• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Controversial opinions

Ghost Diplocaulus

Detroit SMAAAASH! Eevee style.
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Those Evolutions look great. Why did JN get rid of them?
I feel like it might be for the same reason that moves like Iron Tail, Metal Claw, and Iron Head were only made to look like actual steel for exactly one series before being changed back to the standard "glow white": budget.

Alola

UltraMysteryDungeon, when?
Reaction score
I feel like it might be for the same reason that moves like Iron Tail, Metal Claw, and Iron Head were only made to look like actual steel for exactly one series before being changed back to the standard "glow white": budget.
Sigh. Like how we lost XY's lack of blur and stock backgrounds for moves and battles. I really wish that was a staple going forward; certainly helped with the immersion, with a good example being Viola's greenhouse during her Gym Battles.

cricketlaxwolvesbandy

8/18: Never forget what they took away from us
Reaction score
Sigh. Like how we lost XY's lack of blur and stock backgrounds for moves and battles. I really wish that was a staple going forward; certainly helped with the immersion, with a good example being Viola's greenhouse during her Gym Battles.
I wish we kept XYs art style. Ash looked so much older and mature and we should have had that Ash going forward. Gen 9 can right what was wronged

Ghost Diplocaulus

Detroit SMAAAASH! Eevee style.
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Weren’t the Sailor Moon evolutions intentionally exclusive to the Tsareena line?
No, in that same clip you can actually see Ash's Rockruff's evolution too and it's animated the same way with the body parts visibly morphing and the Pokemon not turning into a silhouette of light.

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I really liked Charjabug's evolution animation the way it burst out of its shell and becomes Vikavolt. I agree they really should bring back those unique evolutions.

RK9

Gen V was the peak.
Reaction score
Lol, SM really said "You know those Digimon evolution sequences? Yeah, do us a couple of those, please."

Turns out Pokemon is a Digimon rip-off!!!!! Smh my head!

Chilon

Sorry Skarmory!!!:(
Reaction score
Pronouns
Him
The evolution sequence are the only cool thing on the allola region. And Vulpix

Enzo

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Say what you will about Sun and Moon but I will NEVER forgive Journeys for getting rid of the Unique Evolution Animations!!!

https://twitter.com/lindalejandrad1/status/1535553158054920193?t=5-fmAPeZuPKbmJK3dxu5OQ&s=19
I love just how unique and fun these evolutions look.

Mallow's Tsareena evolves twice just like a Magical Girl transformation;

You can see Rockruff "absorbing" some energy aroung himself and then actually morphing;

If you pay close attention, you can Grubbin for just a fraction of a second when Charjabug evolves. It's like Charjabug is treated as an actual cocoon for the eventual Vikavolt, and I really love it.

And finally, I love how they didn't used the blueish white light for Litten, it just engulfes itself in flames and then comes out as a Torracat

Idk, there's something so fulfilling in seeing evolutions being trated as an actual biological process and opposed to some form of "magic" it was always treated as. I don't want this to seem like another dunk on JN, but it just reminds me of just how much personality the anime lost when JN got out.

Chilon

Reaction score
Pronouns
Him
I don't expect anything from Pokemon Journeys other than to properly introduce the new Galar Pokemon. I don't care if it knocks out the whole personality, although of course it would be cooler. I'm still waiting for Lana to arrive with Crarmorant!

Reaction score
Something I absolutely don't understand about Rockruff's Evolution is why did Tapu Lele use Draining Kiss on Ash. The Evolution scene would have been perfectly okay to me if it didn't do this.

Weddingbells

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
Something I absolutely don't understand about Rockruff's Evolution is why did Tapu Lele use Draining Kiss on Ash. The Evolution scene would have been perfectly okay to me if it didn't do this.
What's wrong with it using draining kiss on ash ?

Chilon

Reaction score
Pronouns
Him
Its very curios. Imagine a Pokemon just kissing a human and draining energy from him? Imagine Ash would have died So the consequences

Reaction score
The thing wrong about that is the fact that it looks like a symbol, as if Dusk Lycanroc was Ash-Lycanroc, as Tapu Lele also used the move on the other 2 Lycanrocs. The problem is that having an Ace being an "Ash-Pokémon" feels extremely rendundant after Ash-Greninja.

Weddingbells

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
The thing wrong about that is the fact that it looks like a symbol, as if Dusk Lycanroc was Ash-Lycanroc, as Tapu Lele also used the move on the other 2 Lycanrocs. The problem is that having an Ace being an "Ash-Pokémon" feels extremely rendundant after Ash-Greninja.
What? No it doesn't. All she did was kiss him on the cheek to have enough energy to rockruff. It's not like lycanroc fur turned resembled ash clothes or anything

Reaction score
Ah ok. It's just that I have seen reviews that correlated Lycanroc's Dusk Form with the Draining Kiss (the only Pokémon Tapu Lele kissed were the 2 other Lycanrocs).

Chilon

Reaction score
Pronouns
Him
Rockruff's evolution is well done. And it's one of the most intimate Pokemon sequels that go really deep. One Journey Ends, Another Begins... is another such episode. I have to commend Sun and Moon for that!

Chilon

Reaction score
Pronouns
Him
The really disappointing thing for me was that Kukui didn't use a single Alola Pokemon? There would have been so many: Passimian, Lurantis, and Golem Alola Form. I don't want to see an entire Alola team, but maybe a few. It was the penultimate episode (and still two before that) because you could have let the region and its Pokemon pass by. But they make them look like wild Pokemon that might as well fight a bit! (We've never really seen them "fight") Oh man how can you just let an opportunity like this pass? (Also in Battle Royal 151 I missed the hikers. So the ones from Sparking Confusion)

Top Bottom