• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

This series will be a 1 season battle tree that Ash may battle Cynthia and others using Alola and roosters from past 6 gens... He has a free slot after dragon/poison left.

I care more if all gym leaders get Gigantamax? Nessa and Milo could win with Ash.

Cramorant instead of Goldeen, Barawcuda not arawcuda and G-Drednaw. We need Jaw lock. Milo could het Aplin with bulletproof, Eldegos with cotton guard and Apletun with Thick fat. He could beat Ash with Dynamax Eldegos and loose with Gigantamax Alletun, a strong grass gym...

Could see Ash with all starters, Dragonpult, frostmoth/eiscue, sandacobra, corviknight and using Alola pokemon before catching more new ones.

The fire gym may feature Turtonator, Arcanine/ninetales(dont see both) and Centiscorch.
I don’t think eiscue would fit him plus go already has scorbunny he never shares his starters with anyone unless they’re from previous generations.

I don’t think eiscue would fit him plus go already has scorbunny he never shares his starters with anyone unless they’re from previous generations.

I think Ash gets after Go his own one and new travel companions after one series. Or he will catch both other starters.

My controversial opinion is that people shouldn't criticize controversial opinions people post in this thread. Asking questions is still fine though. Had to say it.
... Really? Well, if I compare the quallity of good and constructive discussions I had with people who think the same way you do, to the quallity of such discussions I had with people who present the inverse of this approach... Well...

I'll humour you for a minute. Clears throat

'I think sand is a liquid and space doesn't exist.'

'Then what we're seeing when we're looking into the night sky? And why do you say sand is a liquid, have you ever been to the b...'

'SHUUUUTTTTT UUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! It's all my opinion! I just don't mind the idea of there being no space and I like to think of sand as a liquid! How dare you criticize me!!'

... Really? Well, if I compare the quallity of good and constructive discussions I had with people who think the same way you do, to the quallity of such discussions I had with people who present the inverse of this approach... Well...

'Then what we're seeing when we're looking into the night sky? And why do you say sand is a liquid, have you ever been to the b...'

'SHUUUUTTTTT UUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! It's all my opinion! I just don't mind the idea of there being no space and I like to think of sand as a liquid! How dare you criticize me!!'

That is literally not what @marshiyanmisuta meant at all but go off I guess.

I hope after one season we get Galar and real Sword and Shield anime. This series better feauture battle tree and some battles to show Ash old pokemon. A 6vs6 against Cynthia and other trainers. Incineroar and many old need to show up and shine. Meltang to Galar with Pikachu or a new start?

The new series is the real Shield and Sword anime. I don't think it's a transitional period if that what you're implying; we're getting 3-4 years of nostalgia bait and constant back and forth between regions from the look of it and that's it.

The new series is the real Shield and Sword anime. I don't think it's a transitional period if that what you're implying; we're getting 3-4 years of nostalgia bait and constant back and forth between regions from the look of it and that's it.
We need at some point the new journey.

I don't think that the Battle Royal in the Alola League bothered me that much. I do agree with the general complaints about it. It was too chaotic as basically a free for all and a rushed attempt to get through the preliminary round as quickly as possible. The main problem I have with it is mostly about how unbelievable it was for all of Ash's friends to get through it. Obviously, they wouldn't want to have any main characters losing in the first round, especially when that would make Lillie mastering her Z-Move and Sophocles being more comfortable battling virtually pointless, but at the same time, it was just too hard to believe some of them made it passed the first round. I think Lana used Sandy in a battle once or twice and Shaymin was pretty much just a decoration in Mallow's arms, but they somehow survived the preliminary round and won a couple of battles at least. Snowy helping to defeat a Salamence might be the most unbelievable thing in SM, or at least it would be pretty high up on the list. Togedemaru learning a new move off screen was also kind of annoying, especially when it hadn't gotten that much attention for quite some time compared to his Vikavolt.

If the cast had stronger Pokemon and/or were shown to be compete battlers throughout the series like Kiawe, then I probably would have been okay with the Battle Royal format. I think that the only other classmate who could arguably be seen as a compete battler would be Lana, but even then, I always found her to be pretty overrated.
On top of all this, it felt to me like it was kind of cheating too. The classmates and those they are friends with didn't attack each other at all, when the battle is supposed to be a free-for-all. On top of that, they also would cut in and help out when someone else was attacking one of their friends. There were no ground rules for or against this, but it seems a bit unfair, if you were there but you didn't know anyone else there, you would be at a huge disadvantage. If you accidentally attacked the wrong popular person, you have a ton of others to deal with. The point of the league is to determine who is the strongest trainer, not who has the most friends. Friendship is important, but since the league was about welcoming everyone, they should give everyone a fair opportunity.

That moment where Ash and Gladion stood and stared at each other, some people said they liked that moment, but it really bothered me, because they are supposed to be battling each other. It is a little more defensible, because strategically you may not want to tire yourself out against someone you know is really good in this type of format, but I still really was rubbed the wrong way by all the cooperation in a free for all, and just how unfair that is to other competitors.

On top of all this, it felt to me like it was kind of cheating too. The classmates and those they are friends with didn't attack each other at all, when the battle is supposed to be a free-for-all. On top of that, they also would cut in and help out when someone else was attacking one of their friends. There were no ground rules for or against this, but it seems a bit unfair, if you were there but you didn't know anyone else there, you would be at a huge disadvantage. If you accidentally attacked the wrong popular person, you have a ton of others to deal with. The point of the league is to determine who is the strongest trainer, not who has the most friends. Friendship is important, but since the league was about welcoming everyone, they should give everyone a fair opportunity.

That moment where Ash and Gladion stood and stared at each other, some people said they liked that moment, but it really bothered me, because they are supposed to be battling each other. It is a little more defensible, because strategically you may not want to tire yourself out against someone you know is really good in this type of format, but I still really was rubbed the wrong way by all the cooperation in a free for all, and just how unfair that is to other competitors.

I don't think it was cheating. Choosing who to fight during the Battle Royal was a reasonable strategy. Plus, I don't think that it would have made sense for match ups like Ash vs. Gladion to happen during that chaotic free for all. Saving that for later on in the tournament made sense from both a character and story perspective. Now helping each other out during the Battle Royal on the other hand did feel more unfair by comparison. It's one thing to not want to battle each other during the preliminary round, but helping each other when that does potentially give them an unfair advantage, or at least puts other people at a disadvantage, is a bit more an issue for me.

My controversial opinion of the evening is I much prefer the 2019 version of Type: Wild over the 1998 version.
As someone who has listened to both versions of Type:Wild in literally this year with no nostalgia attachments (the 2019 version during the series, and the 1998 version to compare), I prefer the 2019 version, too.

Maybe it could’ve been better if Rica Matsumoto had provided the vocals for 2019, but I’m not sure if the difference would've made that much of an impact.

Are you comparing my post about the pointlessness of discussing others' personal opinions in this thread with someone in real life who's having delusional opinions?

Are you comparing my post about the pointlessness of discussing others' personal opinions in this thread with someone in real life who's having delusional opinions?
And the reward for figuring it out goes to...

-_- But seriously, what are you talking about? Just on the previous page there was a nice talk between SC and Hidden Mew, I had personally severall good discussions with severall members on this site. Throwing your opinion out into the world just to let everyone know you have it, now that's pointless.

-_- But seriously, what are you talking about? Just on the previous page there was a nice talk between SC and Hidden Mew, I had personally severall good discussions with severall members on this site. Throwing your opinion out into the world just to let everyone know you have it, now that's pointless.
What are you talking about? By its nature, this is not a discussion thread. It's a thread where people post their controversial, aka not widely accepted by fandom, opinions about the show. It's pointless to criticize them by having discussions.

What are you talking about? By its nature, this is not a discussion thread. It's a thread where people post their controversial, aka not widely accepted by fandom, opinions about the show. It's pointless to criticize them by having discussions.
What are you doing right now, then? Also, Hidden Mew, SC190191, and everyone else who ever put up a discussion here, listen to that! You're all doing it wrong! You should delete all of your discussions and put them in profile posts or in PMs! How dare you do that here, you hacks! Oh, and it probably means I should be doing it too... Who wants their PM box flooded? You're first in line, Marshiyanmisuta!

They’re not even "delusional opinion" just outright denying of objective facts, so not a comparable example at all.
Which is basically what prompted Marshiyanmisuta to write this message. See, some time before posting the whole 'opinions shouldn't be criticized' message, Marshiyanmisuta went on a track record of claiming things that were outright untrue, and then being roasted by other users who had more arguments and information. So, really, what are the odds that a person who went from being humiliatingly defeated for being wrong to claiming that 'opinions shouldn't be criticized' was not influenced by an ulterior motive?

What are you doing right now, then?
Answering your personal attacks?
Which is basically what prompted Marshiyanmisuta to write this message. See, some time before posting the whole 'opinions shouldn't be criticized' message, Marshiyanmisuta went on a track record of claiming things that were outright untrue, and then being roasted by other users who had more arguments and information.
Oh? When did that happen?

Back
Top Bottom