• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Controversial opinions

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I think if they're going to do that now, it would have to be with someone new (Ash and Serena's kid, please!!!!) because Ash hasn't been in a gym battle now for over 5 years and I don't think he's ever going to be competing for gym badges again. Also, since he won in the Alola League (not my favorite league, but a league nonetheless) and became a champion, I really don't see him competing in a league ever again, either. (I still wish the first league win had been at the Kalos League instead.)
Well, they can always come up with an excuse. Galar had the perfect one: the trainers here are so strong that the gym leaders alone are champion level, and you cannot complete without proving your worth. Hell, getting a sponsorship could be an arc all in itself with the Galar authorities scoffing at a league with people having one Pokémon going upto the top 16. (Maybe a gag reel of random trainers showing off their ineptitude at the Alola league playing in the background).

It isn’t as if JN is exploring Ash's status as a champion. The Alola league has been forgotten already, so it shouldn't be used as an excuse to block future storylines. Specially since there’s a pretty glaring fact that the target audience hasn’t seen a gym badge quest that’s new. I think Gen 9 would to back to the gym quest as a "fresh start" to avoid the messy logistics of the PWC outcome, even if it won’t make much sense out of universe.

Because that pretty much remains the only way Ash should be a protagonist without turning him into a side character. If Ash defeats Leon or places very high on the championship, I can easily see the writing team ignore all of it for the next saga if they want to keep Ash around.

CharizardFan7

Though I'm also a Blaziken fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I remember people feeling this way at the time cuz of league hype, but can I just say that in its own right this was a really good and hilarious episode. If you love XY and miss all the characters you should definitely fill this gap in.
Well, I took your advice and watched the whole episode on Pokeflix, start to finish, a rarity for me these days. And I gotta say......wow. I forgot how much I missed the Kalos gang. (Sniff....Come back to us Serena) What I didn't miss was Chespin. I just....never really cared for it much. Its juvenile antics, gluttony, and pettiness reminded me way too much of Oshawott, who I despised. That said, Clermont was at his best in this episode, was good to see him in his element. (Although that weird gag with useless machine at the beginning of the episode with the berries and then Team Rocket's machine at the end those were uhhhh....something else. Super funny though how Serena even basically said the machine was useless.) I also liked the TR trio here. (And really, a trio, since Wobbuffet was completely absent.) They were funny to watch and James was like a parallel to Clemont since they both took pride in the inventiveness of gadgetry....or whatever. I think the other reason besides the upcoming Kalos League that I never had much interest in this episode when it first aired is because of my own lack of creativity and inventiveness and pretty much total disinterest in machines. It's the reason I don't like Steel types very much. (That and defensive playstyle....blech!) Also, I heard a rumor back around the time this episode originally aired that it was supposed to be some sort of tie-in with Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel, since they came out around the same time. Makes sense. All in all, a decent episode. Not XY's best by any means, but XY's average to decent episodes are still leaps and bounds better than what we're getting nowadays. 7/10.

CharizardFan7

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Well, they can always come up with an excuse. Galar had the perfect one: the trainers here are so strong that the gym leaders alone are champion level, and you cannot complete without proving your worth. Hell, getting a sponsorship could be an arc all in itself with the Galar authorities scoffing at a league with people having one Pokémon going upto the top 16. (Maybe a gag reel of random trainers showing off their ineptitude at the Alola league playing in the background).
I think you meant to say the Galar Gym Leaders are Elite Four level. Anyway, yeah.......except poor Galar realllly got the short end of the 'ol stick didn't it? This is Journey's third year now, and most Galar Pokemon still haven't even debuted yet. I mean, we're just getting Marnie and Piers now, in 2022. SwSh came out in 2019.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I think you meant to say the Galar Gym Leaders are Elite Four level. Anyway, yeah.......except poor Galar realllly got the short end of the 'ol stick didn't it? This is Journey's third year now, and most Galar Pokemon still haven't even debuted yet. I mean, we're just getting Marnie and Piers now, in 2022. SwSh came out in 2019.
I quoted the games there. The games flat out say that Raihan is a champion level trainer outside of Galar. Meaning he could be a champion in any other region if he wanted to be.

I was just pointing out how Ash winning a league in Alola doesn’t mean that he can never compete in a league ever again.

Audino1008

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't mind Goh's catching gimmick, I just wish it was executed better. Goh simply using Great/Ultra balls and/or the berries from GO would instantly make his captures much, much less annoying,

I don't mind Goh getting all 3 Galar starters either, I just wish they... Well, you know. Everything that could be said about Goh's starters has already been said a million times before. Especially the little NFT.

Ultimately, Goh's character, just like everything else in Journeys, is a combination of several interesting and even great concepts that are executed very poorly. But if it were up to me, I wouldn't change much of the core character concepts for Goh, just the execution.

UglyToast

Reaction score
Pronouns
Male
Alright, after a long time here's my controversial opinion about something in the Anime : Grookey was a mistake, Goh simply refuses to tame his stupid monkey and that thing just keep causing trouble for everyone, they can put that thing inside of a microwave, eat him afterwards and I wouldn't mind something like that.

CharizardFan7

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I quoted the games there. The games flat out say that Raihan is a champion level trainer outside of Galar. Meaning he could be a champion in any other region if he wanted to be.

I was just pointing out how Ash winning a league in Alola doesn’t mean that he can never compete in a league ever again.
It's only Raihan though. Plus, Ash will end up fighting him soon in the Master Class, and we don't know if another region will do what Galar did again in terms of the league setup. Besides, I have a strong hunch this might end up being Ash's final series as a main character, so yeah, I still don't see him competing in a league ever again.

cricketlaxwolvesbandy

8/18: Never forget what they took away from us
Reaction score
I feel bad for XY Ash he started off strong and was looking like he was going to go all the way. And then before he reached the end the writers or the higher ups said no and tripped him up.
I may bash on it but I feel really bad for Ashs Greninja.
Get a special form and all this development only to lose and be released and all this prior development is completely thrown out the window

CharizardFan7

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I may bash on it but I feel really bad for Ashs Greninja.
Get a special form and all this development only to lose and be released and all this prior development is completely thrown out the window
I feel ya. Especially considering it took time away from Ash's other team members who could've really used it. (Cough, cough, Noivern.) But it really sucks. The very next series we got Rowlet, who defeated its fully evolved form in a completely undeserved, cheap, and stupid excuse of a battle win, yet poor Greninja never got any redemption, despite deserving it much more than the narcoleptic owl.

MobiusKipper

"I exist only to kill... I exist only to kill...!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I think that black/white shouldnt get remakes, they are already great games, and there is no need to fix what ain't broken

MobiusKipper

"I exist only to kill... I exist only to kill...!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
The thought of B/W 3 makes me intrigued though... if they get ILCA to make it, I think it would be fun, but I have a feeling they would de-complicate Castelia or something like that, there would be one big glaring flaw haha

CharizardFan7

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
The thought of B/W 3 makes me intrigued though... if they get ILCA to make it, I think it would be fun, but I have a feeling they would de-complicate Castelia or something like that, there would be one big glaring flaw haha
Ehhhh......let's not go there.

Top Bottom