• Hey all! We've started our annual Halloween shenanigans. See details here and here, and be sure to check out our new "Monster Mash" forum skin. Happy Halloween, everyone!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Concepts for my Starter trio.

guynasen

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Heya. I came up with concepts for a starter trio but I am awful at art and wanted to get these ideas out of my head somehow so here we are.

1. Fire/Steel type. A cow with one of those nose rings and a color scheme of dark reds and gray. Based on how the earth's core is hot, but solid due to how dense it is down there.
2. Water/Fighting type. A penguin whose flippers are coated in sharp ice, making it very adept at karate, able to cut through most materials with ease.
3. Grass/Fairy type. A fox with grass-like fur that has flowers on it. Compassionate and just, it uses its plant-manipulating powers to steal from the rich and give to the poor.

Bigfoot_the_Pokémon

#000 in the Pokédex
Reaction score
That's pretty good.

The Water type -- there's already the Piplup line, but there have been multiple turtles and monkeys. You also said that the flippers were covered in ice, so should it be a Water/Ice type?

guynasen

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Ah, well... I wanted to make use of a type triangle no one talks about that I really like, that being Steel-Fairy-Fighting. I knew Piplup already existed but I liked the other two so much that I didn't wanna swap around the types and couldn't come up with anything better for a Water-Fighting type. I was thinking maybe it could be a different species of penguin like a Rockhopper or something and its Pokedex entries can say that it and Empoleon are frequent training partners. I dunno.

SmolDawn

Spooky Chibi
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/her
Fire/Steel type. A cow with one of those nose rings and a color scheme of dark reds and gray. Based on how the earth's core is hot, but solid due to how dense it is down there.
Wow when I created my own starters I came up with a fire/steel type cow as well, what a coincidence.

Bigfoot_the_Pokémon

#000 in the Pokédex
Reaction score
Ah, well... I wanted to make use of a type triangle no one talks about that I really like, that being Steel-Fairy-Fighting. I knew Piplup already existed but I liked the other two so much that I didn't wanna swap around the types and couldn't come up with anything better for a Water-Fighting type. I was thinking maybe it could be a different species of penguin like a Rockhopper or something and its Pokedex entries can say that it and Empoleon are frequent training partners. I dunno.
That penguin concept is actually kind of smart! There are more than one penguin species, after all. I've also tried making starter trios that take advantage of different typings, and Steel/Fairy/Fighting makes sense.