• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

Alain beating Ash actually made sense

Sophocles actually has his own decipherable personality and isn't a carbon copy of Clemont.

(This is more of a game one, but he was featured heavily in the anime so it works) Mega Charizard X doesn't need to exist.

I really enjoy SM's art style, it fits the turn the show took.

Johto was not as boring as people take it to be, it actually had many great episodes.

The Kanto series, wasn't that good. Yes there are some memorable episodes in there, but I prefer Johto and Sinnoh to Kanto.

I'm completely fine if they keep reusing Ash over and over. It's already been happening for 20 years, why stop now?

Brock's flirtatious actions with women got pretty boring after a while (especially with Joy and Jenny). For fudge sake the next time we see him I just want him to have a real girlfriend)

TR's motto never gets old

Ash shouldn't have a love interest, ever. Its fine if others like him, but if he continues to be 10, and keeps getting reused, it pretty much makes sense that he never really has a love interest.

Last edited:
Johto in hindsight is very enjoyable and entertaining.

DP and especially XY are hugely overrated.

XY is literally horrible writing that they use explosions and hard core action to distract viewers from.

The 4KIds dub music was pretty good.

TR are the best part of the show.

Pikachu is repetitive

I had no problem with Dawn appearing in BW. Given we will never see her again, her appearing is better than her not appearing. I even think she should have stayed more. I know Unova has no Contests, but it could have been some vacation for her.

It's called slapstick physical comedy, a much widely-used comedic device in several shows and films.

Paul was not an evil animal abuser like everyone thinks. His trial by fire attitude just failed to mesh with chimchar.

From what I've seen there doesn't seem to be a lot of overlap between fans who love the more serious battle-oriented side of the series and fans who love the TRio, but I love both.
Me too. This is why I particularly like the TRio's battle from BW110 (the second episode from Episode N). It's actually pretty short, but it does have a more serious, 'strategic' feel that most Rocket battles lack.

What wouldn't I do for a complete, tournament-like battle featuring Jessie and James to remind us that hey, they're also Pokémon Trainers.

Me too. This is why I particularly like the TRio's battle from BW110 (the second episode from Episode N). It's actually pretty short, but it does have a more serious, 'strategic' feel that most Rocket battles lack.

What wouldn't I do for a complete, tournament-like battle featuring Jessie and James to remind us that hey, they're also Pokémon Trainers.

Maybe if they focused more on training their Pokémon instead of stalking Ash, they would do better at battles.

Maybe if they focused more on training their Pokémon instead of stalking Ash, they would do better at battles.
Yeah, that's true. Their Pokémon are never properly trained, I give you that, but that doesn't change the fact that 90% of their battles are done in a rush, as a last resort to steal Pikachu when Plan A fails. One battle in a proper battlefield, with no blastoffs, and with all the Pokémon from one side actually fainting is all I ask.

Yeah, that's true. Their Pokémon are never properly trained, I give you that, but that doesn't change the fact that 90% of their battles are done in a rush, as a last resort to steal Pikachu when Plan A fails. One battle in a proper battlefield, with no blastoffs, and with all the Pokémon from one side actually fainting is all I ask.

I did recall that Team Rocket defeated Ash in a fair battle, only for Bewear to snatch them up because the show wouldn't go on if Ash loses all of his Pokémon.

-I actually do agree with people who say that Ash should have been replaced after the original series or heck even after the indigo league.

-I'm sorta glad that brock is gone from the anime, if he had stayed for black and white it would have been a repeat of sinnoh brock who was pretty boring to me.

Back
Top Bottom