• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Connect 4 v2 - Endgame - 27/2/2018

How should be determined who starts a match first?

• RNG

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • First come, first starting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
_ O _ X _ X X
_ O _ O _ O O
X O _ X _ X X
O X _ X _ O O
X X O O X X O
O X X X O O O

Yeah, I had a feeling I was going to lose this one for some time, @CheffOfGames, but at least I (tried to) put up a good fight.

Endgame - 27/2/2018
1. @Lone_Garurumon
2. @BadAssGardevoir
3. @The Light
4. @AussieEevee
5. @MegaPod
6. @CheffOfGames
7. @jdthebud
8. @RainbowSkittles
9. @Pika_pika42
10. @Soulmaster

And so, the game is over!

upload_2018-2-26_12-41-39.png

upload_2018-2-26_12-42-1.png
Congratulations to the winners, CheffOfGames and jdthebud!

No need to have a final round, I'll gladly take the shared victory with @CheffOfGames. :cool:

Been a long time since I've played this game. Nice job @Max1996 for setting this up and running it well.

Congrats to Cheff, he played very well except that one move, but Soul did a nice job setting him up. Was one of the best moments in the thread that's for sure. :D

Final thoughts: It became obvious very quickly that whoever went first started with an advantage if they focused on building up the middle of the board. The second player could find a win but only if the first player let them and made mistakes in placement. This game does have some mind games sometimes but if you were able to stay focused and think out the moves out in advance you were more likely to win, especially if you were the first player.

Fun times guys, thanks to all the players.

Final thoughts: It became obvious very quickly that whoever went first started with an advantage if they focused on building up the middle of the board. The second player could find a win but only if the first player let them and made mistakes in placement. This game does have some mind games sometimes but if you were able to stay focused and think out the moves out in advance you were more likely to win, especially if you were the first player.
Indeed, if both players play perfectly the first to move will always win.

Well played everyone, I had fun, and I do have to say that Cheff defeat was just too funny.

Agreed with everything above, 1 of the games I lost was a down to the wire and BAG went first which means he got the win. jd I htink also went first but that one ended sooner and don't think was a first/second, that was just a mess up on my end iirc. That's just the nature of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom