• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~ Community Question of the Week ~ What would you change and why?

Since the first post says I can answer previous questions, I'm going to go ahead and answer all of them!
This thread is very intriguing, should probably follow the schedule more accurately eh?

21.01.2018 - You got a new life as a criminal. What kind of criminal would you be?
Con artist, embezzling thousands from gullible fools.
06.02.2018 - What's the best ice breaker do you have? Does it work all the time?
I'll usually ask if they like anime/manga/video games, try and find something that you both enjoy. It's generally a hit or miss.
19.02.2018 - Have you ever met anyone from your online life IRL? What was it like?
I was part of an online community and we had a meetup in Brisbane, someone else in the community lives in the same town as me and we drove two hours to go to the meetup (we'd never met before then or interacted in the community), the meetup itself was pretty meh, but whenever there's an anime film in town I usually go see it with the person I met that day, we're friends.
01.03.2018 - What is your New Year's resolution?
I don't do New Year's resolutions, if I want to make a change to my lifestyle, then I have to step up and take action then and there.
12.03.2018 - What colour would you change your eye colour to, if any?
Purple (see my avatar)
19.03.2018 - What do you want to accomplish this week?
I want to relax after a stressful week last week, but alas I've got study and must do that.
26.03.2018 - If you could gain a useless skill, what would it be?
No skill is really useless, it just depends on how you use it.
02.04.2018 - How did you celebrate Easter/April Fools?
I spend Easter by usually going to my mother's house along with the rest of my siblings and we'll get a chocolate box from our mother and we'll all pitch in to buy her something nice. I don't like April Fools, as the name suggests, it's foolish. Though I remember when I was in primary school someone said my shoe was untied, I was wearing Velcro ones and told them as much, so who was the real fool?
10.04.2018 - What was your most memorable bakery experience?
I made cookies.... without self-raising flour.... and I melted the chocolate chips.... and then I burnt them....
16.04.2018 - How do you react to disappointment?
:lapras:
23.04.2018 - What is the most disgusting thing you've eaten on pizza?
Olives, just can't stand them.
30.04.2018 - Which Pokémon would you choose as your animal companion, and why?
As a pet? Ditto, oodles of fun to be had.
07.05.2018 - If you had to eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
See this question is vague enough I can say udon and it can mean a lot of dishes.
14.05.2018 - Which fictional character would be the most boring to meet in real life?
Ash Ketchum, he's so dull and boring, does he even count as a character?
21.05.2018 - If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
Zinn Lavender, I've been wanting to legally change my name to this for quite some time as I've been going by it for a few years now as my alias, it's still a serious decision however and does cost quite a fair bit, along with the hassle of updating all my identification.
11.06.2018 - What were some things you have done as a teenager that you consider embarrassing and wish you could change?
Pretty much anything before Grade 10, I was a very angry child, and I was very unfair to my teachers and other students with my behaviour. That's not to say everything was bad, but I wish I wised up earlier.
17.07.2018 - What lucky things have happened to you by coincidence?
I'd say I've been lucky to meet some of the people I have in my life that was pure chance. I'm part of different community groups I wouldn't otherwise be a part of if I hadn't met certain people who have helped me go in these directions.
10.09.2018 - What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
I ran into a table when I was three and ran into a wall when I was 4 (and a pole in primary but wasn't hospital worthy) But the one that takes the cake is putting my hand on a powersaw (though it may have been a sander, some sort of power tool) and slicing it open, I was pretty young at the time so I don't really remember, but the scar has been there for as long as I can recall.

In 5th grade, one of my friends at the time was swiping her hand around like a cat for some strange reason and she happened to scratch my chin with her sharp nail. It stung so much. >.<
Oh, and about 5 years ago I broke my right thumb nail in half trying to get a piece of clear tape. It was from the 99c store and it just wouldn't rip on the metal part so I kept pulling on it. It was the absolute worst pain I've ever felt and I almost fainted.

Hey everyone~ Here's the next question for y'all!

If you could go back in time and change one (and only one) decision you made, would you do it? What would it be and why?

For me it would probably be taking some insane number over 20 of credits my last semester of community college. I burned myself out so badly that I had to leave school for like two years soon after that. I think that would've saved me a lot of time in my life, or at least gotten me to this current point in my life a lot faster.

I won't go into too many details, as it involves some internet drama, but a few years ago, I admittedly did some bad, stupid things to someone to get back at them for stuff they did to me. I wish I could have handled it better and not resorted to doing what I did. That's all I can say on the subject without breaking potential rules here, and I won't name names. Besides, I'm still trying to move on from it. But man, do I wish I could have stopped myself from being such an idiot.

I wish I had withdrawn from Biology 2 class 3 semesters ago instead of getting an F. I was just a day late from the withdrawal period. My GPA is still great, I just hate seeing that F on my grades list.

If you could go back in time and change one (and only one) decision you made, would you do it? What would it be and why?

If I could change a decision? It's definitely that I didn't come out of my shell sooner in high school, I didn't have many friends or do much other than classwork. If I'd been more active and taken any opportunities that came along I may have enjoyed high school more and felt better about myself.

Colliding with my mother who was standing by the door talking to a friend. I just rammed into her. Broke my foot. Ouch.

Being so obsessed with hiding who I am just so people would accept me in middle school. It's not like they liked who I was while hiding everything they found weird and childish anyway. It's super refreshing to become more open about who I am and what I like as I meet new people now but I wish I had realised that sooner. People who only like me if I adapt to their preferences and interesters aren't worth my time.

Back
Top Bottom