• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

Although I and many other people like Charizard (as proven by the Pokémon of the Year poll), I wouldn't exactly call that an unpopular opinion.
Not even close to it. Simply stating that he is overrated is a statement of fact. Shiny Umbreon did not even clarify if that means he likes Charizard himself or not (or if he thinks that it makes Charizard a good or bad Pokemon, for that matter), though you can speculate it's the latter since he's coming here to say that.

Last edited:
I don't think Team Rocket is going anywhere. They're beloved by a large portion of the fandom.

The Pokemon World Tournament seems really like a point of no return.

I don't know and to be fair I don't care.

I just want Team Rocket to be the ones they were before.

With his own Pokémon.

If Ash wins the tournament and therefore he is stated as the Best in the World.

What's next for him?

This is not your local region league that you say "well If he wins or losses he goes to the next region and begins again."

This is a world tournament, this is really different from the other regions.

What's next for him?

This is not your local region league that you say "well If he wins or losses he goes to the next region and begins again."

This is a world tournament, this is really different from the other regions.
Ash has said that winning the PWC would just a step towards him becoming a Master. According to him, becoming a Master is more than just becoming the strongest.

A Pokemon Master is whatever Ash wants it to be.

It's his justification for continuing to travel regardless of whatever success he has. Even if he defeats Leon and wins the PWC, he can say "there's still more for me to discover!" and go somewhere else.

The whole Pokemon Master thing will never be defined. The series will end with Ash still on a journey to become one.

Re: Serena. The continued discussion around her character means she had an impact, which was a good thing. Personally, I could have done without the overt shipping bait, but hey, I wasn't the target for that. Most ships involving Ash are pretty boring anyway.

Nonetheless, I can't blame people for struggling to look past that. Serena was a very marketable character (what with the dancing, dressing up, obvious crush on the protagonist, etc.) and that made some cynical.

The whole Pokemon Master thing will never be defined. The series will end with Ash still on a journey to become one.
I sort of lean more towards the idea that when it's time for the end they'll come up with a definition of Pokémon Master, possibly pulling the "you were already one" trick, and rapidly conclude the story, but I could see it go either way.

I am glad that the Trio appears less

If his appearence is as pathetic as last episode Im glad too.

Also this gatcha made Pokemon look really bad. The only Pokemon who looked good was Chewtle.
The one who caused most problems was Wailord. The other ones were pathetic defeated by a pair of moves.

One good thing that Best Wishes did was breaking the age-old tradition of having Team Rocket appear in every single episode, even if there was no need for them to do so. In many Advanced Generation and Diamond & Pearl episodes, they were put into the episode simply to provide a gag or two, without contributing to the plot at all. Best Wishes made Team Rocket only appear when it was necessary for them to appear for the episode plot, as part of their new, more serious attitude. And even when they later got back into their sillier ways, the trend of them having to appear in every episode remained broken, which was a big plus for them. Quality over quantity.

What's next for him?
Defeating/catching Legendaries and bringing down evil teams. I agree another battling competition wouldn't make sense for Ash if he'd become World Champion.
And what is a Pokémon Master exactly?
It's a term made up by Prof. Oak to keep Ash on a eternal journey so he can spend quality time with his mother.

Even with the World Championship setup this time around, I could still see them keeping Ash and Team Rocket. They're all still too marketable and iconic for the anime to really get rid of. They'll just find some new way for Ash to go on another journey since that's been the basic setup with every series.

I would gladly accept them in next gen.

Just give them their own Pokemon. It's not the same without that really.

Would we have been in love with them without Arbok,Weezing,Victrebell...?

The only ones who made my cry in this series are Team Rocket...Dustox,Cacnea,Chimecho,Arbok,Weezing it was those episodes what made me realize how awesome this guys truly are.

I say without a doubt. That I only watch this series for Team Rocket. If Team Rocket leaves. Well I would watch this series but It would not be the same. But at the same time I will be happy cause this characters will live in my memory.

View: https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/1247865243067240449

I love you Team Rocket. I hope next birthday we have new members.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t care much about Team Rocket pre-Sun/Moon. They were just standard stock characters to me at times. The only moments where they shined for me were their league stalls where they were actually successful and the XY thing where they accompanied Malva.

But as I watched OS and Sun/Moon (specially the latter), my opinion of them elevated somewhat. Arbok and Weezing were a pleasure to watch, specially the episode where they get drunk (?). Sun/Moon felt like the same Team Rocket, but in every appearance instead of around the end of saga when Ash has to be at the league.

I’ve liked Mimikyu since it was introduced, and Team Rocket were the best trainers for it. Bewear also provides a new angle which was never seen before, so I’d love them to get new Pokemon highlighting new accents of character and who can carry an entire episode by themselves instead of playing second fiddle to Ash and Go.

Back
Top Bottom