• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Controversial opinions

grass princess
Reaction score
I don't really get Lucario's popularity either, and this is coming from someone who still considers Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be one of the best Pokemon movies. I think it's a perfectly fine Pokemon, I just don't think it's amazing.

Give me your lunch money now!!
Reaction score
Lucario is popular cause.. well everybody knows why of course ...

Cause movie 8 was cool also Aurasphere is a cool move...not any furry business arround here...

Now seriously Lucario has a nice type combo, knows nice moves amd have nice stats also Riolu is really cute and I like it or thats why I tought cause my Anti Ash clause makes me hate any Pokemon Ash has and makes me love any Pokémon Team Rocket gets.

You want a proof? Search every playtrough of black and White 2 and you will see how everybody and their mother have a Lucario in his team since it was the first game where you could get it really early.

I dont know if this is controversial but for me the gatcha machine is a spit in the face of previous Team Rocket mons. Why they could not have their own mons, if you want the gatcha put Butch and Cassidy or Matori but not to Jessie and James.

View: https://twitter.com/OoCPokemon/status/1251541161925279744

Last edited:
All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
Dawn is put way too high on a pedestal. She is slightly better than May and May didnt have a contest mom.

Ice on my wrist, Mama like "Where you get this?"
Reaction score
Anime should be more like Pokemon Adventures

Ash should travel with Gary instead of his new boyfriend

I hate Serena

Team Rocket needs to kick rocks

Reduce anime filler episodes by 30%

end the anime, let other studios do Pokemon

Give me your lunch money now!!
Reaction score
People are saying this series is the best series ever cause it's different from Sun and Moon and we are having different things like Dragonite and Riolu.

People have to remember that up to this point (24 episodes) Black and White was really good and XY was not that good.

It's not important how you begin but how you end and how you reach that end.

Reaction score
We'll just have to hope the hiatus doesn't ruin any plans they had for this series, like how the banning of the TR vs. TP two-parter changed Best Wishes a lot.
If the Magikarp/Slowking double feature filler is anything to go off of, I’d sure we’re not missing out on much with their plans especially with episodes Fujisaku does.

grass princess
Reaction score
Here comes the controversial opinion - XY was better in its first year than in its last year (not counting TF finale).
I honestly agree with this. I really loved XY for its first year or so; it was only after that I started to dislike it. If you asked me to pinpoint why, I really couldn't say. I just found it more entertaining at the beginning, whatever those reasons may be.