• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Controversial opinions

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
I actually prefer ''The Journey Starts Today" than ''1 2 3!". I'm 100 % shameless in admitting it.
The streak of "Alola killing the dub music" is still going on, with "The Journey Starts Today".
Hell, I don't like 1・2・3 very much (it's pretty bad compared to the others), but it's leagues better than the dub ones.
TL;DR I dislike both Journeys Openings. Pokemon Shiritori is the best in Journeys lol

UglyToast

Reaction score
Pronouns
Male
Catching in past series was great and meant something, those were memorable.
Many of those moments are iconic.

Gou's frantic way lacks all of that and is mostly devoid of soul and any depth.

I'm not sure this is a controversial opinion though, it more seems like a fact to me, since most of Goh's captures are happens with just throwing a ball.

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
Another Opinion that I've actually been thinking about lately.

Goh having all 3 Galar Starters isn't a problem in itself nor does it make him a creator's pet by itself

It's really not a big deal if Ash doesn't have a Galar Starter

The ACTUAL problem with Gou having all 3 Starters however, is that since Gou isn't a Battler it's really hard to develop Scorbunny, Sobble, and Grookey in any way that doesn't seem contrived and when things like Evolution occurs it feels completely unearned because we don't get to see these guys actually doing anything so it just feels like the Writers are handing Goh fully Evolved Starters on a Platter.

THAT is what makes Goh come off as a massive creator's pet

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I've seen people more angry just at the fact that Ash didn't get a single one
"Ash didn’t get even a single starter and this isn’t great" is not equal to "Go getting 3 starters by himself makes him a writer's pet". I haven’t seen any sentiment that’s upset about Go getting 3 starters all by itself, its usually linked to development issues, Galar representation in Ash's team and treatment of said starters under Go.

Rainbow-Rain

Reaction score
"Ash didn’t get even a single starter and this isn’t great" is not equal to "Go getting 3 starters by himself makes him a writer's pet". I haven’t seen any sentiment that’s upset about Go getting 3 starters all by itself.
Maybe you haven't but I definitely have

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
The ACTUAL problem with Gou having all 3 Starters however, is that since Gou isn't a Battler it's really hard to develop Scorbunny, Sobble, and Grookey in any way that doesn't seem contrived and when things like Evolution occurs it feels completely unearned because we don't get to see these guys actually doing anything so it just feels like the Writers are handing Goh fully Evolved Starters on a Platter.
This is actually a big reason why I don't like the fact that they gave him all 3 starters.

Rainbow-Rain

Reaction score
THIS
20210518_200012.jpg

Looks SO MUCH BETTER than

THIS!!
Nagisa.png

Satoshi should have a fanclub by now. I mean come on, he is a Champion, saved the world, has a special Greninja and Lycanrock.
Serena, Clemont, and Go

Last edited:
Top Bottom