• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

I think you meant to say the Galar Gym Leaders are Elite Four level. Anyway, yeah.......except poor Galar realllly got the short end of the 'ol stick didn't it? This is Journey's third year now, and most Galar Pokemon still haven't even debuted yet. I mean, we're just getting Marnie and Piers now, in 2022. SwSh came out in 2019.
I quoted the games there. The games flat out say that Raihan is a champion level trainer outside of Galar. Meaning he could be a champion in any other region if he wanted to be.

I was just pointing out how Ash winning a league in Alola doesn’t mean that he can never compete in a league ever again.

I don't mind Goh's catching gimmick, I just wish it was executed better. Goh simply using Great/Ultra balls and/or the berries from GO would instantly make his captures much, much less annoying,

I don't mind Goh getting all 3 Galar starters either, I just wish they... Well, you know. Everything that could be said about Goh's starters has already been said a million times before. Especially the little NFT.

Ultimately, Goh's character, just like everything else in Journeys, is a combination of several interesting and even great concepts that are executed very poorly. But if it were up to me, I wouldn't change much of the core character concepts for Goh, just the execution.

Alright, after a long time here's my controversial opinion about something in the Anime : Grookey was a mistake, Goh simply refuses to tame his stupid monkey and that thing just keep causing trouble for everyone, they can put that thing inside of a microwave, eat him afterwards and I wouldn't mind something like that.

I quoted the games there. The games flat out say that Raihan is a champion level trainer outside of Galar. Meaning he could be a champion in any other region if he wanted to be.

I was just pointing out how Ash winning a league in Alola doesn’t mean that he can never compete in a league ever again.
It's only Raihan though. Plus, Ash will end up fighting him soon in the Master Class, and we don't know if another region will do what Galar did again in terms of the league setup. Besides, I have a strong hunch this might end up being Ash's final series as a main character, so yeah, I still don't see him competing in a league ever again.

I feel bad for XY Ash he started off strong and was looking like he was going to go all the way. And then before he reached the end the writers or the higher ups said no and tripped him up.
I may bash on it but I feel really bad for Ashs Greninja.
Get a special form and all this development only to lose and be released and all this prior development is completely thrown out the window

I may bash on it but I feel really bad for Ashs Greninja.
Get a special form and all this development only to lose and be released and all this prior development is completely thrown out the window
I feel ya. Especially considering it took time away from Ash's other team members who could've really used it. (Cough, cough, Noivern.) But it really sucks. The very next series we got Rowlet, who defeated its fully evolved form in a completely undeserved, cheap, and stupid excuse of a battle win, yet poor Greninja never got any redemption, despite deserving it much more than the narcoleptic owl.

I think that black/white shouldnt get remakes, they are already great games, and there is no need to fix what ain't broken

The thought of B/W 3 makes me intrigued though... if they get ILCA to make it, I think it would be fun, but I have a feeling they would de-complicate Castelia or something like that, there would be one big glaring flaw haha

It makes battles waaay too easy, especially combined with that Exp. Share nonsense.
Really I see affection as "Hey remember all the crazy things pokemon can do in the anime like survive hits that should have k.o. and the like now your pokemon can do it to." I can see how this would be bad but i'm still overall fine with it. And as for the Exp. Share I don't see how this makes things easier it just means you spend less time grinding. But I feel like we should continue this in this thread.

And to be fair, at least in BDSP the brokenness of the Exp. Share and the Affection System is offset quite well with the fact that when you reach a certain point in the game, bosses start using EV-trained Pokemon with maximum IVs, ideal natures, competitive-level movesets, and held items. Trust me, those factors make the Exp. Share and Affection practically requirements to beat the game, since players don't have easy access to Pokemon with ideal IVs and EV training can be quite a chore until the postgame.

Back
Top Bottom