• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Confirmed- Sarah is not the voice of Dawn

Keruri

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
According to Sarah herself, she will not be playing the role of Dawn/Hikari in Diamond and Pearl.
Sarah's MySpace said:
Saturday, April 07, 2007

I am NOT playing Dawn...

Hey guys,

Let this be my official statement:

I am not the voice of Dawn in the upcoming "Diamond and Pearl" season of "Pokemon." I don't know how this rumour started, but I was alerted to a news story on me at voicechasers.com that cited Pokemon USA as its source. Maybe it was a mistake...that spread rather quickly. Anyway, it's not me. I will continue as Ash, other small roles and a few Pokemon. See if you can guess which they are when the show starts airing! It should start airing in a few weeks; I don't know when exactly.

Thanks for watching! Hope you enjoy it!

Love,
Sarah Natochenny

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...&MyToken=e50e587f-bb9a-45de-a757-dcd416a5c7a6

Voice your opinions?

Last edited:
I guess that's cool, but uh, don't mean to get off topic with this, but I don't exactly see anywhere else to say this: Did anyone else catch the japanese voices in the Pokemon D/P anime Commerical? When Turtwig was biting Ash, you could hear his japanese voice, plus Piplup's got Pochama's voice and Turtwig's got Naetle's voice. Nifty if I do say so myself.

Oh, thank GOD. I don't think she has anywhere near enough experience to handle two leads at the same time yet.

Michelle Knotz, where are you.....

That doesn't mean they'll stay that way when the eps air, especially since the names are completely different.

I guess that's cool, but uh, don't mean to get off topic with this, but I don't exactly see anywhere else to say this: Did anyone else catch the japanese voices in the Pokemon D/P anime Commerical? When Turtwig was biting Ash, you could hear his japanese voice, plus Piplup's got Pochama's voice and Turtwig's got Naetle's voice. Nifty if I do say so myself.
Yeah I noticed that, but with Chimchar I thought I hear a "ch" and really didn't sound like any part of hikozaru.

That doesn't mean they'll stay that way when the eps air, especially since the names are completely different.

True, but then why would they change Starly, and Chimchar's voice, but not Turtwig and Pochama's? Are you telling me they were being lazy? XD

I had a feeling it wouldn't be her, or any of the other current main cast members, for that matter. More than likely they'll get a fresh talent, one who was just an extra before, or someone completely new. I just hope they find the right person, because Dawn seems like a character that's very easy to mess up with (Remember Marina? Ugh...)

True, but then why would they change Starly, and Chimchar's voice, but not Turtwig and Pochama's? Are you telling me they were being lazy? XD
Although it doesn't make much sense, the logical guess would be that they haven't finalized those voices yet.

Yeah that was funny. When I saw the commercial for the new Diamond and Pearl series, I heard Ash's Japanese voice in that scene. And I was like, "Woah! O.O".

It's really funny when you think about it. I mean, that's a commercial for the new season of the dub, but if you listen closely, you can make out a few Japanese voices. LOL. XD!!

I wonder, do you think they did that intentionally? Or was it a mistake?

Anyway though, I've seen that commercial quite a few times by now, and I can confirm that was Chimchar's voice. I'm positive I heard it say "Char!" when it was doing that attack. ^^

Did I not say months ago when we learned May was leaving and Dawn was replacing her, whoever was voicing May would probably voice Dawn?

Sigh. A prophet is never recognized by his own people.

Yeah I noticed that, but with Chimchar I thought I hear a "ch" and really didn't sound like any part of hikozaru.

Although, in the Japanese version of the anime, Hikozaru does say words similar to the way "char" would sound . . so, who knows. I have to go back and listen to the preview to tell you whether or not that's his Japanese voice or American . .

Did I not say months ago when we learned May was leaving and Dawn was replacing her, whoever was voicing May would probably voice Dawn?

Sigh. A prophet is never recognized by his own people.

They're still more likely to go with someone completely new for Dawn.

Michelle Knotz plays May AND Jessie, so she'll still be doing Jessie in D/P. She also did Misty in the Mastermind special and does Nurse Joy AND Delia.

We need a fresh voice for Dawn, Michelle Knotz has been doing literally every major female on the show. (May, Jessie, Misty, Nurse Joy, Delia)

She's talented since those girls sound nothing alike, but Dawn is new so we don't need her sounding like a copy of May.

Although, in the Japanese version of the anime, Hikozaru does say words similar to the way "char" would sound . . so, who knows. I have to go back and listen to the preview to tell you whether or not that's his Japanese voice or American . .

It's gotta be a dub voice, because Hikozaru sounds more like a MONKEY, but Chimchar says it's name.

According to Sarah herself, she will not be playing the role of Dawn/Hikari in Diamond and Pearl.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...&MyToken=e50e587f-bb9a-45de-a757-dcd416a5c7a6

Voice your opinions?

It's an Easter miracle! :eek:D
Not to say anything mean about Sarah, but she's definetely no Veronica Taylor. I would have liked for the original cast to have come back for D/P, but maybe she'll will start doing Ash's voice more naturally or something.
I think I found a preview of Dawn's dub voice on Youtube, if I can find it again, I'll give you guys the link.

Yes, oh yes. Sarah Natochenny will not have a chance to ruin one another main character. That's probably the best news about Pokémon dub in last year!

They're still more likely to go with someone completely new for Dawn.

Michelle Knotz plays May AND Jessie, so she'll still be doing Jessie in D/P. She also did Misty in the Mastermind special and does Nurse Joy AND Delia.

We need a fresh voice for Dawn, Michelle Knotz has been doing literally every major female on the show. (May, Jessie, Misty, Nurse Joy, Delia)

She's talented since those girls sound nothing alike, but Dawn is new so we don't need her sounding like a copy of May.

I believe if Michelle will voiced Dawn, she make her different from May. Unlike Sarah, she is talented VA which know how handle a character. I'm affraid of "fresh voice" from PUSA, because last time they bring new voice for main character, they ruined him (yes, I mean Ash).

Edit:
Oh, and don't forget we have female Pokédex in DP. Who do you think will voiced Pokédex? I think Pokédex could be good role for Sarah, 'cause she hardly can messed it :-D

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom