• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Controversial opinions

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Alain beating Ash actually made sense

Sophocles actually has his own decipherable personality and isn't a carbon copy of Clemont.

(This is more of a game one, but he was featured heavily in the anime so it works) Mega Charizard X doesn't need to exist.

I really enjoy SM's art style, it fits the turn the show took.

Johto was not as boring as people take it to be, it actually had many great episodes.

The Kanto series, wasn't that good. Yes there are some memorable episodes in there, but I prefer Johto and Sinnoh to Kanto.

I'm completely fine if they keep reusing Ash over and over. It's already been happening for 20 years, why stop now?

Brock's flirtatious actions with women got pretty boring after a while (especially with Joy and Jenny). For fudge sake the next time we see him I just want him to have a real girlfriend)

TR's motto never gets old

Ash shouldn't have a love interest, ever. Its fine if others like him, but if he continues to be 10, and keeps getting reused, it pretty much makes sense that he never really has a love interest.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Paul is overrated. He takes his recovering Pokémon from a hospital bed to make it battle despite Nurse Joy telling him not too, and not even the Champion bats an eye. He should have got his Trainer license revoked.
And he never changed.

Reaction score
Johto in hindsight is very enjoyable and entertaining.

DP and especially XY are hugely overrated.

XY is literally horrible writing that they use explosions and hard core action to distract viewers from.

The 4KIds dub music was pretty good.

TR are the best part of the show.

Pikachu is repetitive

Reaction score
I had no problem with Dawn appearing in BW. Given we will never see her again, her appearing is better than her not appearing. I even think she should have stayed more. I know Unova has no Contests, but it could have been some vacation for her.

Reaction score
Misty is overrated. What about slapping Ash or hitting him with a log?

Reaction score
It's called slapstick physical comedy, a much widely-used comedic device in several shows and films.

Reaction score
Paul was not an evil animal abuser like everyone thinks. His trial by fire attitude just failed to mesh with chimchar.

Reaction score
From what I've seen there doesn't seem to be a lot of overlap between fans who love the more serious battle-oriented side of the series and fans who love the TRio, but I love both.
Me too. This is why I particularly like the TRio's battle from BW110 (the second episode from Episode N). It's actually pretty short, but it does have a more serious, 'strategic' feel that most Rocket battles lack.

What wouldn't I do for a complete, tournament-like battle featuring Jessie and James to remind us that hey, they're also Pokémon Trainers.

Reaction score
Me too. This is why I particularly like the TRio's battle from BW110 (the second episode from Episode N). It's actually pretty short, but it does have a more serious, 'strategic' feel that most Rocket battles lack.

What wouldn't I do for a complete, tournament-like battle featuring Jessie and James to remind us that hey, they're also Pokémon Trainers.
Maybe if they focused more on training their Pokémon instead of stalking Ash, they would do better at battles.

Reaction score
Maybe if they focused more on training their Pokémon instead of stalking Ash, they would do better at battles.
Yeah, that's true. Their Pokémon are never properly trained, I give you that, but that doesn't change the fact that 90% of their battles are done in a rush, as a last resort to steal Pikachu when Plan A fails. One battle in a proper battlefield, with no blastoffs, and with all the Pokémon from one side actually fainting is all I ask.

Pikachu's Global Adventure
Reaction score
Yeah, that's true. Their Pokémon are never properly trained, I give you that, but that doesn't change the fact that 90% of their battles are done in a rush, as a last resort to steal Pikachu when Plan A fails. One battle in a proper battlefield, with no blastoffs, and with all the Pokémon from one side actually fainting is all I ask.
I did recall that Team Rocket defeated Ash in a fair battle, only for Bewear to snatch them up because the show wouldn't go on if Ash loses all of his Pokémon.

Reaction score
-I actually do agree with people who say that Ash should have been replaced after the original series or heck even after the indigo league.

-I'm sorta glad that brock is gone from the anime, if he had stayed for black and white it would have been a repeat of sinnoh brock who was pretty boring to me.