• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Connectivity with Let's Go

Reaction score
I checked the thread titles to make sure I wasn't being redundant, and the only one related to Let's Go revolves around carryover features so I think I'm good in posting this.

I picked up Let's Go Pikachu soon after the Sword and Shield announcement to keep on the hype train (and because it was cheaper pre-owned) and I've grown attached to a lot of my new teammates in that game. I'm really hoping they can be transferred over to Sword and Shield via Pokebank, and I expect them to make it work since just about all the data is already there, including abilities buried in the game's code.

I do wonder about things like the candy boosts, though - my guess is it will be similar to the Virtual Console games where EVs get a clean slate but I could be wrong.

Since SS were in development since before Let's Go, and they didn’t know how would Let's Go Be received, I think SS'll be devoid of Let's Go features, while the most wanted ones are incorporated into the next main series games.

Actually there was another thread for features; I’m talking more about transferring Pokémon from Let’s Go to Sword and Shield.

They’ve got to get the Meltan line over somehow, plus it would be an easy way to import Alolan forms without having a convoluted method of evolving them that way in the Galar region.

It's easier than Virtual Console compatibility. One solution is to reset AVs to 0 and, if Game Freak are nice, convert them back to candies.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom