• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Compilation Series: Pocket Monsters Anime Premier 10

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Here is a translation of the news by Dephender.

Will you watch episode 1 after watching the movie?! Will you watch the movie after watching episode 1?!

We've decided to air "Pokemon episode 1", which was screened during the emergency meeting held by Team Rocket to commemorate the premiere of "Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You!", on broadcast television! During the TV show "Pocket Monsters Anime Premier 10", which will consist of 10 episodes and will start airing on the TV Tokyo network starting July 23rd, we will rebroadcast memorable episodes from the older TV series, chosen by celebrity Pokémon fans and prominent people related to the franchise.

For the monumental first week, we'll show the first episode, "Pokémon! I Choose You!" This episode was selected by Kunihiko Yuyama.

You can watch this nostalgic first episode of the TV series after watching the movie, or you can go to the theatre after watching the first episode of the TV series. Either way, this is a long awaited project that will make your eyes completely overflow with emotional tears both two and three times! Definitely look forward to it!

"Pocket Monsters Anime Premier 10" Starts on the TV Tokyo Network Sunday July 23rd and airs for 10 weeks.
Airs every Sunday from 1:35 to 2:05
*The show will air on Tv Aichi, TV Hokkaido, TV Setouchi and TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting at this time as well.
*It will air on TV Osaka every Monday from 25:05 to 25:35 starting Monday July 24th.

Episodes will be selected by Kanata Hongo, Shiori Sato, Shoko Nakagawa, Rica Matsumoto, Ikue Ohtani, Director Kunihiko Yuyama and more.

Last edited:
I've seen that before in other timetables for late-night anime - for instance, 24:30, meaning 00:30. I think Playerking's right in taking it to be 1:35 AM to 2:05 AM.

I've seen that before in other timetables for late-night anime - for instance, 24:30, meaning 00:30. I think Playerking's right in taking it to be 1:35 AM to 2:05 AM.
Yeah, I just learned of OtakuClock. I fail to see how this system is less confusing, but to each their own.

Is that according to Japanese time? Sounds very late.
Yeah, that's probably because they're old episodes, so there's no point in putting old episodes in a prime time slot, but since Pokemon is primarily marketed to children, I've got to ask, what kind of children are up at 1:35 in the morning?

But but but young people don't know about old episodes and don't care about them! Misty can't be around because 5 year olds don't know her!!!2111!

I just hope the episodes are posted, it will be interesting to see which ones are chosen. But I'm expecting Pikachu gyms + Sad episodes + Serena because Shokotan.

Are the standard definition episodes they pick going to be similarly remastered like the first episode?

And the naive, hopeful side of me that I can't seem to kill is finding this interesting, combined with recent events. I forget, was that poll that happened recently asking which old companions viewers wanted to see back an official thing? And I seem to recall a line of merchandise being announced recently depicting all of Ash's former female traveling companions. And what was the general reaction to no old characters in M20 in Japan? Was it negative? And *if* you take the words of that recent interview about M20 at face value about them considering an all-star movie........

Look I know this is just a silly promotional thing and it means absolutely nothing. If they wanted to bring back the old characters in a significant way they just passed on the biggest chance they'll have in years. All I'm saying is.................could all of this be a way of gauging how much of an interest there is in seeing older characters again, and how much of that interest can be turned into profit?

Probably not, but it's fun to dream!

Yo staff, how 'bout some new Chronicles?

Are the standard definition episodes they pick going to be similarly remastered like the first episode?

And the naive, hopeful side of me that I can't seem to kill is finding this interesting, combined with recent events. I forget, was that poll that happened recently asking which old companions viewers wanted to see back an official thing? And I seem to recall a line of merchandise being announced recently depicting all of Ash's former female traveling companions. And what was the general reaction to no old characters in M20 in Japan? Was it negative? And *if* you take the words of that recent interview about M20 at face value about them considering an all-star movie........

Look I know this is just a silly promotional thing and it means absolutely nothing. If they wanted to bring back the old characters in a significant way they just passed on the biggest chance they'll have in years. All I'm saying is.................could all of this be a way of gauging how much of an interest there is in seeing older characters again, and how much of that interest can be turned into profit?

Probably not, but it's fun to dream!

The fact they seriously considered a reunion movie suggests that at least some of the staff gives a crap about the old characters. But it seems like the higher ups - Yuyama probably included - think Ash and Pikachu are The Only Characters Who Count.

I bet a changing of the guard could do wonders.

That does make sense. Every reference we have had post-BW has been little things animators or script writers sneak in instead anything big like a character returning.

But before this veers off too much into continuity talk I wonder what episodes they'll pick. There doesn't seem to be a real theme other than episodes this group is fond of. I'm guessing EP001 counts as part of the ten? My guess is maybe
EP001
EP002 for introducing the Rocket trio
EP039 for being a big "emotional" Ash and Pikachu moment
AG109 for being remembered as one of the most emotional episodes (and that was one of the descriptions these episodes had)
DP074 for continuing the "Pikachu doesn't want to evolve" thing, I only put this because Ikue Ohtani is part of the people who pick the episodes and she might be partial to Pikachu-centric episodes.
DP142 for being one of the most well-remembered filler episodes
DP186/187/188 for being what a lot of people consider to be one of the best battles in the franchise, not sure which one they would pick though.
BW122 for being...the end of the Plasma arc? I for the life of me can't think of which Best Wishes ones they would use, none of them stood out to me as seeming like they would be memorable to this group.
XY060 for Serena's first Showcase/her emotional haircut. I only put this down because I hear Shoko Nakagawa is a big Serena fan.
XY131 for being the end Kalos league (?)

Of course I'm sure I'm wrong and I'd be lucky to have correctly guessed three of these. They also could do any of the departure episodes (perhaps the Butterfree episode?), anything dealing with Chimchar or Ash-Greninja, or anything focusing on the old companions. And if they don't choose EP002 I'm almost positive there will be at least one Rocket-centered episode on here. Also since they said "older tv series" I'm assuming that means no Sun&Moon episodes...? If they were to choose one though it would probably be SM020.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom