• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contestshipping Discussion Thread

Hitomi

Mr. F's Bulbawife
Reaction score
YAAAAAY :D

I have read and understand the rules! (I actually read them through again last night because I missed this thread and wondered what the criteria would be to reopen it...)

To make a first hopefully contributing post, I have been itching to read a good CS fic... there are a lot of them on ffnet but I am not a fan of Pokemon high school fics and there are a whole lot of them there. Anyone know of any, on or off ffnet?

*Celebrates*

I have read the rules(twice!) and will do my best to ensure they are followed :pwait I already said this Luna!xD

Ok,now lets get back to business

YAAAAAY :D

I have read and understand the rules! (I actually read them through again last night because I missed this thread and wondered what the criteria would be to reopen it...)

To make a first hopefully contributing post, I have been itching to read a good CS fic... there are a lot of them on ffnet but I am not a fan of Pokemon high school fics and there are a whole lot of them there. Anyone know of any, on or off ffnet?

Yeah,not a fan of AU fics either xD the only fic I think is good(actually,is one of the only fics I read...that and a Digimon tamers one-shot,and almost all of the ShirashixAkira(lucky star) fics on that web,with,yeah,are not a lot.) Contest Chronicles!by MisterAnimeFan,it is updated every 2-3 motnhs,but it is worth it :D

I read the rules! And yeah, anyone know of a place that has CS fics as the main focus? FFnet usually has them on the side for other ships, & they're all about High School.

I have read and understood the rules.
Hooray for the opening of the thread!!
Anyway, I must say I'm not really a fan of high school fics either. Actually, its been a while since I've read a contest-shippy piece, but I think I will go hunt for a good one soon :p

Sooo Topic that has surely been asked before, but there is no harm in asking again: What is your favourite Contestshipping episode?
For me, it is definitely the Wynaut episode. Perhaps not the most hint heavy, but very cute.

O hey gais, I have a topic for you, on top of the episode one.

If May had not gone following the others to Johto, do you believe Drew would change his own plans and follow May instead?

Follow-up:
If he does not follow May, what do you think Drew would do to keep in contact with May while they are in different regions?

I think he'd show up & speak with her after she had one some contests. Then he'd pull off his signature hair-flip, rose-toss, & split.

Yay, another Contestshipping thread! Finally! <3 Yes, I have read and understand the rules.

I ADORE Contestshipping. <3 Simply put, it's one of the best ships of all time. It's so adorable and OBVIOUS. May and Drew have such fantastic interactions with each other and they're so damn cute together. It's so canon it's not even funny, and you're just making yourself look bad if you're trying to deny it. XP And all the hints! What's not to love?

What is your favourite Contestshipping episode?

Hoenn GF, Spontaneous Combusken and Wynaut episode. <3

Read the rules now.. And I understand it.

^Totally, totally, agreed.

Oh yeaaah! A Contestshipping thread! Man, I was searching for this!

Contestshipping is one of the ships I support besides Pokeshipping... because they are too cute together!

And c'mon... their hints are clearly slapped in your face...

And to quote Isanish Danish:
It's so canon it's not even funny
OH HELL YEAH.

Favorite Contestshipping episode?
One with the whole tribe of wynauts, Spontaneous Combusken, the end of the Hoenn GF, and the episode where Drew asks May to join him in Johto...

Last edited:
If May had not gone following the others to Johto, do you believe Drew would change his own plans and follow May instead?

This is a difficult question to answer. In some ways, I would imagine Drew being too cocky to imagine her not following him.:p
So, yeah, I'm not sure about this one.
If they weren't in the same region, I think Drew would keep a close eye on what she was doing (after all he does like to discuss her contests with Soledad). Maybe he would send her a rose each time she won a ribbon? :p

I love how active this is :D lets hope it stays that way!

ooh,a hard one,Wynaut is definitely the funniest one (like the part when May is doing her exploration thing,and then Drew cuts in with the "you don't get out much, do you?",priceless :D)buuut spontanious combosken is sooo fuzzy and makes me wiggle so much D: ...THEN there is challenging the battle zone with its Bloody epic battle that still ranks as one of the bestest in the whole series...
I can not decide xD love them all so much...

O hey gais, I have a topic for you, on top of the episode one.

Yes,he would keep stalking following her.

If he does not follow May, what do you think Drew would do to keep in contact with May while they are in different regions?

hmm,use the pidgey-mailing service or contact her by phone?apparently all characters keep on contact off-screen,I am sure this was talked about in an Anime thread.

I ADORE Contestshipping. <3 Simply put, it's one of the best ships of all time. It's so adorable and OBVIOUS. May and Drew have such fantastic interactions with each other and they're so damn cute together. It's so canon it's not even funny, and you're just making yourself look bad if you're trying to deny it. XP And all the hints! What's not to love?

QFT.

ooh GUYS good ol´ teppo did this awesome thing two months ago!DELIGHT!

636.jpg

SQUEE! ^^ Sombra, I just love the fanart you share~ I hadn't seen that one yet.

See, I don't know... I want to say that he'd follow May, but the other part of me believes that he and his stubborn personality would have gone onto Johto anyway without her (though he would have been highly disappointed in her not coming too).

I think they would keep in touch the same way everyone else seems to - using the video phone things. Though I also believe he would take a page out of Briana's book and send her a note with a rose every so often~ That would be so sweet. <3

And my favorite episodes? Looks like the popular answers are mine too. xD Grand Festival and the Wynaut episode.

I have read the rules, duhhhhhhh.

AW I LOVE THIS SHIPPING! IT'S THE HOTTEST.

Just any episodes that had Drew in them, poor grassy head pretty boy boy didn't get all that much screentime. ):
May, aw she had bigger boobs in the beginning of AG, but they shrunk like WHAT. Drew is one lucky guy, nomnom.

Great shipping, it is!

Yay, a Contestshipping thread! ^^

Dun' worry, I read the rules. ^^

I don't think he would. He seems independant to me. But if he did, he would stalk May XD

Buy two PokeGear's, exchange numbers, give one to May, then call her every single day. ^^

Spontaneous Combusken, where May blushes as Drew walks away. ^^

Last edited:
Yay, Contestshipping thread~
I read the rules ;-)

Nope. Drew's got an agenda of his own too, you know :sweat:
The reason May followed him is because she just needed to go to another region with Contests, and it just so happened that Drew had an idea of where to go.

I think they would call each other. If they had Pokegears, maybe they'd trade numbers.

Gotta be Spontaneous Combusken. How can you not like Spontaneous Combusken...?
And I'll admit the Wynaut episode was cute too, but it's just not my favorite.

Now its been a while since I read any contestshippy goodness, so can anyone point me towards some stuff?
Also, new topic I think we should probably include in a new thread:
What are your favourite Contestshipping hints?

..I'll be answering later :D

What are your favourite Contestshipping hints?

Come What May: (I think this is the episode, I might be wrong though)

May: I suppose this rose is for Beautifly, right?
Drew: Yeah...something like that.

Hoenn GF:

Harley: I had no idea you had such powerful friends, May!
May: Oh, we're not really friends, Harley. Mostly Drew just likes to make fun of me.
Harley: Oh, that's not true or he wouldn't have given you a rose. And come to think of it, there's something ROMANTIC going on here! *GASP* :O
May *blushing like a tomato*: Aaaaahhhh! HARLEEEEY!
Harley: Hahaha! I knew it!

Brock: Hey, isn't that Drew?
May *blushing and smiling*: Yeah. We were just saying goodbye...
Caroline: You two here on the beach, how romantic!
May *blushing and spazzing* Waaah! He's just a friend!

Spontaneous Combusken:

May: Watch closely, Drew. You're about to see a win you'll never forget.
Brianna: We'll see.
May: I finally get a chance to show Drew I'm a winner!
Brianna: Come ON, May!
May: Huh?
Brianna: It seems to me your feelings for Drew go way past contests and battling!
May: Me and...Drew? He's just a rival, that's all!
Brianna: Oh yeah? Well I wanna know if you like Drew!
May *blushing* Like him? To be honest, I'd never really given it...that much thought...
Brianna: For your information, as soon as I win this contest, I'm going to tell Drew I love him!
May: ...That's fine with me, except for the "soon as you win this" part...

Drew: Hey, May.
May: Hmm?
Drew: Just two more ribbons.
May *blushing AGAIN*: Oh. Drew, just curious...how many ribbons do you have?
Drew: Who counts? In your case, I just figured you'd need someone to remind you.
*May stares after him, still blushing*

All of the Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing. It's so CUTE! <3

And of course, all the roses. <3

I'd say the Wynaut epi, but that's not really hinty. Still adorable, though!

I really have to watch these episodes again! Just reading those hints makes me desperate to rewatch. I love how May is always spazzing out in these hints, she's so funny.
Hmmm, do you peeps think May realised the roses weren't "for Beautifly"? And if so, when?

Can i join this thread?
Sure!

Baaah, Dana, those scenes just made me giddy inside. x3 I think it's so super how Caroline and Harley are both Contestshippers. I approve. :thumbup:

My favorite hints are the ones just listed by Dana... and then the OH SO FABULOUS sunset scene. <3

Hmmm, do you peeps think May realised the roses weren't "for Beautifly"? And if so, when?
I like to think that maybe she suspected something after just the first one... IIRC, when he handed the first rose to her, he complimented her on a good performance and she looked really happy to be getting a rose from him... before he told her it was really for Beautifly. xD (And even then, she didn't really look put off, so I take that as a hint that May suspected that it was really for her.)

For sure, she knew after the third rose, with the "I suppose this rose is for Beautifly." "Yeah, something like that." scene.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom