• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contestshipping Discussion Thread

I love ContestShipping!!!!! That's the thing I miss most since AG.

There's so many lovely moments. The ultimate hint was Solidad telling May that Drew has developed feelings for her <3
I'd love to see a Chronicles episode where they actually become a couple.

Now its been a while since I read any contestshippy goodness, so can anyone point me towards some stuff?
Also, new topic I think we should probably include in a new thread:
What are your favourite Contestshipping hints?

..I'll be answering later :D

I say we should do something like this ToxiBolt post.

All spontaneous combusken and all the unbeatsomthing something something Haruka vs Shuu-Rivals Forever,Oh and this one,its so subtle with is why I love it so much :D

*Cant remember the lines on top of her head so bear with this truly inaccurate not-serious summary*
451screen.png

May:"YAYS guys look this is my pass for the kanto gf!:D"

451screen2.png

Ash:"Oh yeah,May that's so great!I hope you do w-"

451screen3.png

451screen4.png

May: "Shuu!"

Ash:hey
Max:I think she ignored you ^^U

451screen5.png

blabla chit chat

May:So what were we talking about again?

That's the thing I miss most since AG.

pfft,Inorite?

I really have to watch these episodes again! Just reading those hints makes me desperate to rewatch. I love how May is always spazzing out in these hints, she's so funny.
Hmmm, do you peeps think May realised the roses weren't "for Beautifly"? And if so, when?
We both must accelerate our re watches to reach this episodes NAOW.

Oh,and I agree she found out by the third rose,with is why he stopped giving them to her in BF,and because he didn't needed them anymore,too.Wink Wink.

Actually, Ash was telling May about how Drew had helped him, Max and Brock out earlier, but May was so eager to talk to Drew she ran over to him while Ash was still talking. And Max was all, "I don't think she heard ya, Ash."

*squees* I love that scene so much. <3

Edit: First and most important, I have read the rules and will do my very best to respect them.

(Now back to my original posting)

Actually, Ash was telling May about how Drew had helped him, Max and Brock out earlier, but May was so eager to talk to Drew she ran over to him while Ash was still talking. And Max was all, "I don't think she heard ya, Ash."

*squees* I love that scene so much. <3

Epic moment, especially because of Max's words, that seem to imply he knows his sister has a soft spot for Drew.

And big hurrah for reopening this thread! :thumbup: I couldn't put in a vote to request for it, since I had already used mine on the MorpheusShipping thred, to get it restored again.

Last edited:
Yep although I thought it there was some contestshipping shown in that Wynaut episode lol!

But yeah I can also see the Cacturne costume kid with the purple hair...I think his name was Harley I can see hm teasing May bout liking Drew at some point in Johto

Yep although I thought it there was some contestshipping shown in that Wynaut episode lol!

But yeah I can also see the Cacturne costume kid with the purple hair...I think his name was Harley I can see hm teasing May bout liking Drew at some point in Johto

That was Harley, yes, and he did once make a remark that it was not safe for Drew and May to be together or something like that, when he caught them talking somewhere. Both acted a little "caught in the act" and were clearly a bit embarressed by Harley's remark. :ksmile:

Yeah, Harley is the biggest Contestshipper on the whole show. Like, whenever he sees May and Drew together, it seems he can never help but make a remark about how they're a couple. Like at the end of The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing, the start of the Hoenn GF (my favorite ;D) and when he calls Drew May's boyfriend. :D Harley is so smart!

Yeah, Harley is the biggest Contestshipper on the whole show. Like, whenever he sees May and Drew together, it seems he can never help but make a remark about how they're a couple. Like at the end of The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing, the start of the Hoenn GF (my favorite ;D) and when he calls Drew May's boyfriend. :D Harley is so smart!

Don't forget Caroline ^^

I come in peace. :unworthy:I have a simple question and I thought that I would go straight to the source.

Is it true that most contestshippers are also pokeshippers?

Again, I'm not trying to offend anyone. It's just something that I've heard before.

Not entirely. I know a lot of Contestshippers - in this thread, even - who don't ship Ash/Misty. Personally, I am a casual Pokeshipper, but I ship Ash elsewhere too (fandom bicycle lol).

I love Contestshipping sooo much.
Can I join? And no, its not true, not every one that is a contestshipper is a Pokeshipper, I'm not. Any who, I do in fact think Drew would be following May around each region even if she didn't follow him. I do think it was pretty much cannon, didn't May get jealous at some point? Now I feel like watching Contestshipping episodesXD

I come in peace. :unworthy:I have a simple question and I thought that I would go straight to the source.

Again, I'm not trying to offend anyone. It's just something that I've heard before.

Well, it would be strange to be a Advance Shipper as well, since that ship contradicts with ContestShipping. So in general, many ContestShippers will either ship Ash with Misty, or with Dawn, or, in my case, with Angie. :ksmile:

(I have read and I understand the rules. ^^)

Woo. Contestshipping. 8D How I love thee.

Ah. I have noticed that, especially in fanfiction.
But personally I am not really a Pokeshipper, so. :3
LusterPurge has the right idea though. people tend to ship Ash off to get rid of competition, and Misty is a logical choice. But then there's people like me who just don't ship Ash at all. xD

I have already read the rules and understand it..

*I've been waiting for this thread!!^^*
One of my favorite ship-Contestshipping!May I join in?..

What is your favourite Contestshipping episode?
on of my fave is the wynaut episode..and ''Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing''..

mayanddrew19.jpg

sunsetstare.jpg

203vdfg.jpg

''Who,What,When,Where, Wynaut?

SHNEW14.jpg

I've heard this before too.

It would make sense, because if you support Ash/Misty, you don't really want May to come into the picture. So you pair her with someone else. I'm not a Pokeshipper myself; it's just a theory.

Lol mother does know best XD

Yeah, I'm a Pokeshipper myself, but I know lots of Contestshippers who don't support Pokeshipping. Personally I just love Contestshipping because I think it's adorable, not to keep May away from Ash. Although I really don't like Advanceshipping, at all. But that's not why I'm a Contestshipper.

It would make sense, because if you support Ash/Misty, you don't really want May to come into the picture. So you pair her with someone else. I'm not a Pokeshipper myself; it's just a theory.
I think some people do this with Ikarishipping too - they want to make sure that Pokeshipping is exclusive, so they ship Contest and Ikari to make sure that May and Dawn end up with someone who is not Ash. (I don't like Ikarishipping, myself, but to each his/her own.) I've seen many a fanfic that revolves around Poke/Contest/Ikarishipping.

I think it's time for a topic, yes? =b

Is there a song that you think fits this ship?

/shameless stealing from other thread discussions, lol
*is unoriginal*

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom