• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Controversial opinions

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Pikachu used to be in nearly every Gym battle in the Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh days. I think the only one it missed was the second Brawly match and a few in DP but can’t remember off the top of my head. Pikachu hogged all the battles plenty back then as well.
But back then, most of the battles were not 1 vs 1 and the other Pokémon actually got to appear.

Enzo

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Since they were giving him fan favorites this season-Dragonite,Gengar, Lucario-you'd think they would give him an Alakazam, Gardevoir or an Espeon.
A Gardevoir would've been perfect because it's both Psychic and a Fairy, and it's a ''feminine'' Pokémon, something that would've ticked off 3 things they never gave Ash for some dumb reason.

Actually, I would go even further and would've personally given him an Hatterene as opposed to a Gardevoir, since not only fits all the things, but it's also a Galar mon and it's female-only, so that would've given more Galar rep and even filled in another thing they never gave him.

But nooo, let's make a retcon that serves no purpose and makes no sense in the narrative by giving him Mimey.

(Actually, maybe it was a blessing in disguise? Because at least neither Gardevoir nor Hatterene were caught up in this trainwreck of a team.)

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Actually, I would go even further and would've personally given him an Hatterene as opposed to a Gardevoir, since not only fits all the things, but it's also a Galar mon and it's female-only, so that would've given more Galar rep and even filled in another thing they never gave him.
A pokemon that freaks out over loud noises would be a very amusing match for Ash’s… unsubtle personality.

Sai

Reaction score
But back then, most of the battles were not 1 vs 1 and the other Pokémon actually got to appear.
The last 1 on 1 battles involved Sirfetch’d against the Gallade trainer and the other construction guy in the episode. Besides that we haven’t had any 1 on 1’s since the bottom ranks.

Every major PWC battle has been 2 on 2 or more:

Vermilion Gym
Korrina
Bea part 1
Bea part 2
Iris
Volkner
Bea part 3

That’s 7 battles and the rest of Hyper class will all be 3 on 3. I’m a little confused where people are getting the idea we’ve been only getting 1 on 1’s since that hasn’t been a thing since the first year of the series until Farfetch’d evolution and we still had multiple 2 on 2 battles as I’ve listed above in that span.

FelipePR

Reaction score
Shauna_Serena_Evolutions.png

- Hey Shauna, If Calem is the protagonist in Pokémon X (Evolution) and Y (Generations), What I supposed to do?

- Z?... Just Smile to Camera, Serena. I'm sure everything will be alright.

740fb28e2dbc4d40cc60ac433ced81a201e065d0_hq.jpg

Last edited:

Enzo

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Sirfetch'd literally didn't had a single battle after evolving until now. Over 24 eps later.

Making it the fall guy in the first on-screen battle (because of course JN is gonna pull the 'it battled off-screen'' bs again) it has after evolving over 20 eps ago is just cruelty.
Welp. Dk if I should laugh or cry. Lol

I really predicted this whole shit. That was just cruel. Can't believe Sirfetch'd didn't got a single win in the first battle it had after evolving and was made into the jobber.

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
The Sinnoh Pokémon Rap OP wasn't as bad as the internet (and you, maybe) thought.
Everything from BW to XYZ was amazing (in both EN and JP), and yeah, better than this. (DP has my favorite Pokémon song ever, though, with Kaze no Message)
But this still makes sense from Pokémon's rock roots (and especially from the 2000s when the OPs were much hard-rock sounding than the 2010s). BW was softer rock in America and Japan, and XY was both soft and hard in both regions.
Then "The Journey Starts Today" and "1, 2, 3" completely broke off of the good Pokemon OPs. I hate both of them with a burning passion.
Mafumafu sucks. Take that, probably everyone who's in my Japanese class

FelipePR

Reaction score
I think someone on the writing staff has a crush on Korrina or something. I’ve never seen a non-main character Gym leader get this much favoritism from the writers even after her gen ended.

I think this guy is me, though I don't belong to writing staff Lol. Korrina already had a favoritism in her saga, XY, since she figured during all a mini-arc with the protagonists. At the end of the league, if I'm not mistaken, there's also a scene of her watching Ash's battle.

Well, you know. It's not easy to forget such cheerful girl, especially when she, open-hearted, give away a Mega-Lucario to you. Ash certainly hasn't had the exact same treatment, but I believe he knows what I mean Lol. But honestly, plotwise, if we consider the events of the games, Korrina's presence doesn't just make sense, it's welcome.

Of course, I would also like other characters to receive similar treatment.

Last edited:

Reborn Talonflame

Reaction score
If we’re talking about English Openings, despite being my least favourite series (for now), I have to say that Best Wishes/B&W’s songs absolutely slapped, and are my personal favourites as a whole. The first one was pretty chill and cool with a nice message in a fitting context of the show, then the next two always have me singing no matter what.

I think the most underrated song is Advanced Battle though, despite its quite ironic lyrics.

I haven’t heard the most recent ones that often (XY onwards), but I can’t really say I like them that much, if at all. I appreciated the cool background themes of the Sun & Moon songs, but they fell a bit flat of the mark.

My rankings:
1) D&P Galactic Battles
2) B&W Rival Destinies & Adventures In Unova & Beyond
3) Indigo League
4) Advanced Battle
5) Johto Journeys
6) Black & White
7) Advanced Challenge
8) Advanced
9) X&Y
10) D&P Battle Dimension
11) Sun & Moon
12) Masters Quest
13) Sinnoh League Victors
14) Diamond & Pearl
15) S&M Ultra Adventures
16) Orange Islands
17) Kalos Quest
18) Journeys
19) Johto League Champions
20) Pokemon XYZ
21) S&M Ultra Legends

UglyToast

Reaction score
Pronouns
Male
(I don't know If my take on this gonna be controversial but I saw some peoples were against it, so I decided to bring it up here)
IMO, main cast should have a legendary Pokemon (captured by them or just simply want to be around of them, you choose that) and I think a Darkrai would be the best pick for that because of the upcoming BDSP remakes.

Let's think for a second, we got Manaphy; Shaymin and Arceus (sort of) but we haven't got a Darkrai yet (10th movie was more like "ok Darkrai is not the bad guy, we will help them" rather than befriending Darkrai, JN only did that for one episode and then it was forgotten)

If not for remakes, then I want something like that in gen 9 anime (especially If it's a Legendary Pokemon that can talk without using their powers for that)

Feel free to disagree with me.

Last edited:

cricketlaxwolvesbandy

8/18: Never forget what they took away from us
Reaction score
Ash’s Battle Frontier team is better than his Kalos team.

Top 10 Ash strongest Pokemon:

1. Pikachu

2. Charizard

3. Sceptile

4. Dragonite

5. Incineroar

6. Nagandel

7. Greninja

8. Infernape

9. Snorlax

10. Lucario

The controversial opinion is Greninja being out of the top 5.

HiroHunter

Limits can be broken!
Reaction score
Ash’s Battle Frontier team is better than his Kalos team.

Top 10 Ash strongest Pokemon:

1. Pikachu

2. Charizard

3. Sceptile

4. Dragonite

5. Incineroar

6. Nagandel

7. Greninja

8. Infernape

9. Snorlax

10. Lucario

The controversial opinion is Greninja being out of the top 5.
I really don't see what Dragonite or Incineroar has done to be so high up on the list. Should they be on the list maybe but not that high up. And I guess I can say the same for Lucario.

Top Bottom