• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

3. We need a good Darkrai (outside of Movie 10) since it always appeared as evil in anime or was just... there (That XY filler, If you know what I'm talking about)
Based on the trailer, it seems to me like Cresselia is using Lunar Dance to heal Darkrai. So you may get your wish.
4. If Dawn evolved one of her Pokemons, it should be Buneary rather than her Quilava.
Typhlosion has been criminally underrepresented in the anime. Her Quilava deserves to evolve.

While I would really love to see Dawn with a Typhlosion, I'd be okay with her getting a Lopunny. Despite being her first capture and frequently used during appeals, Buneary didn't really get much focus in DP. It didn't even learn a fourth move and evolving it could have easily happened given that it is friendship based. Out of the two, I'd prefer Typhlosion more and having both would be ideal, but I wouldn't be too upset if only Buneary evolved.

Typhlosion has been criminally underrepresented in the anime. Her Quilava deserves to evolve.
I can see where you're coming but I said that since anime is too afraid to feminine Pokemons (unless it belongs to a female trainer) yet still agree with you on this.

So...the discussion over the past few days about "Pokémon in the Human world" versus "Humans in the Pokémon world" got me thinking and not gonna lie, I wish the anime had embraced the early instalment weirdness of there being normal animals in the world aside from Pokémon.

Hear me out. What's interesting about Pokémon is in the very name, they are Monsters that you keep in your Pocket. They can hold great power and the Professor asking you to record the ones you meet on your journey with the PokéDex holds more weight when there's a sense of mystery surrounding them - sure Caterpie might be a bottom barrel Pokémon but in comparison to the mundane insects in your backgarden it would still be impressive. But of course that sorta illusion was somewhat feasible back when there were only 150 but as the franchise keeps getting larger and more 'mons get introduced, the wonder of it got diluted down and they essentially supplanted everyday animals.

Just my two cents...

So...the discussion over the past few days about "Pokémon in the Human world" versus "Humans in the Pokémon world" got me thinking and not gonna lie, I wish the anime had embraced the early instalment weirdness of there being normal animals in the world aside from Pokémon.

Hear me out. What's interesting about Pokémon is in the very name, they are Monsters that you keep in your Pocket. They can hold great power and the Professor asking you to record the ones you meet on your journey with the PokéDex holds more weight when there's a sense of mystery surrounding them - sure Caterpie might be a bottom barrel Pokémon but in comparison to the mundane insects in your backgarden it would still be impressive. But of course that sorta illusion was somewhat feasible back when there were only 150 but as the franchise keeps getting larger and more 'mons get introduced, the wonder of it got diluted down and they essentially supplanted everyday animals.

Just my two cents...
I personally prefer to keep the real world and the Pokémon world separate.

Serena’s romance and feelings for Ash is the best thing to happen in the anime.
The antithesis of this is my controversial opinion.

EDIT: At least it was before the executive who demanded everything be episodic with minimal inter-episode consistentcy and few two-parters even if that meant episodes were actively ruined by being crammed into a single part came along. That's not a controversial opinion, it's just the current worst thing to ever happen to the anime.

Last edited:
In regards that no real world locations, animal, or people appear in the Pokémon world. I prefer to keep fantasy and reality separate. Makes the fantasy easier to enjoy for me. Things based on real life things, like region designs and culture, are okay, though.
Didn't they feature real animals on anime in early seasons? Or am I remember that wrong?

While the Saffron Gym arc can be considered classic, when put into context with the rest of season 1, it really doesn't make sense. In Showdown at Dark City, it was established that the Pokémon League approves whether a Gym is worthy of operating due to different reasons, and I fail to see why they'd let a person like Sabrina, who basically kidnaps people and runs her own cult, to be a Gym Leader.

The same applies, to a slightly lesser degree, on the Celadon Gym, where its Gym Trainers were guilty of abusing their authority by refusing a challenger's access to their Gym just because said challenger had mocked a product they manufactured. They had basically given an honest challenger the middle finger for a reason completely unrelated to their right to challenge Gyms. If that's not abusing authority, I don't know what is.

While the Saffron Gym arc can be considered classic, when put into context with the rest of season 1, it really doesn't make sense. In Showdown at Dark City, it was established that the Pokémon League approves whether a Gym is worthy of operating due to different reasons, and I fail to see why they'd let a person like Sabrina, who basically kidnaps people and runs her own cult, to be a Gym Leader.

The same applies, to a slightly lesser degree, on the Celadon Gym, where its Gym Trainers were guilty of abusing their authority by refusing a challenger's access to their Gym just because said challenger had mocked a product they manufactured. They had basically given an honest challenger the middle finger for a reason completely unrelated to their right to challenge Gyms. If that's not abusing authority, I don't know what is.
Don't forget Koga Gym having traps that can kill trainers and Blaines Gym being in a volcano. Man beside the first three gym leaders the Kanto Gym Leaders are kind of insane compared to every other region.

Back
Top Bottom