• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: Concerts you have been to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lise

Reaction score
List the concerts you have been to and tell about your favourite ones of them :)

Concerts I have been to:

Iron Maiden
Red Warszawa
D.A.D
Avenged Sevenfold
Carpark North
Nephew
Volbeat
Runrig
Back in Black (ACDC coverband)
Uriah Heap
Slade
The Sweet

My favourite ones are the concerts I've been to by Iron Maiden, Red Warszawa and D.A.D, because they always manage to kick up an amazing mood :) You can't really compare those bands to each other though, they're way too different :p But really good at each their genre :) Iron Maiden have you singing along with their awesome songs, Red Warszawa have you jumping drunkenly around and D.A.D leave you amazed with their stageshow and cool lyrics :)

Concerts I've been to:
Barenaked Ladies - 2006, 2011 (first time was my first concert - which was awesome; second time was after Steven Page left the group, but still fun as it sort of pushed the rest of the band to get more creative with the setlist and performance)
Green Day - 2009 (lots of old material, which was great - they even played "2,000 Light Years Away")
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - 2009 (Their annual Hometown Throwdown in Boston, with The Pietasters and a reunited Bim Skala Bim performing as well)
Foo Fighters - 2011 (easily the loudest concert I've ever been to. My ears were still ringing the next day.)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - 2012 (the opener, Sleigh Bells, is the only other contender for loudest performance I've ever been to - less for the volume and more for the sheer sonic assault on the ears. It kinda turned me against them, but funnily enough they're now one of my favorite bands)
Radiohead - 2012 (probably the second best concert I've ever been to - saw it with my best friend in the spring, at the same place where graduated)
Metric - 2012 (probably the weakest one I've been to. venue just wasn't very good)
The Mountain Goats - 2012 (probably my favorite of all of them - went to it with a bunch of friends, performance was great, met John Darnielle after the show, who couldn't have been friendlier or more gracious, got a picture with him and a poster signed. It'll take a lot to top that)
Barenaked Ladies/Ben Folds Five (double bill) - 2013 (really glad I got to see this one - never thought I'd be able to see Ben Folds Five live, what with that whole "breaking up" thing. Wish Guster had been opening like they had for the rest of the tour, but meh)
The Mighty Might Bosstones - 2013 (Hometown Throwdown again, this time with a reunited Sam Black Church, and with Blanta (the Throwdown's Customary black Santa Claus) wearing a "Fuck Fox News" shirt in response to the Megyn Kelly controversy. Both these things kicked insurmountable ass.)

Festivals I've been to:
Life is Good Festival - 2011 (the Avett Brothers headlined, and they were terrific. can't remember a lot of the other acts, but I remember the Hold Steady being there, and they were solid even though I missed a good chunk of their set. the food there was amazing as well)
Boston Calling - spring 2013 (standout acts were Dirty Projectors, Andrew Bird, Of Monsters and Men, Young The Giant, and headliners the National. Food was great there too)

I guess in a traditional sense the only concert I've been to was Lady Gaga's revamped The Monster Ball Tour. But my college also does these bi-annual festival/concert-like things, so I've seen acts like The Roots, B.o.B, and Turquoise Jeep (lol) perform. My favorite was The Monster Ball Tour 'cause Gaga pretty much played all of my favorite songs of hers at the time, and you can tell she really put in effort to put on a good show. I also saw it right before the beginning of my sophomore year in college, so that was a great way to start the year! But honestly, it was also really fun/funny watching Turquoise Jeep 'cause... well, it's Turquoise Jeep! x) They were very entertaining, and their songs are uber-catchy (I still find myself singing "Cavities" every once in a while).

I prefer to relax at home, so I'm not much of a concert goer. The list is pretty short:
  • 2007 - Van Halen
  • 2008 - Def Leppard
  • 2013 - Kalafina
  • 2013 - ZZ Top

The one I was most excited for was Kalafina. In an indulgence of fangasming, the prospect of meeting them in person became enough to drive me nuts. And I certainly wasn't disappointed. :D

I did enjoy each of the concerts immensely, though, despite being dragged out to see most of them.

So far I've seen
Guns n Roses (2010?ish) - Funny story, my dad knew some guy who got us in for free on the day. He woke me up at 8am saying "Get home from school as fast as you can! We're seeing GNR tonight" I was like "wat? am I dreaming?"
Airborne (2011?)
Hayseed Dixie (2008)
TwentyTwenty (many times)
Octane OK (also many times)

Also my friends band a few times.

I saw both Streetlight Manifesto and Chicago in 2011.

Although there are some other bands I wouldn't mind seeing live, if I die having only seen those two bands, that'd be fine by me. One's my favorite 'brass' band of 60s/70s, and the other is my favorite 'brass' band of the last decade or so.

Would've loved to have seen Chicago back in the 60s or 70s, but that was way before my time. lol

Saw Weird Al on April 9, 2004--which is very notable since that was the day his parents passed away--and in Milwaukee in 2010(?). Loved both concerts but the one in Milwaukee he performed "Dare to be Stupid", complete with footage from Transformers: Animated. I never yelled so loudly in my life.

I've also seen Stan Bush in concert a couple of times and I'll see him again at BotCon this year.

Concerts I've been to:
Barenaked Ladies - 2006, 2011 (first time was my first concert - which was awesome; second time was after Steven Page left the group, but still fun as it sort of pushed the rest of the band to get more creative with the setlist and performance)
Green Day - 2009 (lots of old material, which was great - they even played "2,000 Light Years Away")
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - 2009 (Their annual Hometown Throwdown in Boston, with The Pietasters and a reunited Bim Skala Bim performing as well)
Foo Fighters - 2011 (easily the loudest concert I've ever been to. My ears were still ringing the next day.)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - 2012 (the opener, Sleigh Bells, is the only other contender for loudest performance I've ever been to - less for the volume and more for the sheer sonic assault on the ears. It kinda turned me against them, but funnily enough they're now one of my favorite bands)
Radiohead - 2012 (probably the second best concert I've ever been to - saw it with my best friend in the spring, at the same place where graduated)
Metric - 2012 (probably the weakest one I've been to. venue just wasn't very good)
The Mountain Goats - 2012 (probably my favorite of all of them - went to it with a bunch of friends, performance was great, met John Darnielle after the show, who couldn't have been friendlier or more gracious, got a picture with him and a poster signed. It'll take a lot to top that)
Barenaked Ladies/Ben Folds Five (double bill) - 2013 (really glad I got to see this one - never thought I'd be able to see Ben Folds Five live, what with that whole "breaking up" thing. Wish Guster had been opening like they had for the rest of the tour, but meh)
The Mighty Might Bosstones - 2013 (Hometown Throwdown again, this time with a reunited Sam Black Church, and with Blanta (the Throwdown's Customary black Santa Claus) wearing a "Fuck Fox News" shirt in response to the Megyn Kelly controversy. Both these things kicked insurmountable ass.)

Festivals I've been to:
Life is Good Festival - 2011 (the Avett Brothers headlined, and they were terrific. can't remember a lot of the other acts, but I remember the Hold Steady being there, and they were solid even though I missed a good chunk of their set. the food there was amazing as well)
Boston Calling - spring 2013 (standout acts were Dirty Projectors, Andrew Bird, Of Monsters and Men, Young The Giant, and headliners the National. Food was great there too)

This is really creepy to me but you and I have been to a couple of the same concerts. I was screaming my head off at the RHCP show from 2012 (my favorite band ever) and I was also at that Barenaked Ladies / BFF double bill last year. I saw the Foo Fighters in 2011, but I don't know if that was the same show that you went to, and I was also at Boston Calling in 2013.

Other shows I've seen:

Kanye West / Jay-Z (Watch the Throne tour)
Pearl Jam
Aerosmith
Rolling Stones
Lupe Fiasco (twice)
Third Eye Blind
Nelly (twice)
Akon
Goo Goo Dolls

I'm probably forgetting some XD

Yeah, most of these are way too far back for my exam-numbed brain to remember the years of, but I know I've been to see My Chemical Romance, An Cafe, Girugamesh, Fall Out Boy and then Lady Gaga twice now, though those are recent enough that I know they were her Monster Ball and Born This Way Ball tours respectively. She puts on a really great show and because of that, for overall atmosphere and showmanship, those remain my favourites.

1996-The Beach Boys
2001-Carman (Christian singer)
2001-Clay Crosse (Christian singer)
2003-Toby Mac (Christian Rapper)
Too many times to count-Dennis Jernigan (Christian worship leader)

I just found this thread, how awesome is it :D I have been to lots of concerts but I must mention this one.

Last year, I saw Megadeth at the Brixton academy, London \m/ My friend and I had our tickets but a couple of days before the show, we found out the lads were doing a CD signing at HMV on Oxford Street and we needed to buy the CDs and get wristbands. So we set off early and shot down the M1 and practically ran the length of Oxford Street in the boiling sun, with all our luggage xD (Didn't have time to check into the hotel) :p There were wristbands left and we got one each; it was really exciting!

I really wanted to say something cool or funny or awesome to the lads but when we actually met them, I just froze and grinned like a pillock xD Dave Mustaine smiled at me and my friend talked to Chris Broderick :D The concert was really great and at the end, a bloke dressed up as Vic Rattlehead came on the stage \m/

2006 - White Stripes
2008 - Björk
2009 - MGMT, The Ting Tings
2010 - Pixies
2012 - Röyksopp
2013 - Lorde

I don't get to go to concerts for big name bands often, not a whole lot come to my country.

The only concert I've ever been to was a couple of years ago before I went to school. It was a Dru Hill and Jagged Edge concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom