• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Complete My Team!

DCM

Man Skilled In All Ways of Contending
Reaction score
What is the point of this thread? It's for you to post and ask other members which Pokemon could complete your team. I'm going to post an example but since a lot of you do this anyways I doubt I have to.

Example:
Hi I'm building a Sandstorm team in OU. I have Tyranitar as a lead, Vaporeon as a special wall and to take the water attacks, I have Heatran as a Special Sweeper, Skarm as a Physical wall and pHazer...I was wondering if you could give me 2 Pokemon that might fit well with this team and could help me with my strategy of blah blah blah stalling or something.

So someone could be like oh get Hippowdon with this set:
Hippowdon (D/P) - Smogon University
and Gliscor with this set: Gliscor (D/P) - Smogon University

Then you can go on and post a RMT thread with a full complete team.

This is better... because it's new... and shiny.

Err..is it okay to post now? I'm building a Mono-Ground Team for a different forum's Gym League, and I already have 5 Pokemon but need help determining the 6th member. It's not required to be a Ground type but I need something that can work well in a Sandstorm.

HippoWall
450.png

Hippowdon
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Slack Off, Ice Fang/Roar

I use both Roar and Ice Fang and switch depending on whether or not my opponent has an Excadrill and Gliscor. He sets up the usual sandstorm and stealth rock.

Dancing Mole
Spr_5b_530.png

Excadrill
Item: Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
IVs: 31 Atk, 31 Spe
Swords Dance, EQ, Rock Slide, Rapid Spin/Return

Predictable sweeper is predictable, but oh well, he's strong. I switch between Rapid Spin to get rid of Spikes or SR if I know my opponent's packing it and Return if they are not.

Swords Dragon
Spr_5b_445_m.png

Garchomp
Item: Yache Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
IVs: 31 Atk
SD, Dragon Claw, EQ, Substitute

I chose Substitute to stack with Sand Veil to try and avoid damage while I set up and sweep. Yache Berry is for less damage from Ice Beam/Ice Fang/Ice Shard. I know Leftovers is probably better with Substitute but I'm not expecting him to last that long.

Defenscor
Spr_5b_472.png

Gliscor
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
Protect, Toxic, EQ, Facade/Ice Fang

Seeing the success of my Vaporeon in my previous Water team, I decided to try again with a Gliscor. I switch between Facade and IF depending on other Dragons and such.

Polish Genie
Spr_5b_645.png

Landorus
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Sand Force
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Spe
Stone Edge, HP-Ice, EQ, Rock Polish

Went for the Rock Polish to increase speed and to have HP Ice to deal with opposing Gliscor and Dragons.

The last one I already have 2 ideas for, but I'm not sure and I'm open to options. I'm mostly looking for a Special Sweeper, though.

Specs Lucario
Spr_5b_448.png

Lucario
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
IVs: 30 SpA
Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, Vacuum Wave, HP Ice

Trapperbot
462.png

Magnezone
Item: Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Timid
EVs: 40 HP/252 SPA/216 Spe
HP-Fire, Flash Cannon, Thunderbolt, Substitute

Magnescreen
462.png

Magnezone
Item: Light Clay
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/96 Def/162 SpD
Relfect, HP-Fire, Volt Change, Light Screen

I would use Magnezone, Trapperbot. Simply because Ferrothorn would be annoying and you want something to handle water types (that may also have ice type moves)

I would use Magnezone, Trapperbot. Simply because Ferrothorn would be annoying and you want something to handle water types (that may also have ice type moves)
True, true. I don't have anything that can take down Water types w/ Ice Beam.
Well, what have you had trouble with so far?
I haven't gotten the team finished yet, as I'm waiting on a trade to get my Gligar so I haven't been abled to test out the team yet.
Now you can use both Lucario and Magnezone
?

Darmanitan, Lilligant, Milotic, Togekiss and Musharna or Reuniclus. 6th member ideas, please? ='D This is planning before I EV train them so I don't have a huge amount of experience with the dynamics yet. I'm very, very new to preparing a team for competitive battling and I tend to work on the belief that a strong offence is the best defence.

It's difficult to choose a team member without knowing what roles each member plays, can we have a bit more info? unless you're only looking for type balance.

It's difficult to choose a team member without knowing what roles each member plays, can we have a bit more info? unless you're only looking for type balance.

Type balance. I'm going to do more snooping about EV training before I figure out what I'd like each of them to do in terms of specific roles.

He means that chomp has been banned and one of ur spot is now vacant..

Ah. Well, our rules let us have have Chomp OR Mence on our teams but only one, so he's still in my team. Thanks for clearing that up.

I tend to work on the belief that a strong offence is the best defence.

The thing is, your team isn't offensive enough to be able to sacrifice defense. Are you willing to change up your members if you want to achieve this.

The thing is, your team isn't offensive enough to be able to sacrifice defense. Are you willing to change up your members if you want to achieve this.

I'm not saying I'd totally ignore defence - I always look at stats and allocate EVs appropriately just on a base level (though I tend to tweak towards offensive spreads and sets anyway), but I would be willing to consider changing any members other than Milotic if it really cannot be done, though I'd like to keep the same types if possible. I just didn't want to get too deep into it beyond choosing a sixth member in this thread.

Milotic is the member I am talking about, it's outclassed by a lot of pokemon.

To be fair, I don't intend to become some sort of competitive battling champion. I try to be realistic, but I also like to use Pokemon I actually like. I suppose is doesn't matter if my Pokemon of choice aren't up to scratch to start with. Never mind, thanks anyway. ^^'

To be fair, I don't intend to become some sort of competitive battling champion. I try to be realistic, but I also like to use Pokemon I actually like. I suppose is doesn't matter if my Pokemon of choice aren't up to scratch to start with. Never mind, thanks anyway. ^^'

Don't worry about it. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of that. You may what to try it as a pivot on an offensive team, maybe even Sunny Day.

Hmm... Well, I had been considering using Blastoise but I'd settled on Milotic. Would that be any better? If not I'll see what I can do with what you've already told me.

Just with Milotic, many water types outclass in many aspects. Azumarill, Vaporeon, Rotom-W, and Suicune all hit harder. And the Latter three are bulkier, and all have a niche they could use, Vaporeon can use HydraRest or provide team support, Rotom-W has only one weakness with good stabs, Suicune has great defensive stats. Azumarill has a great niche as a revenge killer. The only benefit that Milotic has is a one turn recovery that works outside of rain, but even then, it's not that useful of a niche. Blastoise could rapid spin, but otherwise, it's not that great.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom