• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

Its because they only wanted Ash to have pokemon from Kalos outside of Pikachu.
While that may be, that also seems to defeat the purpose of advertising this feature considering that only Pokémon not from the Kalos region Mega Evolve. Even the games themselves gave importance to some of those Pokémon in that they gave you a Kanto starter as well with the purpose that they could Mega Evolve. The anime should have taken note and possibly even had Ash get his Gible from Professor Oak for whatever reason since it’d then give them the whole region to develop it.

Is that an unpopular opinion?
No idea. Seems people really liked the form from how I’ve heard it talked about over the years.

I dislike the dynamax phenomenon. it is just enlarging
That's not a controversial opinion lolz. Almost everyone hates Dynamax due to it being a cheap gimmick. The only thing that's more hateable than that is Gigantamax which is basically a cheap version of Mega Evolution. Instead of continuing to add new Megas, they discard everything and go for cheap gimmicks.

I thought Ash-Greninja was weird but was mostly okay with it until it started being handed out in the games. Then it got really weird. Why is Ash giving me his Greninja? Why can it still do a Bond power-up with him?
...Greninja is a ninja. Is it here to "eliminate" me before a league match with Ash or something?

Is it me or is Mimikyu being fed a bit a disturbing?
Saw that earlier today on twitter and almost managed to forget about it.

I don't think that the Battle Royal in the Alola League bothered me that much. I do agree with the general complaints about it. It was too chaotic as basically a free for all and a rushed attempt to get through the preliminary round as quickly as possible. The main problem I have with it is mostly about how unbelievable it was for all of Ash's friends to get through it. Obviously, they wouldn't want to have any main characters losing in the first round, especially when that would make Lillie mastering her Z-Move and Sophocles being more comfortable battling virtually pointless, but at the same time, it was just too hard to believe some of them made it passed the first round. I think Lana used Sandy in a battle once or twice and Shaymin was pretty much just a decoration in Mallow's arms, but they somehow survived the preliminary round and won a couple of battles at least. Snowy helping to defeat a Salamence might be the most unbelievable thing in SM, or at least it would be pretty high up on the list. Togedemaru learning a new move off screen was also kind of annoying, especially when it hadn't gotten that much attention for quite some time compared to his Vikavolt.

If the cast had stronger Pokemon and/or were shown to be compete battlers throughout the series like Kiawe, then I probably would have been okay with the Battle Royal format. I think that the only other classmate who could arguably be seen as a compete battler would be Lana, but even then, I always found her to be pretty overrated.

I hope after one season we get Galar and real Sword and Shield anime. This series better feauture battle tree and some battles to show Ash old pokemon. A 6vs6 against Cynthia and other trainers. Incineroar and many old need to show up and shine. Meltang to Galar with Pikachu or a new start?

Last edited:
I hope after one season we get Galar and real Sword and Shield anime. This series better feauture battle tree and some battles to show Ash old pokemon. A 6vs6 against Cynthia and other trainers. Incineroar and many old need to show up and shine. Meltang to Galar with Pikachu or a new start?
I just want to know what ash will capture.

This series will be a 1 season battle tree that Ash may battle Cynthia and others using Alola and roosters from past 6 gens... He has a free slot after dragon/poison left.

I care more if all gym leaders get Gigantamax? Nessa and Milo could win with Ash.

Cramorant instead of Goldeen, Barawcuda not arawcuda and G-Drednaw. We need Jaw lock. Milo could het Aplin with bulletproof, Eldegos with cotton guard and Apletun with Thick fat. He could beat Ash with Dynamax Eldegos and loose with Gigantamax Alletun, a strong grass gym...

Could see Ash with all starters, Dragonpult, frostmoth/eiscue, sandacobra, corviknight and using Alola pokemon before catching more new ones.

The fire gym may feature Turtonator, Arcanine/ninetales(dont see both) and Centiscorch.

Back
Top Bottom