• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

Origins Mewtwo still never used Aura Sphere in Origins.

Well going with movesets shown would indeed have Greninja winning but its slightly harsh to handicap Mewtwo to only gen one moves. Allow both to fill out their move sets and Metwo would tank a Night Slash and then Aura Spehre Greninja

Well going with movesets shown would indeed have Greninja winning but its slightly harsh to handicap Mewtwo to only gen one moves. Allow both to fill out their move sets and Metwo would tank a Night Slash and then Aura Spehre Greninja
To me it makes more sense to use the moves set that they had so for Origins Mewtwo he only used Recover, Confusion, Barrier, and Swift that his move set.

To me it makes more sense to use the moves set that they had so for Origins Mewtwo he only used Recover, Confusion, Barrier, and Swift that his move set.

252+ SpA Mew Swift vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 79-94 (27.7 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

lol

252+ SpA Mew Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 212-250 (74.3 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Looks like Greninja might still win actually.

252+ SpA Mew Swift vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 79-94 (27.7 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

lol

252+ SpA Mew Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 212-250 (74.3 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Looks like Greninja might still win actually.
Why are you using Mew and not Mewtwo?

Why are you using Mew and not Mewtwo?

Shit. I didn't even notice.

252+ SpA Mewtwo Swift vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 108-128 (37.8 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Mewtwo Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 288-340 (101 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It's pretty close. Looks like Mewtwo JUST kills Greninja, though if Ash invested in Special Attack it'd be interesting.

252+ Atk Greninja Night Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo: 222-264 (77.8 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

RIP Ash.

252+ Atk Greninja Tackle vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo: 53-63 (18.5 - 22.1%) -- possible 5HKO

lol (it wouldn't let me use Cut for some reason, so I put Tackle and changed it to Tackle and put the damage to 50 not 40)

and just cuz it's funny

0+ Atk Greninja Tackle vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo: 33-39 (11.5 - 13.6%) -- possible 8HKO

Shit. I didn't even notice.

252+ SpA Mewtwo Swift vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 108-128 (37.8 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Mewtwo Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 288-340 (101 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It's pretty close. Looks like Mewtwo JUST kills Greninja, though if Ash invested in Special Attack it'd be interesting.

252+ Atk Greninja Night Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo: 222-264 (77.8 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

RIP Ash.

252+ Atk Greninja Tackle vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo: 53-63 (18.5 - 22.1%) -- possible 5HKO

lol (it wouldn't let me use Cut for some reason, so I put Tackle and changed it to Tackle and put the damage to 50 not 40)

and just cuz it's funny

0+ Atk Greninja Tackle vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo: 33-39 (11.5 - 13.6%) -- possible 8HKO
And why are you using base Greninja and not Ash-Greninja? And where's Water Shuriken?

Ash has gotta kill a Pokemon first and if we use Ash-Greninja we gotta use Mega Mewtwo
Whilst, I agree that Mewtwo can overpower Greninja because it is a Greninja, who is going to mega evolve a Mewtwo? Mega Evolution is a bond between trainer and Pokemon. Further to that, Mewtwo doesn't like humans.

Whilst, I agree that Mewtwo can overpower Greninja because it is a Greninja, who is going to mega evolve a Mewtwo? Mega Evolution is a bond between trainer and Pokemon. Further to that, Mewtwo doesn't like humans.

Mewtwo does casually Mega Evolve on its own in gen 5 tbf

Also I think the bond part isn't canon lol, you can catch a wild Heracross and Mega it 12 seconds later

Mewtwo does casually Mega Evolve on its own in gen 5 tbf

Also I think the bond part isn't canon lol, you can catch a wild Heracross and Mega it 12 seconds later
Origins Mewtwo can't use ME on his own and in the anime thats how it works. And while I do think that Origins Mewtwo may be able to beat base Greninja, but he won't beat Ash-Greninja.

Nah you can Mega whenever you want but as shown with Lucario, if they aren't real friends the Pokemon will go crazy and try to murder everyone

Nah you can Mega whenever you want but as shown with Lucario, if they aren't real friends the Pokemon will go crazy and try to murder everyone
And in addition to this point, Mewtwo doesn't want the trainer connection anyway so it should be plausible. Also, rage normally does make you stronger in the anime. I just feel like Ash-Greninja was hyped up in the anime too much.

Mewtwo can mega evolve before Greninja can turn into Ash-Greninja. Also, Greninja needs to actually land some hits first before bonding with Ash.

And in addition to this point, Mewtwo doesn't want the trainer connection anyway so it should be plausible. Also, rage normally does make you stronger in the anime. I just feel like Ash-Greninja was hyped up in the anime too much.

Mewtwo can mega evolve before Greninja can turn into Ash-Greninja. Also, Greninja needs to actually land some hits first before bonding with Ash.
When can Origins Mewtwo use ME? And if he can why didn't he use it when fighting Origins Red?

This is pretty much going to be a direct repeat of some stuff about the XY (mostly XYZ) series from a Unpopular Opinions page on Behind The Voice Actors so here's everything I said about it:
"Despite the XY series being a favourite of mine in most cases it isn't 100% perfect.

Serena improved as a character later on but I found her to be rather dull at the start of the series.

The plot involving those Malamar looked intriguing.... and then the show just randomly abandons it all for no reason.

Animation although nice isn't always amazing (eg: filler ep before the league).

Greninja's release is easily one of the most forced in the history of the series, I mean I get this is all just one huge advertisement for the game and Ash pretty much has to leave most of his Pokemon for the next region but the entire episode and excuse for our froggy's departure was just dreadful, not to mention it contradicts some of Zygarde's character."

"Not to mention too many filler episodes (and not even good ones at that), barely anything from Lysandre or Team Flare (with only bits and pieces of them throughout the series until the middle of the league), Showcases not really being my *chuckle* "Cup of Tea" despite Serena's improvement IMO, a dreadful boring league where battles are rushed through in mere seconds and due to that only Sawyer and Alain's battles were any good, Alain (though one of my favourite characters) saying he wasn't going to do the league and then the next second showing up for the league (probably a rewrite or something) and then to top it all off Greninja becomes the region's weed whacker for all of eternity in a dreadful release episode where Xerosic just feels shoved in and the emotional punch is missing in action.

I mean I still enjoy the XY series and there definitely are some great moments but looking back now, it's a good series but it really has some big flaws and the cracks really start showing towards the end."

Controversional opinion? Some of them were said already, but whatever.
1. Alain deserved to win over Ash.
2. Ash Ketchum should have been replaced at some point ( I'd say after Hoenn or Johto).
(Now seriously, those 2 points were mentioned a lot in this thread, werent they?)
3. I dont like both SM openings. COME AT ME.
4. I don't really like it that SM pictures Ultra Beasts as goofy, comedical charcters (with exeption of Nihillego and possibly Necrozma).
5. I freaking despise Tapus. I sometimes think they murdered innocent people for their amusement, I wouldn't be even suprised if that's to be considered canon.
6. SM anime is not paying respect to the games (now that's a real controversional opinion!).
7. Mewtwo from the first movie should die just for burning that lab down. Look for Amber and Dr. Fuji backstory if you don't know what I mean.
8. Watching the movie 20, I didn't miss Brock and Misty at all.
9. As partially implied in 8, I hate Misty and Brock. Misty was an evil person, (I'd use harsher words to describe her, honestly) and Brock was annoying at times. Also his gag was really boring after some time.

Controversional opinion? Some of them were said already, but whatever.
1. Alain deserved to win over Ash.
2. Ash Ketchum should have been replaced at some point ( I'd say after Hoenn or Johto).
(Now seriously, those 2 points were mentioned a lot in this thread, werent they?)
3. I dont like both SM openings. COME AT ME.
4. I don't really like it that SM pictures Ultra Beasts as goofy, comedical charcters (with exeption of Nihillego and possibly Necrozma).
5. I freaking despise Tapus. I sometimes think they murdered innocent people for their amusement, I wouldn't be even suprised if that's to be considered canon.
6. SM anime is not paying respect to the games (now that's a real controversional opinion!).
7. Mewtwo from the first movie should die just for burning that lab down. Look for Amber and Dr. Fuji backstory if you don't know what I mean.
8. Watching the movie 20, I didn't miss Brock and Misty at all.
9. As partially implied in 8, I hate Misty and Brock. Misty was an evil person, (I'd use harsher words to describe her, honestly) and Brock was annoying at times. Also his gag was really boring after some time.
I agree with you, except number 1. Ash deserved to win but the way they let him lose was dull! SM is not even funny or exciting anymore

I personally feel Alain deserved to win.
Are we seriously saying Ash deserved to win without any extra training (other than a bonding session) while Alain was taking on Mega Evolved Pokemon time and time again (along with 10 Mega Evolved Pokemon in a row with the last one being an Elite Four Member's Pokemon).

Sure it looks nice to see the hero win after losing to the same person, but I feel the notion Alain didn’t 'deserve' to win is strange.
He trainer a lot and his reward was a league victory.

That doesn’t mean that everything with Alain was good imo. His team was put together without the viewers knowing he had something beyond Charizard and Metang. A scene or two with Tranquil and/or Pawniard in Sycamore's lab would have been enough to show that he had other Pokémon.
I also feel Alain should've ended up with some badges before Ash inspires him to join the league- most probably Korrina and Wulfric's since they use Mega Evolved Pokemon. It could be explained as an attempt to collect energy.

Alain could’ve been handled better but his win was deserved.

The fact that Alain feels like a last minute addition to the Kalos League does make it harder for me to believe he deserves to win His entire motivation for getting all eight badges ridiculously fast was just so he could battle Ash again. That motivation doesn't really make any sense because he could have just battled Ash outside of the Kalos League. It would be different if he was already getting badges prior to meeting Ash, even just a couple of them, but he could have easily just waited until after the Kalos League to battle Ash. We don't really see Alain training either. He battled against Mega Pokemon with his Mega Charizard X, but it was already ridiculously powerful with only one loss to an Elite 4 member in the first Mega Evolution special. We didn't even know his full team until his match against Ash. Alain is just an overpowered trainer designed to prevent Ash from winning the League. He's not really different from Tobias in that regard. Plus, it does kind of rub me the wrong way that a trainer who wasn't even interested in the League in the first place breezed through the competition against people who actually wanted to win.

That being said, I'm not sure if I'd say Ash deserved to win exactly either. Even before his match with Alain, the Kalos League rubbed me the wrong way given its rushed pacing and we didn't really get to see a nice progression of Ash climbing up the ranks to make getting to the final round more satisfying. It's satisfying for long time fans in the sense that Ash finally could potentially win a League, but in the context of just the XY series, it felt a little bit too rushed for my tastes. Unlike Alain, we actually saw his skills progress throughout the series, so the idea of Ash winning wouldn't have been forced or unbelievable. He had more of a reason two win than Alain did at least. Ash actually wanted to win the Kalos League and it would help with his goal of becoming a Pokemon Master. Alain winning didn't really matter for him in the grand scheme of things and it was seemingly just to keep the status quo in tact.

Back
Top Bottom