• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Confirmed Information Thread

I don't know if this has been pointed out, but you can't name Pokemon after swear words. I tried to name that dark cat thing 'Pussy' :(

Game Freak finally smartened up. I bet people will find ways to get around that.

Game Freak finally smartened up. I bet people will find ways to get around that.

I named a Minezumi 'Rapey', because he looked like a rapist - so there are ways around it :p

In a way I'm just glad that I'm not gonna be going up against stupidly named Pokemon online - in the battle frontier in SoulSilver my whole team lost to a Scizor named 'Handjob' :(

I don't know if this has been pointed out, but you can't name Pokemon after swear words. I tried to name that dark cat thing 'Pussy' :(
Well, banning offensive names has always been VGC policy, I guess this time they decided to stop it altogether. I wonder if NOA sent NOJ a list of euphemisms, as "Pussy" isn't really a swear word.

Anybody know how pokes get transferred to the dream world? Is is via wifi, or some other method?

Sorry if this has been asked, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Let's make new swears =D

You're a glorgnack!

So it seems like we have version-exclusive battles outside of Shaga/Iris: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/versionbattle.shtml

Seems like Black is, unfortunately once again cursed with the worse option and is Rotation Battle heavy rather than Triple battle heavy.

At least in Black you can actually get evolution stones. Jeez, GameFreak...Way to make me a sadpanda.

i wonder what id do if you transfer a pokemon with that name, or any other blocked name.

At least in Black you can actually get evolution stones. Jeez, GameFreak...Way to make me a sadpanda.

it also seems that Black's Trainers have fully evolved pokes on their teams, and in White, those trainers mainly carry the 1st form of the pokemon. Also, Black city seems to allow you to buy some rare items (for Isshu at any rate) which im not sure if they are available in White.

Version Exclusive Pokemon: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/exclusives.shtml
Version Exclusive Places/ect: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/versioncity.shtml
Version Exclusive Battles: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/versionbattle.shtml

/copypasta

After, obviously.

So, Dragonite, Tyrannitar and Metagross...scary.

Dragonite is on the list of Water Encounterable Pokémon. By FISHING nonetheless.

Imagine it...you're low on health, trying to rush to a Pokémon Centre with your almost fainted Pokémon....bam, Wild Metagross appeared. 0.0

Oh. Didn't see that.

The fact that it takes getting to level 55 to evolve Dragonite, we're talking about some seriously high-level encounters (there's Wild Wargle in places, for example. Possibly pre-nat'l dex since it's a new Pokémon)

Wild first- or second-stage Pokémon are sometimes underleveled anyway. I believe I've found a level 25 Dragonair once in the Kanto Safari Zone. Actually caught it, too.

You can also find low-level Pidgeotto in Yellow, low-level Fearow in GSC, etc.

So they won't be necessarily that high-leveled.

Actually you don't fish for Dragonite, they just kind of come up out of the water and then if you click on them they battle you.

And is this only after you beat the game?

It clearly says fish.

I have to say it, Pokemon just jumped the Sharpedo.

Back
Top Bottom