• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

I don't know how well I would enjoy DP and above if Ash and Team Rocket fazed out. At least for Rockets, give them small progressions instead of the formulaic methods since.... well, the Classic Kanto series, let's be honest. Have them beat Ash once in a while, as that one episode of Sun and Moon pretty much did that. Have that Gacha Machine to pour out a legendary or some big Pokemon just for the sake of it.

As much as I'm good with James leaving the Z-Ring and Z-Crystal with their Alola Pokemon, why would Team Rocket not use Z-Moves anyway? They're villains. Forget the "concerned" or whatever they claim themselves to be. We all will be fine. Just try to leave as much world-ending stories and just have them fire off strong techniques.

If their predecessors are anything to go by, even if the Rockets win someday I feel they will still get punished in the end. And I can think of a million ways that can happened.

Even if they would end up punished in the end, that’s one thing that makes for some great villains. It’d be great if we could see TRio actually accomplishing something that builds up the TR story. Doesn’t have to involve Ash, just some side stories with them. As much as Best Wishes sacrifices their character initially, it was at least interesting to see that, as much as they’re normally treated like clowns, they’re still part of this organization for a reason and can be competent.

With the exception of Dancing Raboot episodes from 16 to 22 all have been good episodes.
Most of the episodes after episode 13 are excellent. And speaking of that episode, it set up Ash's goal for this series, so the series definitely has a direction for him by the point where you are.

Interesting how y'all contradict each other. Hmm. I get that his goal is to take part in the world championship thing but it seems like he is barely doing anything about it. Every episode feels like scattered interesting happenings in the pokemon world without any connection to each other.

Interesting how y'all contradict each other. Hmm. I get that his goal is to take part in the world championship thing but it seems like he is barely doing anything about it. Every episode feels like scattered interesting happenings in the pokemon world without any connection to each other.
His fist PWC match is in episode 18, which is one of the best battle episodes in this series so far.

I'm personally quite irritated how some people deny any thoughts about Cynthia having taken part in the World Coronation Series and actually lost. I'm not saying that her participation and loss have been confirmed, because they haven't, but when I see how some people just seem so steadfastly refuse the possibility of her losing against anyone, even Leon, I can't help but feel irritated by this over-the-top fanboyism. No offense to any Cynthia fans, you're free to like her if you want, but too much is too much. This YouTube comment I found puts my thoughts about the whole thing into words pretty well:
Screenshot_20200617-122811.png

Screenshot_20200617-122823.png

I'm personally quite irritated how some people deny any thoughts about Cynthia having taken part in the World Coronation Series and actually lost. I'm not saying that her participation and loss have been confirmed, because they haven't, but when I see how some people just seem so steadfastly refuse the possibility of her losing against anyone, even Leon, I can't help but feel irritated by this over-the-top fanboyism. No offense to any Cynthia fans, you're free to like her if you want, but too much is too much. This YouTube comment I found puts my thoughts about the whole thing into words pretty well:
One of the reasons why Leon is great.

The only issue I have with the YouTube argument you've shared is that it uses gameplay elements to support Leon's strength in the anime. As games ≠ anime, only feats from the respective realms should be used to support the respective realms.

In other words, compare anime Cynthia and Leon by their anime-selves and achievements. Likewise, compare video game Cynthia and Leon by their video game-selves and achievements.

The only issue I have with the YouTube argument you've shared is that it uses gameplay elements to support Leon's strength in the anime. As games ≠ anime, only feats from the respective realms should be used to support the respective realms.

In other words, compare anime Cynthia and Leon by their anime-selves and achievements. Likewise, compare video game Cynthia and Leon by their video game-selves and achievements.
Yeah. That's true. But I feel the rest of it and my argument are valid.

I'm gonna level I didn't find Cynthia any harder than the other Champions so I'm sort of puzzled by how some people act like she was a 7th Saga boss.
I can understand better why she's put that high in the show where she got a lot more screen time than the others and we saw her Garchomp wrecking Paul.

Does video game Cynthia have achievement other than "is a champion"? When I replayed Platinum she was mostly a mentor figure who was too lazy to use her level 60 Pokémon to defeat Cyrus. I didn't play gen 5 so I can't say if she did anything there.

Does video game Cynthia have achievement other than "is a champion"? When I replayed Platinum she was mostly a mentor figure who was too lazy to use her level 60 Pokémon to defeat Cyrus. I didn't play gen 5 so I can't say if she did anything there.
Not really. She just acts as a repeatable post-game boss who's come to the region to study some ruins. And takes part in a battle facility in the sequels. That's it.

Not sure if this would be a controversial opinion or not, but...
I believe that after this saga of the anime is done, they are going to replace Ash. I mean, what can they do with him at this point?
In the very early parts of this series I thought they were building towards this. The early announcements made Gou feel like he was designed specifically to be a character they can keep running as protagonist indefinitely without the problems and discontent Ash's glacial league journey had; there's always new Pokémon to catch for a new generation so there's no "stalling out" or backsliding. Episode 9 also looked like it was going to do something with the Ho-oh connection until it turned out to be about a character of the day.

At this point I've dropped my internal odds on the issue, but they're still higher than any previous series due to certain conspicuous issues like Ash's much higher starting tier and the "big finale" flags all over the idea of the world championship.

In the very early parts of this series I thought they were building towards this. The early announcements made Gou feel like he was designed specifically to be a character they can keep running as protagonist indefinitely without the problems and discontent Ash's glacial league journey had; there's always new Pokémon to catch for a new generation so there's no "stalling out" or backsliding. Episode 9 also looked like it was going to do something with the Ho-oh connection until it turned out to be about a character of the day.

At this point I've dropped my internal odds on the issue, but they're still higher than any previous series due to certain conspicuous issues like Ash's much higher starting tier and the "big finale" flags all over the idea of the world championship.
Yeah. They are definitely building up to a big final clash between Ash and Leon.

So, I've been watching Johto episodes on english dub. Veronica Taylor's Ash and Eric Stuart's Brock, how to say it...it was so bad, it's hilarious? I just can't take it seriously.

Something that always bothered me was how untouchable Drew's Roselia was whenever it battled against May's Pokemon, from its first fight against Beautifly to its last Double Battle against Combusken and Beautifly (where two regions worth of experience had essentially passed). It would often go up against moves that its Grass-type moves should have fallen prey to (such as Gust, Fire Spin, Blizzard, Silver Wind, Psychic-enhanced Fire Spin, etc.), yet still have its Magical Leaves or Petal Dances inexplicably power through every disadvantageous opposition. I'm fully aware this is anime and that video game logic isn't always applied, but Drew's Roselia is the most egregious example of this phenomena; I don't think any other Pokemon in the anime comes close in regards to how often their moves overpower moves they shouldn't.

Thus, admittedly, I was elated when Grace's Medicham absolutely thrashed it at the Fallarbor Contest.

Back
Top Bottom