• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

I don't know how controversial this is, but I feel like I'm in a minority in which I prefer Jessie over James or Meowth. She has established motivations like the other two, but is the only one who actually had somewhat of a character arc spanning through several seasons. Not to mention that her unpredictability and the fact that her flaws are shown more than her positive attributes makes it all the more meaningful when she acts out of kindness or from a genuine place-unlike say, James, who is often EXPECTED to be the kind one. Her being kind feels a lot more special compared to the other two as, again, her flaws are shown full throttle in almost every episode she's in. Her relationships with the Poke girls always are nice to see, especially her relationship with her pokemon. People complained that Mimikyu should've gone to James instead, but I disagree as its personality fits Jessie's more than James. That, and, it makes their bonding moments more meaningful because of how they both rarely show their good side.

I think the anime not making Lance a relative of Clair but just another strong Dragon Trainer she trained with can be added to Johto anime's list of wasted opportunities. Also, why did they make a Dragonair her ace instead of Kingdra, like in the games?

Also, why did they make a Dragonair her ace instead of Kingdra, like in the games?
My guess is that it was done so that Charizard would fight an opponent that could provide a more dynamic and action-packed battle, since Kingdra is restricted to an aquatic environment while Dragonair can fight on basically any terrain and even on the sky.

I think the anime not making Lance a relative of Clair but just another strong Dragon Trainer she trained with can be added to Johto anime's list of wasted opportunities. Also, why did they make a Dragonair her ace instead of Kingdra, like in the games?
Man, tell me about it. Who the hell thought “hey, let’s remove all the personal investment between the two dragon trainers and make them randos that happen to know each other” was a good idea?

Maybe it was done because Lance himself was so much of an afterthought that having Clair be his rival might inadvertedly set up a battle with him that would never happen, or they just didn’t want to bring Clair’s asshole self onscreen. Whatever the reasoning was, it still wouldn’t be half as disappointing as other decisions from Johto, so why not go through with it?

Alright, I thought about this opinion for a while but not If it's controversial though but regardless I want to share it with everyone in this thread.

-We need a cartoony looking villain that seems pretty harmless but can do some messed up stuffs (not anything too edgy) rather than the villains always trying to look serious.
I can explain this subject better, If peoples didn't understand what I'm talking about.

-We need a cartoony looking villain that seems pretty harmless but can do some messed up stuffs (not anything too edgy) rather than the villains always trying to look serious.
I can explain this subject better, If peoples didn't understand what I'm talking about.
fe682d449af6ddcdf77675c39af8aa9a83b2a3d2.png

I don't recall them doing anything messed up after the Viridian City episode.
...AG089 was pretty messed up. So was EP108. They were also pretty bad in BW. Not to mention that they're technically stalking Ash.

I mean, I love them as sympathetic villains, but we can't forget the villain part of that.

lol That's the first time I see someone translating "nya" for "meow". Idk, kinda makes sense but it sounds weird to me. When I used subs, years ago, I remember the Pokemon sub groups either omitting it or leaving it as-is, such as "I don't know what to say, nya".

And for some reason, Jasmine was made super aggressive in battle, as opposed to her in-game timid and shy personality.
Wasn’t she timid outside of battle, though?

I mean, I can’t really blame the attitude change, we’d all probably be a little more confident with a giant metal snake ready to crack the spine of whoever wrongs us

I wonder if the series is still going? I think it's quite unknown, even in Japan too.
Actually, the series is still going. It's current series is still pretty popular, despite causing certain controversies. It's still called ポケットモンスター if you want to go check it out. :p

Do you mean something like「ロケット団 」from the obscure 1997 anime 「ポケットモンスター」? I think they fit the bill pretty well.
I was really shocked when I heard that their ニャース could actually talk! And they kept going after the main character サトシ and his partner, ピカチュウ all the time. I wonder if the series is still going? I think it's quite unknown, even in Japan too.
Btw, I thought your name was Satoshi as well. The Satoshi over there is supposed to be you, right? xD

Do you mean something like「ロケット団 」from the obscure 1997 anime 「ポケットモンスター」? I think they fit the bill pretty well.
I was really shocked when I heard that their ニャース could actually talk! And they kept going after the main character サトシ and his partner, ピカチュウ all the time. I wonder if the series is still going? I think it's quite unknown, even in Japan too.

yes and no at the same time, I mean they go in that category but I was talking about a new villain that could be more sinister and brutal without being too edgy
(at the same time appearing looking like a cute not so evil fairy type Pokemon, like Sylveon), something like from VR : Help Wanted (Malhare) If you excuse me.

Other kind of challenges, like the island trials.
You reminded me of one of the issues with SM- they absolutely butchered the Island Trial focus. Pikachu winning against a ground type using water again when you have 3 Pokémon that were never utilised in a grand trial still baffles me.

You reminded me of one of the issues with SM- they absolutely butchered the Island Trial focus. Pikachu winning against a ground type using water again when you have 3 Pokémon that were never utilised in a grand trial still baffles me.

My biggest pet peeves with that episode is Ash equipping his Electrium Z from the getgo, while the writers made it abundantly clear that he only thought of dousing Mudsdale in seawater in the middle of battle. This means Ash knowingly equipped a useless Z Crystal while going into a Grand Trial.

You might say that Ash can just easily swap out Z Crystals in the middle of battle, but the thing is that only around 10 episodes before this particular Grand Trial, Ash lost his first battle with Hau because... he dropped the Grassium Z which he planned to swap in the middle of battle!

I admit, the final grand trial was an utter fail, not only because of what you said, but also because it was the final grand trial that did it. Way to end Ash's island challenge on such a lame note.

Back
Top Bottom