• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Winners - Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short for everyone, to keep you in the loop. Some people have had issues with their addresses, etc. We're shipping out the prizes in one big lot instead of a bunch of small lots (since the last time we did that, some people got missed and there was a huge issue getting them prizes later), so that's delayed things a little. When the prizes have shipped, I will post here and notify everyone.

Good to know I'm not the only one with issues, although I don't think anyone else is experiencing or experienced the issue of what to get, due to it needing to be A) something I don't already own AND B) something that isn't randomly and hideously overpriced on amazon.ca

Seriously though, that B is a total bitch. X_X Just out of curiousity, is there any particular deadline on prize selection?

I'm wondering, has mine been shipped yet? I know NOTHING about shipping time from Australia to the US, so I'm sorry if I'm asking way too late.

Archaic's said that he hasn't sent out any of the prizes, and that he'll notify us when he does. I think he's still waiting for one or two people to give him their information, like @CommanderPigg

Archaic's said that he hasn't sent out any of the prizes, and that he'll notify us when he does. I think he's still waiting for one or two people to give him their information, like @CommanderPigg
I am certain that I sent over a list of my prize selections and addresses. Are there any problems with them, @Archaic ?

I am certain that I sent over a list of my prize selections and addresses. Are there any problems with them, @Archaic ?

hmm, sorry. My bad. I only mentioned you in particular because I saw your name a lot, all of them with no update information next to them. There are, it appears, other people who have not given their information, but anyways.

hey, not to be a bother, but are there any significant updates on the status of the prizes being shipped?

hey, not to be a bother, but are there any significant updates on the status of the prizes being shipped?

Yeah, I'd like to know too... I hoped the prize will arrive by early March (seems unlikely now...) since that's when I'm supposed to meet a friend that I sent my prize to his address...

I agree. It has been well over a month and I know that it is not just me, but most of the winners are dying in anticipation for their prizes to arrive. I understand that you guys are working on a more organized method to help sort out some of the confusion, but it's not a good thing that it's taking so long. If you guys absolutely can't send out the prizes in a different manner, I would like to see a notice first of what is actually going on.

*cough* yeah, I echo the concerns. I was really hoping to get some of my prizes for a cosplay tomorrow, but I can see that isn't happening.

@Archaic

or really @ anyone who bothers to check this thread?

I propose that next year, strict deadlines be placed for the address information to be given. I think this would motivate people to choose their prizes more efficiently.

Any progress on any of the prizes being shipped?

Sorry to sound antsy, but I won a calendar. The space on my wall reserved for it is empty, and it's mid-February!

Bulbagarden... I always loved the contests you guys held because they were so fun and you guys were so reliable -- what happened this year?? ):

It may be a bit late... But congrats to the winners!!

Hello everyone,

This is a quick update to say that there's nothing to update, I'm afraid.

Long story short, but this is all pretty much my own fault. Due to issues with my own personal schedule (from general busyness mostly, having just started my PhD), I've not been able to sync my schedule with the guys from HAVA (who give us the money for this contests) to properly arrange for things. In previous years, I just sent them an email and that was it, but after the mistakes that were made last year (with the person who had been sending the prizes out getting things incorrect because she wasn't familiar with Pokémon), we'd arranged that I'd be making those purchases myself, with a corporate credit card they'd give me the details for. That's not something that can safely be done through email, so I need to actually talk to the people there directly, at a time convenient for them, and that just hasn't been able to happen as of yet.

The good news, such as it is, is that I should be able to talk to them this weekend. We'll also be sending out prizes by rush shipping wherever possible (including for outside US winners), so once things are ordered (which, with any luck, should be this Sunday), they shouldn't take too long to get to you.

Sorry everyone for these continued delays.

Hello everyone,

This is a quick update to say that there's nothing to update, I'm afraid.

Long story short, but this is all pretty much my own fault. Due to issues with my own personal schedule (from general busyness mostly, having just started my PhD), I've not been able to sync my schedule with the guys from HAVA (who give us the money for this contests) to properly arrange for things. In previous years, I just sent them an email and that was it, but after the mistakes that were made last year (with the person who had been sending the prizes out getting things incorrect because she wasn't familiar with Pokémon), we'd arranged that I'd be making those purchases myself, with a corporate credit card they'd give me the details for. That's not something that can safely be done through email, so I need to actually talk to the people there directly, at a time convenient for them, and that just hasn't been able to happen as of yet.

The good news, such as it is, is that I should be able to talk to them this weekend. We'll also be sending out prizes by rush shipping wherever possible (including for outside US winners), so once things are ordered (which, with any luck, should be this Sunday), they shouldn't take too long to get to you.

Sorry everyone for these continued delays.

Well, don't worry too much, but truth to be told, I was getting pretty... unnerved when it comes to things like this. I think I really, really need to get the mailbox replaced right away (it got wrecked)! Looking forward to my prize getting in, hopefully before this June or something. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom