• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Complete My Team!

I'm building a single player team in Black 2, and so far it consists of: espeon, serperior, keldeo(resolute forme), zoroark, and lampent.
Any tips on a sixth member?

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation! How did I not think to use a flygon? :confused: It has great stats, gets STAB for ground moves AND learns some pretty darn good ones via level up(best I have on my team right now is dig :sweatlol:), is part dragon(which is awesome), and I'll FINALLY have something that can learn fly (yeah.... Six badges in, and I don't have a flying pokemon yet....I R SMRT :dumb:)! Good thing I have my Ruby version flygon in my white(1) PC. :ksmile:

* One trade later*

Okay, now my team is finally complete! Thank you, GatoRage!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

My little sister bought pokémon white. I am making her team but I don't know which pokémon I am going to choose.
These are the pokémon that we already have.

Servine
Venipede
Vanillite

I was thinking about a swamp team.

Tympole
Petilil

Any Ideas?

GReetings Robin Storm.

Hi folks, just a brief request for advice. I'm setting up what hopefully will be my 'main game' on Black2 and am having trouble picking the sixth team member. My team to this point has been Dewott, Lucario, Hydreigon, Galvantula, and Arcanine.

Here are my concerns. I'm most worried about having a good switch-in for Water attacks or for Fighting attacks, it shouldn't duplicate types already on the team, it should preferably be from the 5th gen Pokémon, and it can't be a Legendary Pokémon. Now, I would pick Jellicent, who satisfies all but one of those requirements, but I'm not going to replace Dewott. I'd pick Amoonguss, who also satisfies those requirements, but I'm not very fond of Amoonguss. So far I'm most interested in making Golurk my #6, but it would make the team even weaker to Water types.

This is for in-game (things like PWT and casual Wi-Fi at most) mind you, so it doesn't need to be a big name Pokémon in competitive play. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Other than Amoonguss, there is no fifth generation pokemon that resists both fighting and water while not duplicating any types on your team. But quite honestly, you should just use Golurk. The prime reason being you want to, but also that two weaknesses to water on one team isn't bad at all. I have competitive teams that have more pokemon weak to the same type than your team.

I'm stumped on what to fill out my trick room team with. So far, the team consists of the following:

Reuniclus
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Quiet
Item: Life Orb
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Sp. ATK, 4 DEF
Moves: Trick Room, Psychic, Thunder, Recover

Katherine (Escavalier)
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Brave
Item: Shell Bell
EV's: 252 HP, 252 ATK, 4 Sp. DEF
Moves: Swords Dance, Megahorn, Pursuit, Iron Head

Ferrothorn
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Relaxed
Item: Focus Sash
EV's: Having trouble remembering right now but I think it's 252 HP, 252 DEF, 4 Sp. DEF.
Moves: Spikes, Power Whip, Explosion, Leech Seed

Machamp
Ability: No Guard
Item: Choice Band
EV's: 252 HP, 252 ATK, 4 DEF
Moves: Dynamic Punch, Stone Edge, Fire Punch, Ice Punch

Slowking
Ability: Regenerator
Item: Leftovers (for the time being, the sixth member of this team may snatch that up, then I'd hafta think of something better.)
Moves: Trick Room, Flamethrower, Scald, Nasty Plot

And that brings me to the gaping hole in my team. Just don't know what to stick there. I was thinking Spiritomb because I think he's pretty neat but too slow to do any good in a non-trick room team, but the more I look at him, the less thrilled I am with him. I'm a huge fan of golurk, and his speed fits the theme, but I've already got a couple strong physical sweepers an I don't think I can afford any more dark/ghost weaknesses. While we're on the subject of things I can't afford more of, fire weaknesses. I like steel types a little too much, so I need to make a conscious effort to stay away from saturating my teams with them. (bronzong had been a contestant before slowking showed up) I was thinking maybe some kind of special wall is in order, I do have some fantastic Blissey breeding stock left over from when I got one for my friend but, *shrug* I dunno.

Anyhow, just looking for some fresh perspective. Can anyone help a guy out?

[EDIT] I'm looking though a few things and I've narrowed it down some. I keep looking at Togekiss. It's way faster than anything else I've got, but I'm thinking maybe that wouldn't be such a terrible thing. Can anyone talk me into it or suggest something better?

Last edited:
I'm stumped on what to fill out my trick room team with. So far, the team consists of the following:

Reuniclus
Ability: Magic Guard
Item: Life Orb
Moves: Trick Room, Psychic, Thunder, Recover

Katherine (Escavalier)
Ability: Shell Armor
Item: Shell Bell
EV's: 252 HP, 252 ATK, 4 Sp. DEF
Moves: Swords Dance, Megahorn, Pursuit, Iron Head

Ferrothorn
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Relaxed
Item: Focus Sash
EV's: Having trouble remembering right now but I think it's 252 HP, 252 DEF, 4 Sp. DEF.
Moves: Spikes, Power Whip, Explosion, Leech Seed

Machamp
Ability: No Guard
Item: Choice Band
EV's: 252 HP, 252 ATK, 4 DEF
Moves: Dynamic Punch, Stone Edge, Fire Punch, Ice Punch

Slowking
Ability: Regenerator
Item: Leftovers (for the time being, the sixth member of this team may snatch that up, then I'd hafta think of something better.)
Moves: Trick Room, Flamethrower, Scald, Nasty Plot

And that brings me to the gaping hole in my team. Just don't know what to stick there. I was thinking Spiritomb because I think he's pretty neat but too slow to do any good in a non-trick room team, but the more I look at him, the less thrilled I am with him. I'm a huge fan of golurk, and his speed fits the theme, but I've already got a couple strong physical sweepers an I don't think I can afford any more dark/ghost weaknesses. While we're on the subject of things I can't afford more of, fire weaknesses. I like steel types a little too much, so I need to make a conscious effort to stay away from saturating my teams with them. (bronzong had been a contestant before slowking showed up) I was thinking maybe some kind of special wall is in order, I do have some fantastic Blissey breeding stock left over from when I got one for my friend but, *shrug* I dunno.

Anyhow, just looking for some fresh perspective. Can anyone help a guy out?

[EDIT] I'm looking though a few things and I've narrowed it down some. I keep looking at Togekiss. It's way faster than anything else I've got, but I'm thinking maybe that wouldn't be such a terrible thing. Can anyone talk me into it or suggest something better?

I've used a Chandalure on a TR team to counter Esavalier's Fire weakness and Ferrothorn's Fire-Fighting weakness and it's relatively fast as well.

Now I've been toying with ideas for a (doubles) team that wins with tricky tactics and strange strategies. Here are four Pokemon I've thought of already (don't actually have in-game)

Mienshao
Item:Sitrus berry???
Drain punch
Rock slide
Substitute
Batton pass

The whole point of this one ts to pass a Sub to another member while recovering health with Regenorator. I've put Drain punch and Rock slide on there to fight if all it's allies get KOed

Togekiss
Item:Leftovers
Air cutter (Gen 4 tutor)
Heat wave
Follow me
(Recovery move)

This 'mon is for A:to use Follow me to stop opponents who could potentially OHKO Mien and B:Endure the opponents' attacks and hit back, although not as hard.

Gengar
Item:Focus sash
Shadow baall
Dark pulse
Giga drain
Sludge wave/bomb (wave for hitting two opponents, bomb for hitting one opponent but not the ally)

This one is mainly a Illusion disguise for Zoroark but also a special sweeper.

Zoroark
Item:Wise glasses (for as mush damage as possable)
Night daze (or Dark pulse for purposes of the Illusion)
Flanethrower
Focus blast
Shadow ball (Illusion purposes)

As I said earlier, Zoroark will probaly come out disguised as Gengar to get a free attack by enduring the opponent's not very effective Dark/Ghost type attack/ineffective Psychic attack.

This team is for tournies from the official site where you select four of your 'mons to battle four of your opponents' 'mons

Any help welcome:)

Now I've been toying with ideas for a (doubles) team that wins with tricky tactics and strange strategies. Here are four Pokemon I've thought of already (don't actually have in-game)
. . .
This team is for tournies from the official site where you select four of your 'mons to battle four of your opponents' 'mons

Any help welcome:)

The main problem I see is a general vulnerability to the pseudo-legendaries. What will you do if someone comes at you with a Choice Scarfed Garchomp?
I'd suggest swapping out the Gengar for a Froslass, who can learn Ice Beam (as a Dragon counter) and is extremely fast to boot. It's still Ghost-type, so the Zorua strategy might still work— and Froslass with a substitute passed to it is deadly, especially if it can set up Hail.

tornadus-i @ sharp beak; 252 spd/252 satk/6 sdef | timid
hurricane | tailwind | focus blast | u-turn

ferrothorn @ leftovers; 252 hp/88 def/168 sdef | impish
stealth rock | spikes | gyro ball | power whip

keldeo-r @ choice specs; 252 spd/252 satk/6 sdef | timid
hydro pump | hidden power ghost | secret sword | icy wind

politoed @ choice scarf; 252 spd/252 satk/6 sdef | timid
hydro pump | encore | toxic | ice beam

breloom @ life orb; 4 hp/252 atk/252 spd | adamant
mach punch | spore | low sweep | bullet seed

need something to patch up my dragon weakness and lure in celebi. i've been using alakazam with focus blast/psyshock/hp ice/signal beam for the job and it does it well enough, but i'm wondering if there's something slightly better for me to use. by the way, i'm very aware that this team lacks a reliable fighting resistance and i want to remedy this -- perhaps landorus-t would be suitable? patches up a really brutal scarf terrakion weak, too. might try that out tbh, since it kind of mollifies the pressure put on ferrothorn to lay down hazards. any other suggestions, though?

edit: encore scarf politoed allows me to not auto-lose to dd dragonite when it has multiscale up, and toxic ruins bulky waters bar vaporeon in rain and the rare sleep talk gyarados, i think. since tornadus-t was banned some time ago, no one really expects scarf politoed. it's so cheeky!! outspeeds and kills things that the other members of the team might not be able to, too (namely tornadus-i, gengar, and alakazam). breloom and tornadus-i, in the first rendition of this team, primarily function as wallbreakers: i almost never spore first-turn with breloom like most people, so this allows me to kill my opponent's sleep fodder, then put something else to sleep. it's the only way i've ever used breloom (i haven't actually used the little guy since adv). tornadus pounds things not named jirachi with hurricane and focus blast, and has the added advantage of being able to switch moves over specs tornadus. this allows me to dispatch tyranitar quite easily. ferrothorn is the generic sponge for most attacks and a general pivot switch, and i only use it most of the time as a bait for my opponent's fire user or to lay down stealth rock. specs keldeo in rain is just ridiculous and will 2hko tentacruel with any prior damage, and can ohko offensive starmie with hydro pump. in the end, the team's primary goal is just to kill things with the water pony, but due to the team's highly offensive nature, keldeo is by no means the only route to victory, especially considering that i have a tornadus. politoed is mostly for support: against people who are actually good, i find myself being extremely cautious with it because losing the weather war certainly inconveniences me, even if it's by no means insurmountable. breloom is probably the most valuable member of the team next to keldeo: it provides spore, which helps immensely against stall, and provides me with my only means of priority on this team. if you use alakazam in the last slot, you have an extra lifeline against most set-up sweepers, namely dd dragonite and sd garchomp. for some reason, no one really expects signal beam despite the fact that zam literally has no reason to use shadow ball when jellicent is pressured enough by most members on the team and the fact that psyshock hurts sdef jellicent pretty badly. not only that, but the difference in damage output between shadow ball and signal beam is fairly negligible and it hits celebi harder than anything else in zam's repertoire -- that's invaluable, considering that i have a specs keldeo waiting in the wings. notwithstanding the advantages of using alakazam, with it there's a noticeable dearth of a defensive backbone for the team, ferrothorn being the only pokemon on the team with considerable bulk (keldeo and politoed are debatable, i feel) and a well-played terrakion will simply annihilate the team. with landorus-t, i'll have more of a defensive backbone -- id est, i'll be more capable of handling some of the most eminent threats in the metagame in exchange for some speed and special muscle, but i feel that with landorus-t, i won't really miss it.

thinking:

landorus-t @ leftovers; max hp/~241 spd/rest in def | adamant
stealth rock or gravity | earthquake | hidden power ice | u-turn

double u-turn is one of my favorite things to have on a team. you can never have enough of it -- it's probably the least punishable damage-dealing move in the game, especially on something as fat as landorus-t. even with adamant, hp ice does enough damage to the point where something else can finish the targeted pokemon off even if landorus dies. fortunately, he can take more than one hit fairly often.

i don't know all that much about competitive pokemon, as a disclaimer.

Last edited:
Why do you need a Celebi lure? Breloom is the perfect Celebi lure... Also, I suggest you change Tornadus-I's item to Life Orb.

I'd suggest Jellicent for your final teamslot. The Ghost/Water typing gives you double STAB in rain and the ghost immunity. It can learn Ice Beam, but Jelli tends to do best as a specially defensive wall, so it won't hit that hard. I'd suggest this set.... (you might want to check smogon for other options, but it's not up right now, so.... yeah).

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Bold
Cursed Body
248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Recover
~ Scald
~ Taunt

This one works as a physical wall because you mentioned that you needed a counter to dragons and most of those run physical sets. Jelli runs a good specially defensive set too, though.

Why do you need a Celebi lure? Breloom is the perfect Celebi lure... Also, I suggest you change Tornadus-I's item to Life Orb.

I'd suggest Jellicent for your final teamslot. The Ghost/Water typing gives you double STAB in rain and the ghost immunity. It can learn Ice Beam, but Jelli tends to do best as a specially defensive wall, so it won't hit that hard. I'd suggest this set.... (you might want to check smogon for other options, but it's not up right now, so.... yeah).

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Bold
Cursed Body
248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Recover
~ Scald
~ Taunt

This one works as a physical wall because you mentioned that you needed a counter to dragons and most of those run physical sets. Jelli runs a good specially defensive set too, though.

i just like having a lure on most of my teams to be honest. even though i probably don't need one, especially since specs keldeo has asinine strength, i just like having one to bait out and kill celebi or damage it to the point where it can't really stomach two of celebi's hits and live. nonetheless, you're definitely right when you say i don't need a lure.

you're right when you say that breloom is a good celebi lure, especially considering that i have both low sweep and spore, which puts the little onion bulb under a lot of pressure. i like the idea of jellicent, especially since i have entry hazards and with both stealth rock and spikes i feel it's sort of imperative to have a spinblocker. cursed body is a lot of fun, too; i run that set when i use jellicent, although i use more speed (usually ~68 to outpace other jellies). however, what do you think of landorus-therian? with the (rather notable) exception of the lati twins, i feel like it would handle dragons more competently than jellicent, having intimidate and whatnot, and hidden power ice to hit dragonite, salamence, and garchomp 4x effectively off of a solid 105 base special attack; despite the -satk nature, it still 2hkos all of them iirc, or puts them into ko range for either breloom or politoed. i feel like that would be more reliable than will-o-wisp to dispatch dragons, but i'm not sure.

i'll try out both, since i feel like the alakazam i'm using isn't exactly optimal. i'm of the conviction that every team needs a reliable fighting resistance lest it be shit on by terrakion. thanks for your suggestion, i'm going to use it now.

re: life orb on tornadus-i, it's something that i considered, but it puts the genie on a timer... which, especially without a spinner and wish support, isn't a switch i'm inclined to make. not only that, but life orb betrays itself instantly, whereas sharp beak tornadus functions almost like a 'lure' (there i am with that word again). i can kill something with hurricane, then smash their tyranitar with focus blast -- provided i hit, of course. i'm not exactly well-versed with teams like this, so thank you for your help.

Last edited:
i just like having a lure on most of my teams to be honest. even though i probably don't need one, especially since specs keldeo has asinine strength, i just like having one to bait out and kill celebi or damage it to the point where it can't really stomach two of celebi's hits and live. nonetheless, you're definitely right when you say i don't need a lure.

you're right when you say that breloom is a good celebi lure, especially considering that i have both low sweep and spore, which puts the little onion bulb under a lot of pressure. i like the idea of jellicent, especially since i have entry hazards and with both stealth rock and spikes i feel it's sort of imperative to have a spinblocker. cursed body is a lot of fun, too; i run that set when i use jellicent, although i use more speed (usually ~68 to outpace other jellies). however, what do you think of landorus-therian? with the (rather notable) exception of the lati twins, i feel like it would handle dragons more competently than jellicent, having intimidate and whatnot, and hidden power ice to hit dragonite, salamence, and garchomp 4x effectively off of a solid 105 base special attack; despite the -satk nature, it still 2hkos all of them iirc, or puts them into ko range for either breloom or politoed. i feel like that would be more reliable than will-o-wisp to dispatch dragons, but i'm not sure.

i'll try out both, since i feel like the alakazam i'm using isn't exactly optimal. i'm of the conviction that every team needs a reliable fighting resistance lest it be shit on by terrakion. thanks for your suggestion, i'm going to use it now.

re: life orb on tornadus-i, it's something that i considered, but it puts the genie on a timer... which, especially without a spinner and wish support, isn't a switch i'm inclined to make. not only that, but life orb betrays itself instantly, whereas sharp beak tornadus functions almost like a 'lure' (there i am with that word again). i can kill something with hurricane, then smash their tyranitar with focus blast -- provided i hit, of course. i'm not exactly well-versed with teams like this, so thank you for your help.

When I say that Breloom is the perfect Celebi lure, it's because it can't touch Celebi. Natural Cure trumps spore and Celebi resists both Breloom's STAB's.

As for Landorus-T... I personally prefer the defensive approach to the offensive approach, but Landorus-T would work against the physical dragons. It would work for the Lati's too, so long as they aren't scarfed too.

And for the Tornadus... I understand where you are coming from, but your team is rather offensively inclined. You don't have a dedicated stallbreaker. Yes LO recoil will put him on a timer, but he's already on a timer because you have few options against a defense oriented team. The Sharp Beak will give him a slightly longer life, but less power. Though if you need that power, Sharp Beak works I suppose.

I'm making a (VGC doubles) team that's based around Togekiss and Whimsicott support. I'm in need of a few good attackers to round it out, though.

Here's what I have so far:

Togekiss+Serene Grace; Calm; Lum Berry
198 HP, 8 Def, 252 SDef, 52 Spd
Air Slash, Follow Me, Roost, Tailwind

Whimsicott+Prankster; item not determined
spread not determined; likely defensive
Protect, Encore or Taunt, Tailwind, U-Turn

Mienshao+Inner Focus; Flying Gem
spread not determined; probably 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Fake Out, Wide Guard, Acrobatics, Drain Punch or Low Kick

Tentacruel+Liquid Ooze; Naive; item not determined
forgot the exact spread but it's something like 180 SAtk, 240 SDef, 80 Spd
Protect, Sludge Bomb, Scald, Ice Beam

???

???

Togekiss is there for basic Follow Me support, as is Whimsicott for Prankster support (its U-Turn will let it duck out if Taunted). Both have Tailwind, speeding up any slower Pokémon that might go in the last two slots (and letting the jump be gotten on many scarfed Pokémon.) Mienshao is there to protect either of the previous two from spread moves that can ruin their day, as well as an attacker. Meanwhile, Tentacruel is a fairly good special tank, and has coverage against everything Whimsicott is weak to.

As for what else, any suggestions will do, but I was thinking something powerful. It occurs to me I'll probably need at least one more physical attacker... the last slot could have anything. Any thoughts?

Hi, I really have no clue what I'm doing so I thought this would be the perfect place for advice. I'm making a team of some-sort, and I'm completely lost on where to go with it. I'm thinking a possible rain team, but this is what I have so far.

Seaking (Lightning Rod)+ Mystic Water or Life Orb
Waterfall
Return
Megahorn
Poison Jab
EV's
252 Attack / 156 Speed / 100 Special Defense

Lucario (Justified)+ Metronome
Bone Rush
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Extreme Speed
EV's
252 Attack / 130 Speed/ 126 Defense

Milotic (Marvel Scale) + Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Rest
Sleep Talk
EV's
252 HP / 172 Defense / 70 Special Attack

I do have Seaking set as my lead, so unless you recommend to completely scrap him, I'd love suggestions working around him/suggestions that cover my current weaknesses, and I would really like to take use of Lucario's Justified ability somehow, so I've also been contemplating a Dark type Pokemon. If my team is a mess right now, I'd really love to know. Any help I can get will be much appreciated, thanks!

Hi, I really have no clue what I'm doing so I thought this would be the perfect place for advice. I'm making a team of some-sort, and I'm completely lost on where to go with it. I'm thinking a possible rain team, but this is what I have so far.

Seaking (Lightning Rod)+ Mystic Water or Life Orb
Waterfall
Return
Megahorn
Poison Jab
EV's
252 Attack / 156 Speed / 100 Special Defense

Lucario (Justified)+ Metronome
Bone Rush
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Extreme Speed
EV's
252 Attack / 130 Speed/ 126 Defense

Milotic (Marvel Scale) + Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Rest
Sleep Talk
EV's
252 HP / 172 Defense / 70 Special Attack

I do have Seaking set as my lead, so unless you recommend to completely scrap him, I'd love suggestions working around him/suggestions that cover my current weaknesses, and I would really like to take use of Lucario's Justified ability somehow, so I've also been contemplating a Dark type Pokemon. If my team is a mess right now, I'd really love to know. Any help I can get will be much appreciated, thanks!

Hi! I took a look at your team, and I’m going to give you some criticism. Mind you, take this with a grain of salt – I’m not really that great of a player. Incidentally, I’m going to give you advice in OU as you have a Lucario and OU is the tier with which I have the most experience.

I’m not exactly sure what you’re going for with the three team members that you have. There isn’t much synergy between them. Immediately, I see Seaking, which just isn’t viable in standard play and is mediocre at best in virtually every tier; Lucario, a very viable Pokemon in the metagame right now; and Milotic, which, while usable, won’t accomplish much with the set that you’re using. I’m not saying this to be rude, but I’d seriously suggest scrapping the other two and just sticking with Lucario, which is a fairly solid Pokemon. My rationale behind this is that while Seaking does soak up Electric-type moves with impunity, its suboptimal offenses won’t allow it to take advantage of the Special Attack boost it gains with Lightningrod, while your Milotic set doesn’t really do much aside from occupying a teamslot and taking hits while not dishing out that much damage in return. Not a lot of things are going to actively be scared of Milotic’s 250-odd Special Attack, especially when it doesn’t pose any real threat without Scald. I’m not saying that Milotic is intrinsically a bad Pokemon, but your set just can’t do all that much in the face of all of the potent threats in the game right now.

One of my favorite combinations in the game is that of a Pursuit-weak Pokemon and Lucario – my personal favorites are Latias and Jellicent. Landorus and Keldeo are almost objectively the two best Pokemon in OU right now, and all of their checks (bar physically defensive Gastrodon in the case of Keldeo) are ruined by one Pokemon: Tyranitar. Tyranitar has and often runs Pursuit, which totally ruins Lati@s and can severely harm Jellicent if it doesn't move first and burn it. Both Latias and Jellicent check Keldeo, one of the most dangerous Pokemon in the game at the moment, while the former can also beat Landorus comfortably. They're also both weak to Pursuit, so I think the combination of Latias and Lucario would be an ideal one to use. This puts Tyranitar and company into a precarious position – in Tyranitar’s case in particular, it risks letting Latias switch out with impunity or affording Lucario a free set-up; perhaps even worse, it may Crunch and let Lucario get up to +3, at which point your opponent will have a difficult time keeping Lucario from sweeping their entire team. By the way, I’m not a fan of your Lucario set – try using Swords Dance / Extremespeed / Bullet Punch or Ice Punch / Close Combat with max Attack and Speed EVs and an Adamant Nature. Bone Rush simply isn’t a good move, especially not on Lucario; Ground-type coverage is not only redundant with its Fighting STAB, but Lucario has a better and more consistent Ground-type move in Earthquake (which isn’t really worth using itself) which Bone Rush will only outdamage 12.5% of the time. Due to its relative frailty, Lucario can't actually make use of any defense EVs you give him, so it's really better to go full out offensive. By the way, Metronome just isn't a good item. The increased damage output that Life Orb provides is far more consistent and much needed; even at the cost of 10% HP per turn, it's worth using over Metronome.

From here, you’re at liberty to choose your own members. You entertained the possibility of a Rain team, and I think it’s necessary that you realize the two types of rain teams: automatic rain (i.e., Drizzle) and manual rain (i.e., teams that function via Rain Dance users). Note that manual Rain is only a viable playstyle (and even then, only barely) because Swift Swim and Drizzle is an impermissible combination in OU as of now, so if you don’t plan on using Kingdra or Ludicolo, I would advise you to use automatic rain instead. Although there are obvious perquisites to manual rain (Kingdra is absolutely ridiculous against Rain teams; just get Ferrothorn out of the way and you pretty much auto-win, though that’s usually easier said than done). Naturally, permarain mandates that you have to use Politoed, an admittedly mediocre Pokemon. Notable offensive rain abusers in permarain include Vaporeon (be it the Toxic/Rest Hydration set or a full-out offensive set), Thundurus-T, Jolteon, Toxicroak, and Rotom-W. If you’re feeling risky and/or cheeky, you could also try Sharpedo, a devastating Pokemon in Rain with Waterfall, Crunch, and Earthquake or Zen Headbutt. Defensive abusers would be Ferrothorn (it’s a total pain if Fire-type moves are your best means of dealing with it), Tentacruel, and Perish Song Politoed, though it doesn’t actively “abuse” rain. If you don’t want to use rain, then you have other options, of course. Look at Smogon’s analyses, namely the OU section, and see what appeals to you and has good synergy with the rest of your team members.

To be blunt, Seaking is just a bad idea if you intend on competing seriously in Overused. If you’re absolutely set on Milotic, though, I’d advise changing its set to Scald / Dragon Tail / Recover / Magic Coat, Ice Beam, or Toxic with max HP and Defense and a Bold nature. Magic Coat allows you to hoist dumb Breloom with their own petard and, with smart play, can put a considerable amount of pressure on the opponent by bouncing back their entry hazards. It’s a fun set and might appeal to you. Toxic is great for obvious reasons and isn’t a staple on bulky waters without due reason. Dragon Tail allows you to force out certain opponents if you’re into that, but I’d only recommend it if you have entry hazards (meaning Stealth Rock and/or Spikes).

I hope you found my input helpful. It’s nearly midnight and I know some of this might not be sound, but other people can correct my errors if they find any.

Last edited:
I want to know if you guy can find a last guy for my team I use for standard wifi
heatran timid air balloon
Dragon pulse
Fire blast
Earth power
Taunt

latios bold choice speck
Draco metor
Psyshock
???
Surf

Hippowdon impish rocky helmet
Earthquake
Ice fang
Stealth rocks
Slack off

Ferrothorn relaxed leftovers
Leach seed
Gyro ball
Protect
Power whip

Jellicent bold ???
Scald
Recover
Toxic
Shadow ball

Don't know what my last guy is but I used smgon for the sets you can find them there but any thing helps

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom