• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

My question to the next person who posts about Go-psychopath.
Who seriously called Go a psychopath here?
Speaking of Hunter J, someone once said that Gou was worse than her in the monster aspect.
Then there's the idea that Gou would betray Satoshi, at the drop of a hat, for a chance to get Mew.

Speaking of Hunter J, someone once said that Gou was worse than her in the monster aspect.
Then there's the idea that Gou would betray Satoshi, at the drop of a hat, for a chance to get Mew.
I don’t recall the first one here, not seriously though.
And as someone who's seen the entire anime section (yes, I’m a free person), can you please show me where the second one comes from? It’s such a random thing I've LITERALLY never come across that before. Are we making up stuff people who don’t like Go have said?

I don't like him because of how he's written. I hate how easy he gets stuff. How the world bends itself for him. How he barely faces consequences. How rushed his arc is. I hate all of this about him.

You basically summed up the issues I had with Goh’s character. Goh reminds me of Alain...both Gary Stu-ish. I’m also an African woman of color too, so I don’t dislike him because of his race.

It comes from a fic someone sent to me on Twitter.
I brought it because the setting is similar to the upcoming Project Mew Arc.

Resumed.
Satoshi is in danger, asks Gou for help.
Gou refuses, because he's seen a light and he is sure that it's Mew, and leaves him behind while running after that shining.
Obviously, it was a mirage/illusion. And Gou is more tormented by how he was fooled than what could have happened to Satoshi.

People are quick to distort characters.
But it's worse when they do these kind of things.
The person who told me about it, wanted to ask if something like that would happen in the previously mentioned Arc.
...you used one isolated Twitter incident that might be a troll to generalise?

Never said that person wrote that.
They sent me a link to a fanfic site.
There were readers, favs.

So it means, people share that vision.
The author may be a troll, but that doesn't annul the fact that others liked it.

My question to the next person who posts about Go-psychopath.
Who seriously called Go a psychopath here?
I asked who called Go a psychopath here, that is, these forums. And you replied with a weird fanfic site. Which isn’t my point at all, nor does it answer my question.

I've personally seen more posts about people complaining that Go's being called a psychopath than the ACTUAL posts calling Go a psychopath.

Oh, sorry. I misinterpreted.

Well, the meme comparing him to J got taken down a few moments after it was posted.

I apologise again for not helping....
If only I could remember who sent that pic...

While it is nice to see images of production stuff from the anime, I kinda wish that the Pokemon Twitter account (for the anime, not the main brand account) would stop spoiling things here and there whenever there's a big episode.

I miss the days when we only had the magazines and the little teasers to go off of, helped make things feel more exciting. (I kinda blame S&M for starting this the minute they showed off that dang trophy).

While it is nice to see images of production stuff from the anime, I kinda wish that the Pokemon Twitter account (for the anime, not the main brand account) would stop spoiling things here and there whenever there's a big episode.

I miss the days when we only had the magazines and the little teasers to go off of, helped make things feel more exciting. (I kinda blame S&M for starting this the minute they showed off that dang trophy).

I agree. Sometimes, I feel like I’ve watched an entire episode before it even airs.

Ppl need to learn to accept critisism and not using elements that have nothing to do with it.
It is as simple as that.

Re-Opening This Thread
This thread as well as the Racism and Representation in the Anime thread will now be re-opened for replies. The moderation team would like to remind our users of the following:

-Please be considerate to other users of our forum. Do not generalize and make sure you are specific when referring to groups of people especially when it comes to issues of racism and bigotry.

-If you genuinely feel that a member of our forum is showing signs of bigotry, report them immediately.

-There is nothing wrong with discussing racism or bigotry that you’ve seen in the Pokémon fandom or community at large. This is not considered intersite drama. Just make sure you are explicit in that you are not referring to BG forum users. If you are, then the better thing to do would be to report this to Staff.

-If you see problematic or rule-breaking behavior report it or message a Staff member privately. Derailing public threads is not a good way to air out grievances.

-If you have an issue with a moderator or set of moderators, you are always free to message someone else. There are plenty of Staff members who are not directly associated with this section, and there are plenty of levels to our Staff team. Again: handle it privately.

-Finally, think before you post. If you are angry in the moment and think you are about to post something rude or inflammatory, take a deep breath and come back to it later. Staff can see your deleted posts and we will not hesitate to act on them if we feel it’s necessary.

With all of that out of the way, we hope people can get back to using this thread appropriately. Thank you for reading.

Because it's so, so overused.
Not to mention that most of the time it feels like they're straight up enemies instead of rivals the moment they meet.
It'd be refreshing if there was one rivalry or two where the evolved form wins every bout because, realistically, that's what would happen. I can't recall a time where that's happened as the unevolved usually wins or has the last (i.e. decisive) win of the respective series.

I guess there is Ash's Snivy and Trip's Serperior as an exception. Even though their score is a draw since both won a battle against each other, Serperior got the last victory.

It'd be refreshing if there was one rivalry or two where the evolved form wins every bout because, realistically, that's what would happen. I can't recall a time where that's happened as the unevolved usually wins or has the last (i.e. decisive) win of the respective series.

I guess there is Ash's Snivy and Trip's Serperior as an exception. Even though their score is a draw since both won a battle against each other, Serperior got the last victory.
Incineroar beat Litten the first time.

And Torracat only beat Incineroar once it was ready to evolve

Didn't Pignite lose a battle against an Emboar after evolving?

Incineroar beat Litten the first time.

And Torracat only beat Incineroar once it was ready to evolve

Again, I said "the unevolved usually wins or has the last (i.e. decisive) win of the respective series." Torracat/Incineroar got the last and most decisive win against its evolved form (at the time).

Didn't Pignite lose a battle against an Emboar after evolving?

No. It won and simultaneously defeated the Heatmor alongside the Emboar.

Back
Top Bottom