200px-Yamal_2009.JPG

Credit: Wikipedia

OK seriously though, it depends on who I'm talking to, I'll just try to appeal to our mutual interests, be it engineering (for people from uni), Pokemon (GO players I meet in Raids) or whatever else.
There's no one thing I always do, although I have a few jokes and stories handy I might throw in if I really feel like the ice isn't broken well enough yet.

As someone who loves sports and Pokemon obviously, I'll usually start by introducing myself and asking if my potential friend is into sports.

I am extremely socially anxious so I never really start any conversations. I usually just talk when I need to ask really important questions or when I badly need help and there's no other option other than talking.

But the few times I had tried to talk, I had kind of initiated the conversation by complimenting the other person as I had thought it was the least likely to generate a negative response. For eg:- I had once told a girl that her nail-polish was very pretty (which btw it really was), and then it had slowly turned into a conversation about us discussing make-up products and stuff.

My "icebreaker" usually starts with a facial expression of like :'D before going hello! If we're in an awkward situation together it's usually even more appropriate because I have a shared experience to reference.

I'll usually say "what're the haps" otherwise and try to start a conversation that way. It doesn't fail me very often.

My "icebreaker" usually starts with a facial expression of like :'D before going hello! If we're in an awkward situation together it's usually even more appropriate because I have a shared experience to reference.

I'll usually say "what're the haps" otherwise and try to start a conversation that way. It doesn't fail me very often.
You never say what're the haps LOL

If you look through the bulbagarden discord I'm literally the only person that ever says "what are the haps" :p

~New question time~

Have you ever met anyone from your online life IRL? What was it like?

Tell us your about experiences!​

I never met someone IRL from the online world. The closest I came was calling my closest online friend a few years ago. It was such a great experience, and I could tell she was as young as she said she was. :D

I wish we never lost contact though, she moved and wasn't online at all after awhile.

No, I haven't but I have a couple of people I want to meet irl. ;) I will update you when I do meet them haha

Never meet any online people IRL. I don't think I've ever conversed with someone enough to actively try and meet up with them.

Back
Top Bottom