• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

Do you have examples?
"Akagi: The Genius Who Descended to Darkness" for one. There's a couple others whose names are eluding my memory at the moment.

The original Yugioh is a bit of an odd duck since in the canon of the manga, Yugi Muto only lost four duels - three of which were due to outside factors and the fourth (Dragon Card) involves Yugi being forced into a game he's never heard of before which he naturally loses and requires Atem to take over and win. Thus while Yugi isn't technically invincible it's only because the plot has to pull some chicanery in order to strongarm some loses here and there. The King of Games would never lose cleanly of course. :confused:

Okay, loses by protagonist:

Yugi:
  1. Pegasus
  2. Kaiba (the infamous wall episode)
  3. Rebecca (technically, it was a win for him)
  4. Rafael
  5. Himself
Jaden
  1. Zane
  2. Kaibaman
  3. Syrus
  4. Aster
  5. Osamu
Yusei
  1. Jack (an in a flashback, to boot).
Yuma
  1. Random bully
  2. Bronk
  3. Caswell
  4. Shark
  5. Bronk (again)
  6. Roku
  7. Bronk (yet again)
  8. Lillybot
  9. Roku (again)
  10. Kite
Yuya
  1. Zuzu
  2. Declan
  3. Jack
  4. Riley
Yusaku: None

I won't count Yuga since his series is just starting.

Okay, loses by protagonist:

Yugi:
  1. Pegasus
  2. Kaiba (the infamous wall episode)
  3. Rebecca (technically, it was a win for him)
  4. Rafael
  5. Himself
Jaden
  1. Zane
  2. Kaibaman
  3. Syrus
  4. Aster
  5. Osamu
Yusei
  1. Jack (an in a flashback, to boot).
Yuma
  1. Random bully
  2. Bronk
  3. Caswell
  4. Shark
  5. Bronk (again)
  6. Roku
  7. Bronk (yet again)
  8. Lillybot
  9. Roku (again)
  10. Kite
Yuya
  1. Zuzu
  2. Declan
  3. Jack
  4. Riley
Yusaku: None

I won't count Yuga since his series is just starting.
I did not know that they lost very few duels. Wow.

Do you have examples?
I'm not a hundred percent sure here since I watched it entirely when I was a kid, but I remember people saying Takao\Tyson from Bayblade pretty much wins everything.

I was never a fan of this series, so I don't quite remember it. I did get to rewatch some of the episodes in Japanese a few years ago though, and based on the first 15 or so episodes he does win every battle as far as I know.

I was never a fan of this series, so I don't quite remember it. I did get to rewatch some of the episodes in Japanese a few years ago though, and based on the first 15 or so episodes he does win every battle as far as I know.
I think I remember him losing against Sasuke Kai and Tallah, but I have not seen that show in like 15 years, so I'm not sure.

I think I remember him losing against Sasuke Kai and Tallah, but I have not seen that show in like 15 years, so I'm not sure.
Oh yeah he lost against Kai! For some reason I forgot it... That was like the first or second episode.

And I have no idea who Tallah is, so can't say anything on this one.

There's been some talk about Gou competing in the PWC, which personally I think is silly. However, if they wanted to have Gou develop an interest in battles, I'd love to see him take on the Indigo League. We'd get meaningful reunions with all the Kanto Gym Leaders, and in the end Gou and Ash could both participate in the tournament (Ash would win of course). Obviously this would kind of derail the series so :wynaut: , but then again there's no telling how long this series will go on for.

There's been some talk about Gou competing in the PWC, which personally I think is silly. However, if they wanted to have Gou develop an interest in battles, I'd love to see him take on the Indigo League. We'd get meaningful reunions with all the Kanto Gym Leaders, and in the end Gou and Ash could both participate in the tournament (Ash would win of course). Obviously this would kind of derail the series so :wynaut: , but then again there's no telling how long this series will go on for.

That just sounds boring to me because it would be a rehash of what Ash did. Also seeing the Kanto Gym Leaders again for an episode or two doesn't seem like it would be a case of "meaningful reunions" to me if they're going to focus on Goh instead of Ash.

That just sounds boring to me because it would be a rehash of what Ash did. Also seeing the Kanto Gym Leaders again for an episode or two doesn't seem like it would be a case of "meaningful reunions" to me if they're going to focus on Goh instead of Ash.
That's like saying Ash vs Misty in SM was a rehash because they already battled in OS. Battles have evolved so much in this series that returning to the og Gym Leaders would be a completely different experience from before, especially considering most of Ash's Kanto Gym battles were pretty unconventional as it is. A lot of time has passed, so the Gym leaders will likely have changed a lot too, and could use different Pokemon and strategies. Pewter City, Fuchsia City, and Viridian City would all have completely new Gym Leaders to boot.

I can see the appeal of wanting Gou to battle, he has a ton of Pokemon at his disposal and it would be exciting to see which he brings to each match. Obviously Ash would be with him, giving advice and playing the Brock role.

Personally, I'd rather see this than watch Goh catch all these Pokemon he doesn't need or is even gonna use.

Back
Top Bottom