• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

Gacha Vending is perfectly fine and a nice serviceable way to add a bit of variety and interest to reductive Rocket appearances (which PM has fallen back into it seems.) I can at least get some interest because these Pokémon are portrayed as a threat or interesting in some fashion thematically.

• Drawing two Dark-type "evil" Pokémon to intimidate Messon with Inteleon, the James Bond hero, showing up and saving the day.
  • Two big-eared, cute lagomorph rodent and rabbit to tag battle against Gou and Satoshi's rabbit and rodent.
  • They managed to not to get wiped out by Thunders and made themselves useful thanks to Ground-type picks.
  • Supersonic from Jibacoil had the boys paralyzed but Messon's own type of high pitched crying subdued TRio back.
  • Whaloh's usage of Splash.....was eccentric a nice way to cause trouble leading to an evolutionary climax save.
Rewatching DP so many episodes are literally, "Poison Tail! Needle Arm/Bullet Seed!" then a quick Thunderbolt response to the face and blast-off. If you're going to fall back into a pattern of using TRio as an episode-by-episode plot device. You can at least add variety to the appearances.

The thing about Lucario and Cinderace is because to me, they tried soooo impossibly hard to make this two seem like "equals" and they failed at that. They evolved together, battled Eternatus together, and there was even that hint of ''jokester x grumpy'' dynamic that they tried to do in that one Unova episode, they even but them both in the intro... all for nothing cuz the idea has been pretty much scrapped at this point :X3:

Also, didn't they mentioned how they didn't really knew what to do with the Galar starters in JN? Maybe pairing Cinderace, who I think TPCi intended to be the ''shillmon starter'' of the generation (until they were proven wrong by Inteleon) with Lucario, an extremely popular Pokémon that everybody and their mom wanted Ash to have for over 10 years was their plan for it?

Last edited:
I don’t see the problem with Ash vs Valerie. Hawlucha just used the momentum from gyro to power his X-scissor and break trick room. They even explained that it was a bug vs psychic move. It’s pretty logical if you ask me. This type of stuff happens in the anime all the time. I find it weird how in the same series Ash’s pokemon have cancelled sleep+poison powder, climbed draco meteor and dodged future sight then hit the opponent with it, but this is where people draw the line.

JN has what I call, fillers with a twist. They act like fillers, but at the end a character catches/releases or a pokemon evolves. Examples JN066, JN047, JN070. JN066: until Flabébé evolves and stays behind, JN047: until Skovet evolves, JN070:until James catches Morpeko. There are alot of those in JN. Dont get me wrong, I like focus episodes, but in JN they feel like fillers until the end where something unexpected happens

Koharu/Chloe is honestly my favourite of the main Journeys characters. Goh is alright character wise but his goal is dull as dishwater and Ash has become so much of a boring ass non-entity this series that I forget he's even there half of the time.

Sure, she has her own share of problems like hardly ever showing up because the staff are still in that Shin Yoshida esque phase of not caring much about female leads at all but she's very likeable and I'm more intrigued by her now more than the main two.

Last edited:
JN has what I call, fillers with a twist. They act like fillers, but at the end a character catches/releases or a pokemon evolves. Examples JN066, JN047, JN070. JN066: until Flabébé evolves and stays behind, JN047: until Skovet evolves, JN070:until James catches Morpeko. There are alot of those in JN. Dont get me wrong, I like focus episodes, but in JN they feel like fillers until the end where something unexpected happens
I honestly feel DP was worse in that department.

The episodes she gets will. Quality over quantity, in her case.
Not gonna lie, it is a little weird to see you defend Chloe's lack of screentime with the "quality over quantity" argument when you literally just said that you find her less interesting than Ash or Goh, meaning that at least in your opinion, she's not getting either angle in her story.

Not gonna lie, it is a little weird to see you defend Chloe's lack of screentime with the "quality over quantity" argument when you literally just said that you find her less interesting than Ash or Goh, meaning that at least in your opinion, she's not getting either angle in her story.
I said, "in her case".

I said, "in her case".
I don’t see how that changes things? You are clearly making all these statements in Koharu's context since we're not talking about multiple characters here. Something is clearly missing if people find Koharu the least interesting character of the cast, it clearly isn’t "quality".

Very true.

They don't even come across as co-workers.
They don't even show them interact much and its horrible. Another one of Journeys big flaws. We went from seeing Ash's Pokemon regularly and seeing these adorable interactions like Rowlet with Meltan/Melmetal to seeing his Pokemon rarely appear and never interacting.

Back
Top Bottom