• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Connect 4 v2 - Endgame - 27/2/2018

How should be determined who starts a match first?

• RNG

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • First come, first starting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Hello, and welcome to the second round of the strategy puzzle contest of wills inspired by "The Vertical Checkers Game" Connect Four!

How to play:
I will accept sign-ups for 16 players and up to 3 subs if there is enough interest. If you are interested in playing, just post here, and I will edit your name into the OP
Once 16 players have signed up, I will split you up into 8 pairs. Via RNG, I will also select which one uses X’s and which one uses O’s. X's always go first.

You will each take turns placing X's and O's into the following matrix:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

You may choose to place your marker in any column that is not filled, but you must place your marker into the lowest available slot in your chosen column. When one player has made their move and mentioned their opponent, the second player copies the matrix, makes their move, and also mentions their opponent. There will be multiple games running simultaneously within one thread, so be careful to copy the right matrix!

Once one player has 4 consecutive pieces in play in a straight line (vertically, horizontally, or diagonally), that player wins! Mention me when that game is over.

The winners will then face off against each other until we have two players left. Whoever wins the final match wins the entire game!

Rules:
All TWR rules apply.
No altering the matrix outside of making your move during your turn
In order to reduce clutter, once a game has begun please do not post unless you are a player taking your turn, the moderator of the game, or if you need a dispute settled
To keep the boards neat, please use the Courier New font.

Example of finished game:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ X _
_ _ _ _ X X _
_ _ O X O O _
O O X O X O X

If you have any questions about the rules or the game in general, please ask them in this thread BEFORE the first game begins or by contacting me, via Discord or PM. If you're asking it in-thread, make sure to mention me.

Player List:
1. @Lone_Garurumon
2. @BadAssGardevoir
3. @The Light
4. @AussieEevee
5. @MegaPod
6. @CheffOfGames
7. @jdthebud
8. @RainbowSkittles
9. @Pika_pika42
10. @Soulmaster

Subs:

Last edited:
Is that board smaller than the actual game? It feels smaller than the actual game.
Nope

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ X _
_ _ _ _ X X _
_ _ O X O O _
O O X O X O X
Screenshot_2017-11-02-17-29-05-1.png

*Reserved a spot and is just posting to confirm that I am indeed still interested in participating*

...k thx bi

Sure! I hope I can actually win a couple games since there is less luck involved.

We still don't have 16 players. Doesn't look like we'll actually get it in time.
Perhaps, but would it be fesible to begin despite that with a few less players? You could probably structure whatever torunament system you have planned to accomidate the current amount, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom