• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

I don't care about the Mewtwo movie remake for two reasons. The first being that I already have the best cut of that movie which was only released on VHS in Japan so any version they release after that I could care less about. Second is because I'd like to think that having an all CG movie this year means the next hand-drawn movie is going to be truly spectacular!

I don't care about the Mewtwo movie remake for two reasons. The first being that I already have the best cut of that movie which was only released on VHS in Japan so any version they release after that I could care less about. Second is because I'd like to think that having an all CG movie this year means the next hand-drawn movie is going to be truly spectacular!
Who says there even will be more hand-drawn movies anymore?

Who says there won't be?
I really hope that the movies don’t stay in CGI forever. Especially with the awesome. animation potential they showed off with M21 (and M20 to an extent).
I didn't say that would absolutely be there case. Just wanted to make you think of that possibility.

I didn't say that would absolutely be there case. Just wanted to make you think of that possibility.

I didn't say anything would be definite either. I said I'd like to think that a CG movie this year means a more spectacular hand-drawn movie next year. Or they're busy developing Sword and Shield.

I honestly don't like some character depictions in Pokémon Adventures. Overall, the manga is great, but some character traits just rub me the wrong way.

The most obvious one of these applies to most/all of the Pokédex holders. These characters already start out with some kind of special skill that puts them above the rest. And this right away limits the amount of character growth they can have. Let's take Crystal for example. She already had a full team when she first appeared, was already ridiculously skilled at capturing Pokémon, and was only able to receive any real character development by being downgraded and then having to work her way back up again. And the reason for said downgrade? She failed to catch one Pokémon. One. Pokémon. A single failure caused her entire skillset to come crashing down.

I could honestly go on and on about this subject...

This subject was inspired by @Guzma. Thank you.

I have no love for Team Skull + Guzma, Team Flare + Lysandre, Team Magma&Aqua + Archie and Maxie. I can't stand any of them.

I think that Dedenne is one of the best secondary mascots we've had thus far. There was more of an in-universe reason as to why it was almost always out of its Pokeball. Bonnie technically wasn't its trainer, although she might as well have held onto its Pokeball considering that Clemont barely did anything with Dedenne, so she could have it out in her bag to play with and take care of it. Since it was a single stage Pokemon, they didn't have to avoid evolving it.

I'd say that Piplup is the best secondary mascot for its personality and believable progression of strength over the course of the series, but I think Dedenne filled the role pretty well and avoided some of the issues that other secondary mascots dealt with, mainly the lack of an evolution.

Back
Top Bottom