• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Controversial opinions

cricketlaxwolvesbandy

Ash's Lucario is his greatest Pokémon!
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you like it?
Felt repetitive to the Galactic arc/Arceus movie, no buildup, and it felt pointless. They could have at least done it in Stark Mountain. Plus the art style is a huge turnoff and I’m tired of Ash.
Tbf I haven’t watch the second part yet and I probably never will. I know people say “don’t judge a book by its cover” but I don’t want to waste 40 mins of my life watching it.
If there was more LA stuff I would watch it, but nope, this doesn’t even promote the new games right.

CharizardFan7

Though I'm also a Blaziken fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Felt repetitive to the Galactic arc/Arceus movie, no buildup, and it felt pointless. They could have at least done it in Stark Mountain. Plus the art style is a huge turnoff and I’m tired of Ash.
Tbf I haven’t watch the second part yet and I probably never will. I know people say “don’t judge a book by its cover” but I don’t want to waste 40 mins of my life watching it.
If there was more LA stuff I would watch it, but nope, this doesn’t even promote the new games right.
Fair enough. There was hardly any Legends Arceus promotion at all, you're right about that. Just that little snippet at the end with Rei. I'm willing to give this series the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best in the end, since I am a loyal fan of this anime and I won't ditch it no matter how controversial it gets. As for the artstyle, yeah, I'm not a fan of it either, but not much we can do about it right?

Edit: And also the catching game Cynthia had them partake in to demonstrate Hisuian Poke Balls.

Last edited:

Sai

Reaction score
You won't watch 40 minutes of a well animated special, but that's not any different than watching 20 minutes of a repetitive/mundane filler from time to time.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Regardless of what people think of Bea's treatment in the anime, for months now, I've felt her treatment in the anime has been far superior to that in Pokémon Adventures. And just now, I saw something that cemented that opinion for me.
d161faeb-9eb7-47e7-8fb6-27d109459529.png

The anime version of Bea would never say that she's inexperienced. While she's not my favorite Gym Leader of all time, I still respect her enough to take her calling herself "inexperienced" as an extremely untrue statement.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Regardless of what people think of Bea's treatment in the anime, for months now, I've felt her treatment in the anime has been far superior to that in Pokémon Adventures. And just now, I saw something that cemented that opinion for me.
View attachment 155636
The anime version of Bea would never say that she's inexperienced. While she's not my favorite Gym Leader of all time, I still respect her enough to take her calling herself "inexperienced" as an extremely untrue statement.
I don’t really follow the manga, but there are legitimately talented people with self esteem issues. Not all talented people have a mental health that allows them call themselves experienced and talented.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I don’t really follow the manga, but there are legitimately talented people with self esteem issues. Not all talented people have a mental health that allows them call themselves experienced and talented.
Maybe, but I've never been a fan of Adventures making experienced Trainers have unwarranted confidence issues.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Maybe, but I've never been a fan of Adventures making experienced Trainers have unwarranted confidence issues.
1C2A1362-328D-4B73-9F75-050D4F889785.jpeg
You might want to read about the Dunning Kruger effect. People who’re very well versed and experienced (but not the best or an expert) tend to have astronomically low estimations of what they actually know. It is a legitimate issue when a budding professional realised how vast their field of expertise actually is and how little they know.

Characters plagued by uncertainity about their own abilities is something that needs to be normalised in media in my opinion, personally and not painted as “lying to themselves”. It can be a legitimate mental health issue.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
An actual controversial opinion for once:
I don’t mind type overlaps. Honestly, a Pokémon doesn’t become useless or redundant just because another Pokémon of the same type is present. The writers neglecting one over the other is a writing issue, not a type issue. As long as they have different moves and look different enough I don’t think a Pokémon shouldn’t be added just because another one of the same type exists, and it shouldn’t be counted as a negative against the newer ‘mon.

HiroHunter

Limits can be broken!
Reaction score
View attachment 155644You might want to read about the Dunning Kruger effect. People who’re very well versed and experienced (but not the best or an expert) tend to have astronomically low estimations of what they actually know. It is a legitimate issue when a budding professional realised how vast their field of expertise actually is and how little they know.

Characters plagued by uncertainity about their own abilities is something that needs to be normalised in media in my opinion, personally and not painted as “lying to themselves”. It can be a legitimate mental health issue.
Ok I get what you mean but why use Bea for this? I feel like it would make more sense to use Gordie for this.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Ok I get what you mean but why use Bea for this? I feel like it would make more sense to use Gordie for this.
Like I said, I have no idea since I don’t follow the manga, I was just commenting on the general complaint of “character is deliberately lying about their own abilities" thing.

cricketlaxwolvesbandy

Ash's Lucario is his greatest Pokémon!
Reaction score
I’m going to write a very long rant about Ash-Greninja’s storyline and how Greninja got wasted and thus is not as strong as Sceptile, Pikachu, Charizard, etc. I’m going to be quoting some replies on this thread about it if that’s okay.

HiroHunter

Limits can be broken!
Reaction score
I’m going to write a very long rant about Ash-Greninja’s storyline and how Greninja got wasted and thus is not as strong as Sceptile, Pikachu, Charizard, etc. I’m going to be quoting some replies on this thread about it if that’s okay.
I'm just going to say that just because Ash-Greninja's arc was wasted and I agree to that. That doesn't mean that its weaker than any of Ash's older aces.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I agree that they handled Ash-Greninja's story poorly with how they wrapped it up. I think forcing that loss against Alain was one of the absolute worst decisions the writers have ever made. But you are seriously over-exaggerating Ash-'Greninja being weaker just because of one battle that should have gone his way to begin with.

UglyToast

Reaction score
Pronouns
Male
It was one battle and it was a battle he would have won if not for the fact that Alain's MCX was given all of the plot armor needed to somehow no sell Ash-Greninja's last attack.
I mean Charizard gained Dragon Typing with it's Mega Evolution which cancelled out it's Water weakness but yeah.